3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

Received Prima Facie extension letter today, extended for only 180 days exp. December 2018.  Filed 8/2017

You filed in August 2017?

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know, that after having my VAWA approved on the 20th of December 2017, I am going to my AOS interview tomorrow at Santa Ana California.

The documents I am taking to the interview:

* Passport

* Birth Certificate

* Certified Birth Certificate translation

* New Medical exam

* Marriage Certificate & copies

* Divorce Certificate & copies

* I-94 records

* 2017 taxes and pay-stubs

* VAWA approval

* Interview letter

* My old and new EAD's

BRINGING COPIES OF EACH DOCUMENT

I am for sure forgetting something, but I will post a follow up after the interview.

Also, my now ex husband has been sentenced to 6 years in prison back in April. 

I wish everyone best of luck on your journeys and will keep you posted as always!

I-360 filed - 10/21/2016

I-360 Prima Facie - 11/07/2016

I-485 filed - 12/06/2016

I-765 filed - 12/06/2016

On 6/7/2018 at 10:43 AM, hope1303 said:

Thanks for your replying ! 

I don’t know if my kids and my names are placed on removal list yet . Could you please tell me how to check it ? Thanks so much   !

On 6/7/2018 at 1:57 PM, hope1303 said:

Thanks for your good idea !i will

try because I moved out from his home already two months , before I moved out of there , I went to office changed my address and asked them to forward my mails

,they said only do two weeks forward mails . I will go to ask if they can do it a little bit more . 

Do I have other way to have letter from immigration court ? I did sent ar-11 and called uscis to change it to my new address. But they did not update it yet . Now already denied all case . 

Is there other way I can go to Immigration court to check my letter or what I can do ? 

I real need good immigration attorney who is good at VAWA case and knows immigration laws as well.

Any recommendations please ! 

It would be good if find a good in the MN that way easy to talk in person and closer to local immigration offic .

Thanks so much tortmaster !

On 6/7/2018 at 2:32 PM, hope1303 said:

Thanks very much ! My immigration court ? Does that means the immigration court in my local right ? Wish I can find it out on the website ! Thanks so much ! 

On 6/9/2018 at 11:04 AM, Cindygodisgood1 said:

I had the same rfe and I just sent affidivits from friends and family my vawa was just approved yesterday 

On 6/10/2018 at 11:43 PM, Miracle28 said:

Same for me. Still hasn't received the new card and the notice expires end of September

On 6/11/2018 at 8:39 AM, Military said:

I am a Feb/March filer as well. One website shows late Feb 2017 and the other new site shows early March 2017. I am not even sure which one they will use. Hopefully, we will be getting some news soon. 

11 minutes ago, Ms.Green said:

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know, that after having my VAWA approved on the 20th of December 2017, I am going to my AOS interview tomorrow at Santa Ana California.

* Passport

* Birth Certificate

* New Medical exam

* I-94 records

* VAWA approval

* Interview letter

* My old and new EAD's

I am for sure forgetting something, but I will post a follow up after the interview.

I wish everyone best of luck on your journeys and will keep you posted as always!

Congrats on your interview, I'm sure everything will go perfectly. 

Can you share when your timeline?

4 minutes ago, Iceman1 said:

Congrats on your interview, I'm sure everything will go perfectly. 

Can you share when your timeline?

Thank you!

Sure:

October 2016     - Filed VAWA

December 2016 - Filed EAD (C09) and AOS

January 2017     - Received NOA's for EAD and AOS as well as Prima Facie for VAWA

February 2017    - Received EAD card and Biometrics Appointment (got my EAD without biometrics)

March 2017         - Did Biometrics

December 2017  - Filed my EAD renewal & received my VAWA approval

January 2018      - Received NOA for EAD and a letter stating that old EAD is still valid for 180 days

May 2018             - Received new EAD and Green Card interview letter

I-360 filed - 10/21/2016

I-360 Prima Facie - 11/07/2016

I-485 filed - 12/06/2016

I-765 filed - 12/06/2016

1 hour ago, Ms.Green said:

* Passport

* Birth Certificate

* New Medical exam

* I-94 records

* VAWA approval

* Interview letter

* My old and new EAD's

That is great to hear! The processing times in Santa Ana say 10+ months but you have your interview at only 6 months. Makes me hopeful! 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hopemama said:

I filed in sep2017. My second prima facie was180days. Expired in Sep 2018. Is your lastest prima your third ?

Everyones prima facie is not issued at the same time/month.  This is second

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

8 hours ago, NICOLA2017 said:

Hi everyone so I just checked the new website for Uscis and it stated my I360 was received may 8 2017.....but the old site said received April 21 2017....why would they change the receipt date? Did anyone else notice that change ? 

Yea I posted about it earlier, the filing date should be the one on the first site which is generally the same date that's on the i797 

3 hours ago, Ms.Green said:

* Passport

* Birth Certificate

* New Medical exam

* I-94 records

* VAWA approval

* Interview letter

* My old and new EAD's

Good luck! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
1 hour ago, SssMay said:

Good luck! 

Hello guys

I would like to get my divorce done but i am scarde to go court because of ICE presence there.

Is any way i can do the divorce without showing up in court?

My vawa still pending since feb 2017

Any answer will be appreciated

Can I submit all VAWA forms without supporting documents? I'm still working on obtaining all evidence, but I'm desperate to return to work as my EAD has expired and my employer terminated my employment.

I have all forms, personal declaration, proof of marriage to a US citizen spouse, tax papers and Police Clearance filled out and ready to go!

Is RFE a bad thing? I need some more time to gather the bills, visit family members to get more photos (he took and deleted everything), and receive bills/our joint insurance, etc.

Have anyone done it this way??

Edited by Double

1 hour ago, Double said:

Can I submit all VAWA forms without supporting documents? I'm still working on obtaining all evidence, but I'm desperate to return to work as my EAD has expired and my employer terminated my employment.

I have all forms, personal declaration, proof of marriage to a US citizen spouse, tax papers and Police Clearance filled out and ready to go!

Is RFE a bad thing? I need some more time to gather the bills, visit family members to get more photos (he took and deleted everything), and receive bills/our joint insurance, etc.

Have anyone done it this way??

Do you have the most important evidence which is about the abuse that you suffered? 

7 hours ago, Military said:

Yea I posted about it earlier, the filing date should be the one on the first site which is generally the same date that's on the i797 

Hey....ok thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.