3,014 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, nap_o said:

Hi All, 

Congrats to everybody who got approvals/Uscis responses in your cases!

I requested a Prima Facie  extension (2nd prima facie)  back in January. They sent it to my lawyer(who no longer represents me) his office only sent me a scan and it is just a letter from USCIS, it is not the same as the first prima facie, was yours the same?

Btw, I am an August 2017 petioner

.image.thumb.png.a8423e3e125d59c1d1db047a96b5e099.png

When did you receive this from your lawyer? My expired  in February. I sent in the request for renewal in January. Haven’t received anything as of now😏

**It looks legit to me.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
9 hours ago, sunkissed1 said:

When did you receive this from your lawyer? My expired  in February. I sent in the request for renewal in January. Haven’t received anything as of now😏

**It looks legit to me.

It was sent march 7th and lawyer only sent it to me 5/31/2018 :angry: He is in Texas and I moved to Florida. My friend had to go personally to his office and ask him to look for any of my letters  he received.

That lawyer, does not represent me anymore but he still gets all my letters from USCIS. He has no idea what he is doing or what VAWA is exactly. This notice was generated automatically, though I had sent a notarized letter to them prior at the beginning of Jan. 

I would recommend you to do an infopass and ask if they ever sent you the PF extension.  I went to infopass here in Miami field office because I want to file for EAD renewal, first I had to find out if they did send  a PF extension and they were very helpful. Now I am about to file EAD renewal. 

Edited by nap_o

Hi. Just to let you all know. I just got another email from an old EAD when I was married. It said it was delivered May 2017 which was correct. I don't know what these people are doing. 

37 minutes ago, nap_o said:

It was sent march 7th and lawyer only sent it to me 5/31/2018 :angry: He is in Texas and I moved to Florida. My friend had to go personally to his office and ask him to look for any of my letters  he received.

That lawyer, does not represent me anymore but he still gets all my letters from USCIS. He has no idea what he is doing or what VAWA is exactly. This notice was generated automatically, though I had sent a notarized letter to them prior at the beginning of Jan. 

I would recommend you to do an infopass and ask if they ever sent you the PF extension.  I went to infopass here in Miami field office because I want to file for EAD renewal, first I had to find out if they did send  a PF extension and they were very helpful. Now I am about to file EAD renewal. 

I did an info pass but they were not helpful 😏 the lady said she didn’t even know the Prima facie had to be renewed 🤦🏾‍♀️

Ive repeatedly, called the lawyers office n they claim, they haven’t received anything.😢 I just sent another letter to Vermont.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 minute ago, sunkissed1 said:

I did an info pass but they were not helpful 😏 the lady said she didn’t even know the Prima facie had to be renewed 🤦🏾‍♀️

Ive repeatedly, called the lawyers office n they claim, they haven’t received anything.😢 I just sent another letter to Vermont.

Uscis might have sent it to the wrong address, it's very frustrating because you cannot see when they send it online. Good luck getting it this time!

Hello collaborators,
Someone can explain to me why USCIS today sent me an email saying that they sent me a work permit, but although the mail is dated today, the work permit is with respect to the previous year, since that case (I -485) was denied previously.
important to tell them that they supposedly tried to deliver me the letter where they informed me that the case corresponds to I-130 and I-485 was denied and the interview canceled but that the postal mail can not deliver it to my address and returns the letters.
Someone to help me and tell me why this happens please, thank you ...

Edited by Florecita_Bella

42 minutes ago, MJM2001 said:

Hi. Just to let you all know. I just got another email from an old EAD when I was married. It said it was delivered May 2017 which was correct. I don't know what these people are doing. 

I received this email too. Email said that my old EAD card was delivered on Aug 2017. So funny.

59 minutes ago, SssMay said:

I received this email too. Email said that my old EAD card was delivered on Aug 2017. So funny.

I wonder if along with the email sent by USCIS informing about a work permit that had previously sent apparently by mistake, it also sends a Spyware (virus) file that detects the IP address of the person who opened (received) the email, way they can know where the person is located regarding the case that was previously closed and in that way be able to locate or track it through ICE. :(

Filed: Other Timeline
12 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

I wonder if along with the email sent by USCIS informing about a work permit that had previously sent apparently by mistake, it also sends a Spyware (virus) file that detects the IP address of the person who opened (received) the email, way they can know where the person is located regarding the case that was previously closed and in that way be able to locate or track it through ICE. :(

Technically, it can be done.  Usually by requesting a read receipt (It would come up as a prompt asking if you want to send a read receipt.) or, by sending an embedded image.  I won't get into the details on how it's done, but if you are worried just go to your email settings and change your preferences so that images are not displayed in your emails.

I did check the USCIS emails they send out, and the only image that is sent in the email is the logo, the direct link to the logo is: https://s3.amazonaws.com/myuscis-nonprod-portal-images/email/USCIS_logo_email.png  and looking at the page source there isn't anything that is tracking the image, so it is unlikely they are using emails to track anyone. 

Filed: Other Timeline
5 minutes ago, PEANUTBUTTER28 said:

I also got an email about my old ead saying that the post office delivered it May 2017. WTH. LOL

I think USCIS is either updating or fixed an issue with their online notification system, so it could be catching up on a backlog of unsent notifications.  Lol. 

7 minutes ago, MsVi2 said:

I think USCIS is either updating or fixed an issue with their online notification system, so it could be catching up on a backlog of unsent notifications.  Lol. 

That's what I thinking too.. As I also received update on EAD card that I had received from March 2017.. So weird what is going on with them. I am still waiting for update on my I-360 files from Dec 2016.. It's been 18mths now today. 

Edited by Shallovercome32

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Hi All,

Everybody is talking about email and text updates but I have not received any email or text update in regards to my case, even after providing my mobile phone number in the G form which specifically asks for it. Is this something I can contact USCIS for?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.