3,014 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

People who do not receive Prima Facie receive the "BLUE PAPER"?

Thanks for your help!

No, the blue paper comes along with the first prima facie letter. If you haven’t received PF up until around 3 months after submitting VAWA, you may send USCIS a letter requesting prima facie. 

Hi all .. 

i sent my vawa application along with employment authorization ., advance parole and green card application 2/20/2018

got EAD combo cards  3 weeks ago 

but uptill now i didn’t receive prima facie .. is that normal ? 

Thanks all

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Fishy89 said:

Hi all .. 

i sent my vawa application along with employment authorization ., advance parole and green card application 2/20/2018

got EAD combo cards  3 weeks ago 

but uptill now i didn’t receive prima facie .. is that normal ? 

Thanks all

Hello Guys i received this email on June 5th i guess they working on my case and will lead to an approval.

Thanks God.

Department of Homeland Security seal

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on May 22, 2018.

1 hour ago, iwillsurvive said:

No, the blue paper comes along with the first prima facie letter. If you haven’t received PF up until around 3 months after submitting VAWA, you may send USCIS a letter requesting prima facie. 

In case USCIS does not send me Prima Facie, but they ask me for some additional information or evidence, can I take the opportunity to send other evidence along with the information they are requesting?

Thank you very much for the information!

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

In case USCIS does not send me Prima Facie, but they ask me for some additional information or evidence, can I take the opportunity to send other evidence along with the information they are requesting?

I think you just need to respond to their specific RFE in case they send you one.

Supposed they asked you for Good Moral, you can't respond to them with evidence of good moral along with evidence of abuse and bonafide.

8 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

USCIS will ask you what they think is missing in order for them to approve the case. Just send them what they ask for. 

For example, I didn’t have a police report or a psychological evaluation when I submitted VAWA and I had gotten an evaluation and prepared myself to submit evidence along those lines. But they never asked for it and only sent me an RFE for good moral character asking me to submit police clearance from a specific country I had lived in. So don’t worry, just submit what they ask for. I know it is a long process and there are so many things while waiting that you will think of you could have submitted. At the end of the day, USCIS will tell you if anything is missing. You just have to be patient and trust the process. 

40 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

USCIS will ask you what they think is missing in order for them to approve the case. Just send them what they ask for. 

For example, I didn’t have a police report or a psychological evaluation when I submitted VAWA and I had gotten an evaluation and prepared myself to submit evidence along those lines. But they never asked for it and only sent me an RFE for good moral character asking me to submit police clearance from a specific country I had lived in. So don’t worry, just submit what they ask for. I know it is a long process and there are so many things while waiting that you will think of you could have submitted. At the end of the day, USCIS will tell you if anything is missing. You just have to be patient and trust the process. 

Thanks Iwillsurvive answer,
What kind of evidence did you present to USCCIS when you sent your case? Did you only submit the affidavit?
I understood that, if a case is not submitted for physical abuse, then a psychological evaluation was mandatory.
Thanks for your help and guidance !!

10 hours ago, Roms2017 said:

Hello Guys i received this email on June 5th i guess they working on my case and will lead to an approval.

Thanks God.

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on May 22, 2018.

It's a routine inactivity alert we get every 2-3 wks. There is no status change but it sometimes provides a vague idea on when your file is getting reviewed but nothing major is going on.

Timeline: 

May 2016 retained an attorney and started to prepare my VAWA petition. 

11/08/2016 mailed my packet

11/28/2016 USCIS rejected my packet (expired forms) :(((  

11/29/2016 Mailed my packet again Via ExpressMail (I-360, I-485, I-864w, I-765, I-912, G-325A) with previous rejection notice on top & a request to expedite EAD

12/14/2016 Date on the NOA  

12/31/2016 Attorney emailed my Prima Facie (Notice date 12/19/2018)   (180 days)

01/14/2017 Mailed my husband’s birth certificate with the blue receipt that came with my Prima Facie

01/17/2018 I-360 online Update (correspondence received)

12/25/2016 Notice for Biometrics

01/12/2017 Biometrics completed

01/31/2017 EAD update (Ordered my new card)

02/04/2017 My first EAD delivered.

02/06/2017 Picked my EAD & applied for SSN

02/14/2017 Applied for state ID

02/15/2017 Applied for Medicaid

06/03/2017 Received my Prima Facie (180 days)

10/22/2017 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912) and request to extend PF

11/21/2017 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

12/13/2017 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

03/08/2018 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

05/03/2018 Received my 5th Prima Facie (180 days)

05/08/2018   VAWA approved (online Update)

05/14/2018  Case moved to NBC 

05/15/2018 Approval notice & Deferred Action delivered 

07/26/2018 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912)

09/05/2018 update (ِِAfter responding to the senator's inquiry USCIS stated my file was mailed 08/14/2018 and received by NYC field office 08/23/2018) 

9/22/2018 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

10/24/2018  Attorney emailed my interview notice

11/05/2018 Completed the medical (I-693)

11/08/2018  interview for I-485    (took I-693, W2 & Employment verification letter)     Details in this link https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679733-vawa-part-11/?page=173&tab=comments#comment-9464423

11/16/2018 Received my GC

08/10/2021 Submitted form N-400 Online and received the receipt notice

08/18/2021 Received notice for biometric reuse

01/18/2022 Notice of interview

02/15/2022 Interview for N-400 and test 

02/22/2022 N-400 approved

02/23/2022 Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

03/17/2022 Oath Ceremony

Timeline
2 minutes ago, gramercy said:

It's a routine inactivity alert we get every 2-3 wks. There is no status change but it sometimes provides a vague idea on when your file is getting reviewed but nothing major is going on.

Okay thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, Roms2017 said:

Thanks God.

When did you file your i 360?

12 hours ago, Roms2017 said:

Thanks God.

I got this alert yesterday and then later the status changed to "we ordered your new card" I did some research on the card production for persons who have received EAD under C31 even without applying or even before they have received approval for form I360. I found the following:

"Form I 360 nowadays has a question 12: if an applicant would like to receive an employment authorization incident to the approval of I 360 form. If an applicant checks this box, then he/she would receive an employment authorization after the approval of I 360 form automatically, without filing I 765 form, under c(31) eligibility category."

I checked and saw on form I360 that question 12 under section 10 has the EAD question, could it, therefore, mean that persons receiving EAD under C31 have been approved and likely will receive that formal approval soon? The new DHS site currently shows the following for the status of my I360. :unsure:

June 13, 2018

We are producing your card and will mail it to you

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will mail your Green Card, employment authorization document (EAD), or combo card (EAD and advance parole) to the address you gave us. It may take up to 120 days to deliver your new card.

If your mailing address changes, update your address with us.

Edited by Military

On 6/12/2018 at 3:22 PM, Ms.Green said:

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know, that after having my VAWA approved on the 20th of December 2017, I am going to my AOS interview tomorrow at Santa Ana California.

The documents I am taking to the interview:

* Passport

* Birth Certificate

* Certified Birth Certificate translation

* New Medical exam

* Marriage Certificate & copies

* Divorce Certificate & copies

* I-94 records

* 2017 taxes and pay-stubs

* VAWA approval

* Interview letter

* My old and new EAD's

BRINGING COPIES OF EACH DOCUMENT

I am for sure forgetting something, but I will post a follow up after the interview.

Also, my now ex husband has been sentenced to 6 years in prison back in April. 

I wish everyone best of luck on your journeys and will keep you posted as always!

As promised, update on my interview:

* Got there about 30 minutes before my appointment time.

* Went through the security check with my passport and appointment letter.

* Followed directions on the letter to get to the actual interview waiting room.

* Waited about an hour past my interview time to be called in.

* Got called in and followed the officer to an office room.

* Gave my Passport and Drivers License.

* Was sworn in.

* Signed a waiver that I agree to be interviewed without my attorney present.

* Handed my original birth certificate and notarized translation.

* Was asked my first and last name. Spelled it out (it's a difficult name). Gave my date of birth. Was asked if I am still married. I said no. She asked if I have my divorce decree. Handed a copy of the decree. The officer updated my address and went on to ask the I485 form questions.

* Answered no to all questions except one about ever receiving government assistance. Answered "yes" to that since I was receiving food stamps and cash aid before I got my EAD. I went on to explain that after receiving my EAD I have stopped receiving cash aid and presented the officer with my pay-stubs and taxes. 

* After that the officer went on the computer and started typing, reading and counting something.

* I was handed a continuation letter that said that my case is being reviewed, no action required on my part and I will be notified if anything else is needed.

The officer was very professional. No questions about my marriage or my ex husband. After handing me the Continuation letter she did explain that my biometrics had expired on June 1st and I might need to redo that.

About an hour after that my case status online changed to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed". 

Feelings after the interview? I don't know. I feel strange and confused. Worried and anxious. I really can't blame anyone or be mad at anyone that I did not get approved on the spot. I did not lie or hide anything, was honest and composed, that is all I can really say. The only thing I know for a fact I am very ready for this to be over. After the interview I started looking into the deportation process and thinking of the steps I would need to take if that is the case at the end (I have pets left after my marriage, I would like to take them home with me in the case of deportation). And I guess I'm waiting again.

I hope you guys are holding up well and I will be updating you as always. I can't believe I've been here for 3 VAWA threads now :)

I-360 filed - 10/21/2016

I-360 Prima Facie - 11/07/2016

I-485 filed - 12/06/2016

I-765 filed - 12/06/2016

3 minutes ago, Ms.Green said:

As promised, update on my interview:

* Got there about 30 minutes before my appointment time.

* Went through the security check with my passport and appointment letter.

* Followed directions on the letter to get to the actual interview waiting room.

* Waited about an hour past my interview time to be called in.

* Got called in and followed the officer to an office room.

* Gave my Passport and Drivers License.

* Was sworn in.

* Signed a waiver that I agree to be interviewed without my attorney present.

* Handed my original birth certificate and notarized translation.

* Was asked my first and last name. Spelled it out (it's a difficult name). Gave my date of birth. Was asked if I am still married. I said no. She asked if I have my divorce decree. Handed a copy of the decree. The officer updated my address and went on to ask the I485 form questions.

* Answered no to all questions except one about ever receiving government assistance. Answered "yes" to that since I was receiving food stamps and cash aid before I got my EAD. I went on to explain that after receiving my EAD I have stopped receiving cash aid and presented the officer with my pay-stubs and taxes. 

* After that the officer went on the computer and started typing, reading and counting something.

* I was handed a continuation letter that said that my case is being reviewed, no action required on my part and I will be notified if anything else is needed.

The officer was very professional. No questions about my marriage or my ex husband. After handing me the Continuation letter she did explain that my biometrics had expired on June 1st and I might need to redo that.

About an hour after that my case status online changed to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed". 

Feelings after the interview? I don't know. I feel strange and confused. Worried and anxious. I really can't blame anyone or be mad at anyone that I did not get approved on the spot. I did not lie or hide anything, was honest and composed, that is all I can really say. The only thing I know for a fact I am very ready for this to be over. After the interview I started looking into the deportation process and thinking of the steps I would need to take if that is the case at the end (I have pets left after my marriage, I would like to take them home with me in the case of deportation). And I guess I'm waiting again.

I hope you guys are holding up well and I will be updating you as always. I can't believe I've been here for 3 VAWA threads now :)

Congratulations, I am confident that everything is going to work out. I think the officer may need to get supervisor approval because you stated that you received public benefits. However, I think @sandraj  covered most public benefits that you can accept without running afoul of the USCIS "Public Charge" rule. 

"For purposes of determining inadmissibility, “public charge” means an individual who is likely to become primarily dependent on the government for subsistence, as demonstrated by either the receipt of public cash assistance for income maintenance or institutionalization for long-term care at government expense.

A number of factors must be considered when making a determination that a person is likely to become a public charge.

Under Section 212(a)(4) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), an individual seeking admission to the United States or seeking to adjust status to that of an individual lawfully admitted for permanent residence (green card) is inadmissible if the individual, "at the time of application for admission or adjustment of status, is likely at any time to become a public charge."

My interpretation is that it would apply at the time of admission, however, @sandraj would be in a better person to interpret it. Hold your head up and keep your fingers crossed, you have provided proof that you are working and that you just went through a rough patch which is not the case right now. 

14 minutes ago, Military said:

Congratulations, I am confident that everything is going to work out. I think the officer may need to get supervisor approval because you stated that you received public benefits. However, I think @sandraj  covered most public benefits that you can accept without running afoul of the USCIS "Public Charge" rule. 

"For purposes of determining inadmissibility, “public charge” means an individual who is likely to become primarily dependent on the government for subsistence, as demonstrated by either the receipt of public cash assistance for income maintenance or institutionalization for long-term care at government expense.

A number of factors must be considered when making a determination that a person is likely to become a public charge.

Under Section 212(a)(4) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), an individual seeking admission to the United States or seeking to adjust status to that of an individual lawfully admitted for permanent residence (green card) is inadmissible if the individual, "at the time of application for admission or adjustment of status, is likely at any time to become a public charge."

My interpretation is that it would apply at the time of admission, however, @sandraj would be in a better person to interpret it. Hold your head up and keep your fingers crossed, you have provided proof that you are working and that you just went through a rough patch which is not the case right now. 

Thank you for the positivity!

I-360 filed - 10/21/2016

I-360 Prima Facie - 11/07/2016

I-485 filed - 12/06/2016

I-765 filed - 12/06/2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.