3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
2 hours ago, Viva said:

I haven’t received it yet. Probably was sent to my lawyer even though I sent request for address change. I texted my lawyer to ask but he hasn’t responded. 

Sorry about that. Is that your first rfe?

Oh okay

My RFE is about good moral character because I only submitted police clearance from my state. However, they are asking for clearance from a place I lived in right before moving here but I only lived there for 4 months and not 6 like they say they need. I am confused why they would ask for clearance from a place I was only at less than 6 months. Is this normal @sandranj ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

2 minutes ago, digonyc said:

I have a case with the same date as you. So far i haven't receive anything!

I'm a December 21st filer too! Last time I heard from them was last June when I submitted police clearance from back home then I got my prima facie. It gives hope

hello everyone,

my husband withdrew his sponsorship on my AOS after I left him and it was denied, I didn't know what to do at the time as I was working full time to support my self, went to couple lawyers and explained my situation, and what my husband was doing to me, they told me I can't do nothing but leaving the states they told me to leave even before I received the AOS denial letter another lawyer even told me to file for asylum! (not all lawyers are good)

after I received the denial letter my friend referred me to a women advocacy organization and they told me that they will help and explained VAWA! I never knew that vawa existed I don't understand why none of the lawyers never mentioned anything about it! however the organization told me that the only downside is that am not going to be able to work for 5 months until my vawa gets approved,  my work permit that I received before was still valid but I quit my job just to be on the safe side since uscis mentioned in the AOS denial letter that the work permit is terminated, as everyone know that vawa takes way more then 5 months to be approved I am out of job and I can barly make it,  is there anyway to get a work permit before vawa approval?

i have read that most of the ladies here have EAD's and work while waiting on there pending vawa! can someone please explain how can I do that? 

my time line: 

filed vawa on 8/2017 received prima facie within 3 weeks 

on 2/2018 ICE officers visited me at home they told me that they want to confirm the addresses I had on my vawa petition,  they told me that they were confused and want to confirm.

9 hours ago, AIDA88 said:

hello everyone,

my husband withdrew his sponsorship on my AOS after I left him and it was denied, I didn't know what to do at the time as I was working full time to support my self, went to couple lawyers and explained my situation, and what my husband was doing to me, they told me I can't do nothing but leaving the states they told me to leave even before I received the AOS denial letter another lawyer even told me to file for asylum! (not all lawyers are good)

after I received the denial letter my friend referred me to a women advocacy organization and they told me that they will help and explained VAWA! I never knew that vawa existed I don't understand why none of the lawyers never mentioned anything about it! however the organization told me that the only downside is that am not going to be able to work for 5 months until my vawa gets approved,  my work permit that I received before was still valid but I quit my job just to be on the safe side since uscis mentioned in the AOS denial letter that the work permit is terminated, as everyone know that vawa takes way more then 5 months to be approved I am out of job and I can barly make it,  is there anyway to get a work permit before vawa approval?

i have read that most of the ladies here have EAD's and work while waiting on there pending vawa! can someone please explain how can I do that? 

my time line: 

filed vawa on 8/2017 received prima facie within 3 weeks 

on 2/2018 ICE officers visited me at home they told me that they want to confirm the addresses I had on my vawa petition,  they told me that they were confused and want to confirm.

If your  estranged husband is a US citizen you can go ahead and file  i485 along with i765 and get your work permit while you wait for Vawa approval. If he is not a US citizen you have to wait until after approval before you can file i485 & i765.

2 minutes ago, #Godgotthis said:

If your  estranged husband is a US citizen you can go ahead and file  i485 along with i765 and get your work permit while you wait for Vawa approval. If he is not a US citizen you have to wait until after approval before you can file i485 & i765.

Thank you for your response, yes he is a USC under what category should I file  the i-765 and do I have to pay the fee for both of them?  And where should I send them couldn’t find anything helping on how to do it online!

2 hours ago, AIDA88 said:

Thank you for your response, yes he is a USC under what category should I file  the i-765 and do I have to pay the fee for both of them?  And where should I send them couldn’t find anything helping on how to do it online!

File under category C09. Yes there is a fee but you can request a fee waiver by filling out form I-912.

mail to Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden St

St. Alabama, VT 05479-0001 

Just now, #Godgotthis said:

File under category C09. Yes there is a fee but you can request a fee waiver by filling out form I-912.

mail to Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden St

St. Alabama, VT 05479-0001 

Include a copy of your i360  receipt and two passport size photographs. 

Hi Guys It's been a while. I hope your having a great day. Congratulations to those who are approved of Vawa.

August 2017 Filer here still waiting. Any of you guys use AP-Advance Parole for travel can you share your experience. 

I will travel soon for my work. 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

hello guys, i was wondering if we can apply for advance parole while waiting for i360 approval? Is it even possible i saw a few people saying they will use advance parole but haven't got approved yet.  How did you applied for AP?

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
40 minutes ago, CASTIEL said:

Hi Guys It's been a while. I hope your having a great day. Congratulations to those who are approved of Vawa.

August 2017 Filer here still waiting. Any of you guys use AP-Advance Parole for travel can you share your experience. 

I will travel soon for my work. 

how did you even get your ap without the i360 approved. i was wondering if its possible to do ap with vawa?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.