3,014 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Military said:

I think you meant you won't be able to get any form of "grant" which is correct but you'd be eligible for the Financial Aid in the form of Direct Grad and/or Direct Sub/Unsub

I don’t consider “ plus loan” a financial aid. Aid= help. Loan = debt debt debt lol. For plus loan you can borrow up to 20,000 and the other type I am not sure . You need to have good credit for one of those loans. So I am not sure if you are going to get any type of loan with a work permit so you need to speak with a financial aid advisor. “Just a recommendation”

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, Cindygodisgood1 said:

I am not a lawyer or anything but I think u do have enough to prove abuse as long as u sent what uscis requests u should be fine I was a November 2016 filer n I got approved june 8th 2018 took 19 months for my vawa to be approved now I'm on deferred action for 15 months still have a while to get an interview I believe!! 

You should be fine to prove abuse.I have cases approved that I filed in March and April 2017.

Got my first prima facie today :) which ironically comes to be my birthday,  and it says my prima facie is valid for one year. Which expires June 18, 2019, also says that a decision is not expected on my case  before the end of one year period, but that if I have received nothing by that time regarding my case, they would automatically give me an extension within 60 days of the ending date. This was a surprise to me, didn’ t expect to receive this day. Very exciting :jest:

50 minutes ago, Valerie899 said:

Got my first prima facie today :) which ironically comes to be my birthday,  and it says my prima facie is valid for one year. Which expires June 18, 2019, also says that a decision is not expected on my case  before the end of one year period, but that if I have received nothing by that time regarding my case, they would automatically give me an extension within 60 days of the ending date. This was a surprise to me, didn’ t expect to receive this day. Very exciting :jest:

Congrats!! That is a big accomplishment. Even though, a Prima Facie doesn't mean a case will be approve it does grant a protection. Best of luck for you!!

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
5 hours ago, sandranj said:

You should be fine to prove abuse.I have cases approved that I filed in March and April 2017.

Woow congratulations Sandra your cases are really good always having approvals on time 

Filed: Other Timeline
5 hours ago, sandranj said:

@sandranj

Hoping and praying to hear something.

Filed in February 2017. Have no idea what's going on at the moment about the i360, still shows as response to request for evidence was received on my case status. I only had two emails about my i485 on when an action was taken on my case which was May 22,2018, which still shows: 

At this time USCIS cannot provide you information on your case. Please contact the USCIS contact center at 1-800-375-5283 for additional information.

2 hours ago, Valerie899 said:

Congratulations, when did you file?

11 minutes ago, Allrounder said:

Congratulations, when did you file?

Thank you, uscis received my case may 1,2018 so only like 2 months have already pased from my vawa filling date , but I have not receive rfe’s or anything which is a good thing. I submitted vawa based on physical and mental abuse. I hope everything goes well ^_^

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
15 hours ago, Hopemama said:

Glad to hear that things are still moving. Do you have any case recieved c31 ead prior to approval notice like some of VJ members, Sandranj?

today marks 30 days since uscis received my rfe response and still nothing :(

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 minutes ago, rza said:

today marks 30 days since uscis received my rfe response and still nothing :(

Did your RFE give you a timescale for adjudication? My RFE stated that they would adjudicate within 60 days from the date they receive the response to my RFE, its been 25 days.

Timeline
Just now, Willow81 said:

Did your RFE give you a timescale for adjudication? My RFE stated that they would adjudicate within 60 days from the date they receive the response to my RFE, its been 25 days.

yea they said 60 days on mine too

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, rza said:

yea they said 60 days on mine too

Ok so we still have roughly a month of waiting left. Hopefully they follow through with the 60 days timescale.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Willow81 said:

Ok so we still have roughly a month of waiting left. Hopefully they follow through with the 60 days timescale.

thats  what i hope too

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.