3,014 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Military said:

Hopefully, other persons in a similar position will have the same result. I filed VAWA in Feb of 2017, received no RFE, status remained the same until June of 2018 when I received an update that they ordered a new card. I subsequently received a new EAD card under category 31 (which I never applied for)  today (about 10 days later) I received an email/text that my case status has been updated. I logged on with bated breath wondering what I would have seen: I saw the following: 

my_logo.png

Case Was Approved

On June 25, 2018, we approved your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant, Receipt Number EAC************. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I am soooooo elated right now!  This forum and the experiences of members kept me going during the long wait. Thank you, guys!

Congratulations! Omg so happy to see people from here already been approved after so long :)

3 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Please someone to clarify this question:
I have been asked for an RFE of Good Moral Character ("NO CRIMINAL RECORDS") and I would like to know if instead of looking for the letter of the police of ("NOT CRIMINAL RECORDS") I can look for the Footprints of the FBI, since I am living in different state where I lived before, I am very far from the police precinct where I lived with my husband.
Someone please tell me if you can substitute the letter of the police of No Criminal Records for the Footprints of the FBI, if the USCIS accepts the FBI or it necessarily has to be the precinct where I lived previously.
Thank you!

What I know is that the FBI one is to prove you have not committed any crimes in the state you are applying to, whereas the police clearance is specifically to the place you are asking the records. So, it would definitely help to have the fbi, but its more expensive is like 45 and for the police clearance maximum is 10. However, since you lived in the other place too, you have to give records you have not committed anything in that place, I think they ask records, for each place you have live for the past 3 years , previously applying for vawa. Hope that helps :)

3 hours ago, Valerie899 said:

Hello everyone !! So I recently applied to a fee waiver for the forms I-485 and I-765, since I only applied for the form I-360 I didnt know there was a fee waiver for those two applicantions. So I decided to do it, since I cant afford to pay them, :)and thank God today I received a letter that my form I-485 was waived. However,  I did not receive one for the form I-765....   does that mean they didnt waived that application or what does it mean :( any answer would be appreciated, I’m lost. 

Well I also realized that since I filled all my papers to the Vermont Service Center, does that mean they didnt validate the form I-765 :huh:  Im so confused 

On 6/20/2018 at 7:10 AM, Ziongirl said:

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing good and praying for responses from uscis, now am requesting anyone from Massachusetts, how did you get you good moral character from here I have been trying but I can't happen to get, I did not attach it on my application so I have a feeling I will get and rfe needing it, and also people from new jersey. Thanks all

I did one from RI. I had to go to the General Attorneys office so could be the same in MA and NJ

3 hours ago, Valerie899 said:

What I know is that the FBI one is to prove you have not committed any crimes in the state you are applying to, whereas the police clearance is specifically to the place you are asking the records. So, it would definitely help to have the fbi, but its more expensive is like 45 and for the police clearance maximum is 10. However, since you lived in the other place too, you have to give records you have not committed anything in that place, I think they ask records, for each place you have live for the past 3 years , previously applying for vawa. Hope that helps :)

Thank you very much!

7 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Please someone to clarify this question:
I have been asked for an RFE of Good Moral Character ("NO CRIMINAL RECORDS") and I would like to know if instead of looking for the letter of the police of ("NOT CRIMINAL RECORDS") I can look for the Footprints of the FBI, since I am living in different state where I lived before, I am very far from the police precinct where I lived with my husband.
Someone please tell me if you can substitute the letter of the police of No Criminal Records for the Footprints of the FBI, if the USCIS accepts the FBI or it necessarily has to be the precinct where I lived previously.
Thank you!

You can't get footprints. You need fingerprints from the FBI. Most states send you the checks. I got Alaska and Texas sent through the mail. Had to get fingerprints done for Texas but Alaska didn't require that. They'll email you the form or you go to a specific site. Depends what state you need. FBI take a while. State checks tend to be faster. But you can use the FBI. They overrule everyone

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I want to add my note of pleasure about all the approvals.  I read every post in this thread, and although I don't comment much, rest assured that I'm thrilled to read the positive reports and I'm rooting hard for you if you're still waiting.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

8 hours ago, MJM2001 said:

You can't get footprints. You need fingerprints from the FBI. Most states send you the checks. I got Alaska and Texas sent through the mail. Had to get fingerprints done for Texas but Alaska didn't require that. They'll email you the form or you go to a specific site. Depends what state you need. FBI take a while. State checks tend to be faster. But you can use the FBI. They overrule everyone

I was like “footprints”? Like the fbi would be like “ put your foot in here” the phalanges first please. We need to take this footprints to check if you commited any crime.  Lol😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Goyo

8 hours ago, MJM2001 said:

How long does the FBI take to deliver the report? I am worried that it is greater than the time they give me to respond to the RFE.
Somebody told me that there are other institutions that provide a report of fingerprints that are not from the FBI, I do not know if they would be reliable ...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

How long does the FBI take to deliver the report? I am worried that it is greater than the time they give me to respond to the RFE.
Somebody told me that there are other institutions that provide a report of fingerprints that are not from the FBI, I do not know if they would be reliable ...

they did mine in 2 days

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Hello,
Can you tell me how you did to get the FBI report in 2 days please?

I do not know how to do it....

Thank you..

search on google live scan locations where u live and goto that location its very simple

Just now, rza said:

search on google live scan locations where u live and goto that location its very simple

or goto certifix live scan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.