3,014 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Tony1912 said:

Please help! I have I-360, I-485 and I-765 filed concurrently. Vawa and I-485 are still pending. EAD has expired and I applied for renewal in October 2017. Since then I haven't heard anything from USCIS. My concern is: what category I should have chosen for EAD in this situation - C31 or C09?

C09 assuming your spouse is a us citizen. C31,is still fine but wont be approved until you vawa is approved.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
4 hours ago, Tony1912 said:

Please help! I have I-360, I-485 and I-765 filed concurrently. Vawa and I-485 are still pending. EAD has expired and I applied for renewal in October 2017. Since then I haven't heard anything from USCIS. My concern is: what category I should have chosen for EAD in this situation - C31 or C09?

Which cathegory did you choose?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, Ziongirl said:

I receive another email too that they are reviewing mine too, I wonder what's up

It has already been explained several times that when you activate an account with https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/, you will receive emails that state we are still reviewing your case.  It is NOT a USCIS glitch, and you will receive this email ALL the time while your applications are being adjudicated.    You will receive these emails for each case you added to your account such as 360, 485, 131, and 765.

Department of Homeland Security seal

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on June 5, 2018.

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, NiceGuyXLE said:

If i apply all at the same time 360,485 and 765, The process goes the same as for everybody and i also qualify for EAD ?

You can only apply for I-360 if your abuser is a LPR.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Roms2017 said:

Which cathegory did you choose?

I Received a 2nd message again at 8h00am today.

Department of Homeland Security seal

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on May 22, 2018.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Tony1912 said:

My lawyer chose C31, and that was probably a mistake. Although my original I-765 was C31 class requested, was approved, but the card was issued with C09. (doesn't make sense). So we sent renewal C31 9 months ago, and since then... nothing 

Yup it was mistake lot lawyer don't know about vawa

46 minutes ago, Tony1912 said:

Does anyone know how to change eligibility category in already submitted I-785 (I need to change it from class C31 to C09). Shall I just send a letter with the request to change the category, or I need to send a new i-765 application? 

You need to send a new I-765 application using the correct class and also write a letter/note with it explaining you are now re-filing in the correct class. Support it with all relevant evidence that should accompany 765 including all your receipt notices from VAWA, showing you have a pending 360 and 465

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 6/15/2018 at 7:38 PM, Allrounder said:

Greetings to you all, please has any one gone through this before? My initial i485 and i130 eas denied and my ead that i sent for renewal was denied as well,  so i file for vawa March 14 2018 and got the receipt notice, use the receipt notice to file for I 485 and I 765  April 25th 2018, May 20th the forms were sent back bc they need more information about my address history and work history. Filled the i formation and sennt it back May 28th 2018 up till now no receipt notice, is this normal, though my ead was denied i was still working using the 180 days automatic extention which will expire next week and i will leave the job. Do you think this is going to be an issue with USCIS because i continued working?   any idea please.

When your AOS was denied your EAD became null and void. If it will be an issue or not just the immigration officer can ask you this question.

Timeline
On 6/15/2018 at 8:07 PM, Naperi said:

Why should it be an issue with uscis since your ead is still valid for some days   to work. But when it expires then it will be aproblem

Once the AOS  is denied the EAD becomes null and void.

24 minutes ago, Goldenvessel said:

You need to send a new I-765 application using the correct class and also write a letter/note with it explaining you are now re-filing in the correct class. Support it with all relevant evidence that should accompany 765 including all your receipt notices from VAWA, showing you have a pending 360 and 465

Thank you! And shall I pay application fee again? Is there any free for fining I-765 (C09) for EAD renewal?

Edited by Tony1912

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tony1912 said:

Does anyone know how to change eligibility category in already submitted I-785 (I need to change it from class C31 to C09). Shall I just send a letter with the request to change the category, or I need to send a new i-765 application? 

You need to submit a new form I-765.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.