3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
3 hours ago, Goyo said:

Probably, you are not going to receive a text. You will receive your receipt within 30 days and after that seat back and enjoy the ride. LOL

If they are not going to send an email notification then what was the purpose of filing a G1145 form. I hope they send my receipt number fast. I just received update on my aos that i have been schedule for a green card interview. I have not notified my local USCIS about my vawa petition because i believe i am suppose to have a vawa receipt number before i can notify them. What should i do if i don't get my vawa receipt number before my aos interview day? My Vawa petition was received just a little over a week ago on May 18th, 2018

6 hours ago, Florecita_Bella said:

My abuser always threatened me that he was going to call USCIS to deceive that the marriage was a fraud, and I think he really did it when we separated. Then it means that they are going to deny me the case? I thought they listened to both parties before taking an accusation as true. please clarify this doubt .... thank you.

It doesn't mean they'll deny you. My ex did the same thing. My lawyer had to notify USCIS of the stuff he was doing. It doesn't mean anything. USCIS will not discuss VAWA with anyone. Don't worry. He can be as pathetic as he likes. It doesn't mean at all that you will be denied. 

2 hours ago, #Godgotthis said:

Gm yall. My i360 was approved yesterday!!! I didn't know what to do with myself! I did  psychological evaluation after filing vawa December 2016 with the intention to send it if they had asked. No rfe, no prima facie. It took exactly 17 months. 

Please be encourage family. Am praying for us all🙏 

Congratulations... 

2 hours ago, #Godgotthis said:

Gm yall. My i360 was approved yesterday!!! I didn't know what to do with myself! I did  psychological evaluation after filing vawa December 2016 with the intention to send it if they had asked. No rfe, no prima facie. It took exactly 17 months. 

Please be encourage family. Am praying for us all🙏 

Congratulations....good news

37 minutes ago, Kersac said:

If they are not going to send an email notification then what was the purpose of filing a G1145 form. I hope they send my receipt number fast. I just received update on my aos that i have been schedule for a green card interview. I have not notified my local USCIS about my vawa petition because i believe i am suppose to have a vawa receipt number before i can notify them. What should i do if i don't get my vawa receipt number before my aos interview day? My Vawa petition was received just a little over a week ago on May 18th, 2018

Uscis is messy. They probably will be able to check in their system. But like I said you should receive your receipts within 30 days. When is your interview? Attend the interview and inform them about your vawa package. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
4 hours ago, Goyo said:

Uscis is messy. They probably will be able to check in their system. But like I said you should receive your receipts within 30 days. When is your interview? Attend the interview and inform them about your vawa package. 

I don't know the interview date yet. But i had an update online stating that i have been schedule for an interview and that i should expect a mail. It also says if i don't receive the mail by June 29th, 2018 i should click on a link that is provided. Thank you for your advise. I will keep my hands crossed and pray that i receive my receipt number for vawa before the interview.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 hours ago, Kersac said:

You must attend the interview and show them the Post Office receipt and explain that you filed VAWA but you did not get the VAWA receipt yet and ask to put your AOS on hold until final adjudication of your VAWA petition.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/29/2018 at 12:37 AM, Naperi said:

Iknow when it comes to that situation where the abuser said the marriedge was  fraud then uscis will deny the case.. But in her case we are assuming. We are not sure if the abuser said something.  to uscis or no..thats why am encouraging her not to give up.. If abuser did not said anything may be there is something that is making uscis to take that kind of long time..this journey is stressing and long idont. Want to speak something disappointing ..am also in the same boat waiting..remember we here just helping one another some information are true some are not true

USCIS does not take into consideration the bs written by the abuser, then the delay has nothing to do with the abuser.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
26 minutes ago, sandranj said:

ROMS2017 regarding your question about the background check, it means that USCIS is waiting for your "name check” from the FBI.

Thank you Sandranj God Bless you

56 minutes ago, sandranj said:

USCIS does not take into consideration the bs written by the abuser, then the delay has nothing to do with the abuser.

Sandra ihave aquestion ,, ihave recieved email from uscis it says uscis has taken an action on my case.. But  my abusers petition on line it says we have finalised your case and we will be scheduling for interview.so idont understand..which is which?? Have they decided to deny my case now? Even though they are saying they have finalised my case and they will be scheduling for interview .can. they still send denial letter?but also on the same website i icheck my vawa case.. But am not sure if they are talking about vawa case or the other case with my abuser? But my vawa ijust filed  in february 2018....but iwill keep posted once iget aletter of the action they have taken ... before,,, ifiled vawa in November 2017 I got aletter from uscis telling my husband to find another sponser.. He dint respond to that ,, becouse by then we were arleady seperated ..and recently uscis send me work authorisation.  Ijust want to know what is happening,, and if they denie my abuser petition what will happen to my work authorisation? Becouse ijust got it on 5th may... Your ideas will help. Thanx

Edited by Naperi

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I have a question; on Nov 2016 they put a hold on my i485 and transferred it to a different office because of my pending VAWA 

Feb 2018 - VAWA approved 

May 2018 - I sent on online inquiry re my i485

May 2018 - I got response in the mail regarding my inquiry and the response was from my local office that my case is still being reviewed. Does that mean that my case is in my local office? I thought when they put a hold in it they sent it back to Vermont. 

5 minutes ago, PEANUTBUTTER28 said:

I have a question; on Nov 2016 they put a hold on my i485 and transferred it to a different office because of my pending VAWA 

Feb 2018 - VAWA approved 

May 2018 - I sent on online inquiry re my i485

May 2018 - I got response in the mail regarding my inquiry and the response was from my local office that my case is still being reviewed. Does that mean that my case is in my local office? I thought when they put a hold in it they sent it back to Vermont. 

When it gets put on hold, they just hold it where it was (NBC or local office). There is no need for them to transfer it to Vermont because they don’t have jurisdiction over your I-485. If it is at your local office, look at processing times for your local office and use your VAWA approval date for time reference. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.