3,014 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Kersac said:

Applying for a new EAD through Vawa means i have to wait until my vawa application is approved before i will get a work permit. That option is not feasible for me now. I need to work now. Thats why i said i came across prima fascie and i am confused how it works. I already sent in a renewal application 2 days and i dont have prima fascie. Did i do the right thing? 

You sent a renewal based on what? Pending I485 from previous I30? Is your husband citizen or GC holder? The prima facie does not have anything to do with applying for EAD. A Prima facie is just a letter stating that you might qualify for some public assistance

8 hours ago, Kersac said:

Hi everyone, I have some questions that I need help with. My EAD expired last month. I did not bother much about renewal because my mind was focused on putting my evidence together for my vawa case. i finally filed my vawa case and it was received on may 18, 2018. I received a 797c receipt notice with my vawa receipt number 2 weeks ago. I went ahead to book an infopass to go and inform uscis that i have filed vawa and i have a reciept number and all. my info pass is on friday June 22nd 2018 which is 3 days away. I also sent in an application for renewal of my EAD yesterday and from my tracking it was delivered today.

Now that i have been reading about prima fascie. i am confused. my question is

1) Was i suppose to get a prima fascie before applying for renewal of my EAD?

2) If the answer to the first question above is yes, then what is the procedure of requesting for a prima fascie and what other advice would you give me going forward? Thank you all for your responses as i await them.

Some people never get a prima facie. Don't worry about that

I just got Receipt for my work permit renewal. They also sent me a letter saying they will use the old bio metrics so there will not be an appointment for that. They also gave me the 180 day extension.  I'm so happy they accepted the form, since I did it by myself I was a bit concern. I sent it on May 17th for next day delivery. They received it on the 18th and got the notice yesterday dated June 1st.  

4 hours ago, Kersac said:

Applying for a new EAD through Vawa means i have to wait until my vawa application is approved before i will get a work permit. That option is not feasible for me now. I need to work now. Thats why i said i came across prima fascie and i am confused how it works. I already sent in a renewal application 2 days and i dont have prima fascie. Did i do the right thing? 

File 

4 hours ago, Ziongirl said:

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing good and praying for responses from uscis, now am requesting anyone from Massachusetts, how did you get you good moral character from here I have been trying but I can't happen to get, I did not attach it on my application so I have a feeling I will get and rfe needing it, and also people from new jersey. Thanks all

I did RI and went to the General Attorneys station. FBI checks overrule them all but the wait is longer

1 minute ago, MJM2001 said:

I did RI and went to the General Attorneys station. FBI checks overrule them all but the wait is longer

Might be Attorney general 😂😂

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 hours ago, aquila said:

Thanks for your response to that but whenever I check my case status online for both i485 & i360, there's nothing showing or it's been updated. Is it okay for that to happen?

It will let you know on the date following when the last time they updated your application.  It is just a system that they put in place because people complained about applying and then not hearing anything until their application has been approved or they receive a RFE.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Kersac said:

I think the confusion is from what visa application are you basing your EAD with if you just filed for VAWA?  If it is based on the AOS filed with your abuser, then when that AOS is denied, then your EAD is null and void and you are not allowed to work.  Did you put that AOS on hold pending VAWA application?  Otherwise if initial AOS is denied you can refile it and refile for EAD based on new AOS application.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

So my i485 was approved last thursday, it updated that card is being ordered the same day. last sunday,  another update that theyve approved my case for i485...

how long does it take for me to get the card? Have they mailed the card? Or I need to wait for another update that they mailed the card? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, PEANUTBUTTER28 said:

So my i485 was approved last thursday, it updated that card is being ordered the same day. last sunday,  another update that theyve approved my case for i485...

how long does it take for me to get the card? Have they mailed the card? Or I need to wait for another update that they mailed the card? 

•  

COngrats, you will get a few more updates that include we mailed your card, and your card is in production, and the tracking number for your card.  Once you get those updates, it takes about 7-10 days to get it in the mail.  

On 6/14/2018 at 10:14 AM, Ms.Green said:

As promised, update on my interview:

* Got there about 30 minutes before my appointment time.

* Went through the security check with my passport and appointment letter.

* Followed directions on the letter to get to the actual interview waiting room.

* Waited about an hour past my interview time to be called in.

* Got called in and followed the officer to an office room.

* Gave my Passport and Drivers License.

* Was sworn in.

* Signed a waiver that I agree to be interviewed without my attorney present.

* Handed my original birth certificate and notarized translation.

* Was asked my first and last name. Spelled it out (it's a difficult name). Gave my date of birth. Was asked if I am still married. I said no. She asked if I have my divorce decree. Handed a copy of the decree. The officer updated my address and went on to ask the I485 form questions.

* Answered no to all questions except one about ever receiving government assistance. Answered "yes" to that since I was receiving food stamps and cash aid before I got my EAD. I went on to explain that after receiving my EAD I have stopped receiving cash aid and presented the officer with my pay-stubs and taxes. 

* After that the officer went on the computer and started typing, reading and counting something.

* I was handed a continuation letter that said that my case is being reviewed, no action required on my part and I will be notified if anything else is needed.

The officer was very professional. No questions about my marriage or my ex husband. After handing me the Continuation letter she did explain that my biometrics had expired on June 1st and I might need to redo that.

About an hour after that my case status online changed to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed". 

Feelings after the interview? I don't know. I feel strange and confused. Worried and anxious. I really can't blame anyone or be mad at anyone that I did not get approved on the spot. I did not lie or hide anything, was honest and composed, that is all I can really say. The only thing I know for a fact I am very ready for this to be over. After the interview I started looking into the deportation process and thinking of the steps I would need to take if that is the case at the end (I have pets left after my marriage, I would like to take them home with me in the case of deportation). And I guess I'm waiting again.

I hope you guys are holding up well and I will be updating you as always. I can't believe I've been here for 3 VAWA threads now :)

Just wanted to let you guys know, that I had received a notification this morning "New Card Is Being Produced". I was approved a week after my interview. I am so happy. I am officially a Legal Permanent Resident and will be spending Christmas with my family this year. 

I-360 filed - 10/21/2016

I-360 Prima Facie - 11/07/2016

I-485 filed - 12/06/2016

I-765 filed - 12/06/2016

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bolivia
Timeline
15 hours ago, Naperi said:

My vawa is not yet approved ,, ifiled in Feb 2018 .. But the on line status. Say on 06. 19 .2018 we will send you aletter to schedule an appointment ..so ihope this 19th is they send me aletter maybe . the letter will have adifferent date...but thank you sandra for your response.. So when iget aletter ihave to. Go for interview and explain to them that ifiled vawa??? Or can igo tomorrow. Infopass to let them know about vawa before they send aletter??

Hello I received a letter to appear in USCIS 5 days later, I was supposed to go with my spouse for the I-130 I consulted 2 attorneys and both gave me the same advice "Go by yourself and tell the USCIS officer that you want to apply for VAWA", I went by myself and told that to the officer, he was rude with me and tried to intimidate me saying that my spouse was not with me he will deny my i-485, after 45min sitting in the room he let me go and few days later I received a letter saying that I have 30 days to send him proof of have been filed I-360, by the due date I only have a copy of the USPS receipt "Priority Mail" and I sent them the Original to my local USCIS office with "Certified Mail" Like one of the attorneys adviced me(I did not have any Receipt or letter from Vermont about VAWA) and he put my I-485 on Hold.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Ms.Green said:

Just wanted to let you guys know, that I had received a notification this morning "New Card Is Being Produced". I was approved a week after my interview. I am so happy. I am officially a Legal Permanent Resident and will be spending Christmas with my family this year. 

Congratulations 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.