TBoneTX

September 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,058 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Little_Vixen said:

Uhm.  Not to spoil your fun. But please research going to hawaii as I'm pretty sure you'll have problems reentering U.S. mainland cause you'll be traveling over international waters and thus effectively leaving the U.S. after entering on a k1 visa.

Thought I'd clear this up for anyone reading this and freaking out over their honeymoon ;):

International waters do not play a role in this, fortunately. According to the Chicago Convention on International Civil Aviation of 1944 (which is still in-effect today) article 17, "Aircraft have the nationality of the State in which they are registered." That means that if you're boarding that flight on US soil, you're staying on US soil while up in the air, and landing on US soil in Hawaii (50th state and everything).

[insert American flag emoji]!

Edited by pizzaday

4 hours ago, Naes said:

Guys thank you for support but please don’t take me as whining as I don’t like doing that, really. I know there are people get stuck and I might as well be one.

but as I said I have high anxiety right now with everything going on in mylife and I’m trying to make my fiancé to withdraw the petition (please don’t talk about the logic behind this cause I am aware of illogicalness of the situation however I want to wake up without this whole process at least) so let’s just move on 

it’s ok :) 

Naes- If I could, I would’ve easily swapped some of my NOA2-days for your waiting days, and I know I’m not the only one.

I agree with your fiancé to not withdraw. At least not until you have another viable option that requires immeadiate withdrawal from the K1 process.

You’re maybe feeling emotionally far away from the NOA2 but statistically you’re getting closer and closer. In no way do I believe you’re not a positive person! Not from seeing your posts the last few months. I’m telling you to hang in there and I know you would’ve told me the same thing had the situation been the reverse. 

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
19 minutes ago, pizzaday said:

Thought I'd clear this up for anyone reading this and freaking out over their honeymoon ;):

International waters do not play a role in this, fortunately. According to the Chicago Convention on International Civil Aviation of 1944 (which is still in-effect today) article 17, "Aircraft have the nationality of the State in which they are registered." That means that if you're boarding that flight on US soil, you're staying on US soil while up in the air, and landing on US soil in Hawaii (50th state and everything).

Oh thank god haha we were also thinking about Hawaii or US Virgin Islands :)!

19 minutes ago, pizzaday said:

Thanks for this! Not sure if anyone watches 90 Day Fiance on TLC (yep! There's a reality show about the K1 visa... My favorite show these days lol) but a few of the couples go to Hawaii (one couple gets married there, husband is from Maryland and wife is from the Phillipines).. the 2nd couple go for their honeymoon (wife is from Brazil, husband from California). There are no restrictions to going there 💕🏖️ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello, I know someone here may be able to help me with this question. We received an RFE for evidence of divorce in Ukraine. My question is; is this the only thing that they need? Do they look through the whole petition and find all deficiencies at once or do they stop at that moment and when they receive our response continue only to maybe find another problem with another RFE? I hope its the former and everything else is sufficient except this one thing that we received the RFE on. If anyone has any knowledge of this please let me know. Thank you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Rayandrina said:

Hello, I know someone here may be able to help me with this question. We received an RFE for evidence of divorce in Ukraine. My question is; is this the only thing that they need? Do they look through the whole petition and find all deficiencies at once or do they stop at that moment and when they receive our response continue only to maybe find another problem with another RFE? I hope its the former and everything else is sufficient except this one thing that we received the RFE on. If anyone has any knowledge of this please let me know. Thank you. 

Send only what they ask for... good luck! Your NOA2 will be here soon! 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, L and E said:

Send only what they ask for... good luck! Your NOA2 will be here soon! 

Thank you so much for answering so quick! I was thinking this was the case, but no positive. I got to thinking that maybe I didn't label our picture of us together with names and locations and dates, but I don't think that would be an issue either because picture are not actually a requirement. I did send flight tickets, baggage tickets, passport stamps, receipts from purchases, apartment confirmations etc... along with the pictures. And..I see that your Noa2 is gonna be here any day now!! The waiting has been stressful😵

Timeline
Just now, Rayandrina said:

Thank you so much for answering so quick! I was thinking this was the case, but no positive. I got to thinking that maybe I didn't label our picture of us together with names and locations and dates, but I don't think that would be an issue either because picture are not actually a requirement. I did send flight tickets, baggage tickets, passport stamps, receipts from purchases, apartment confirmations etc... along with the pictures. And..I see that your Noa2 is gonna be here any day now!! The waiting has been stressful😵

You’re welcome! I understand the feeling, stressing and overthinking and second guessing... thank you 🙏🏼 my receive date is a mountain day so although they have started touching it I might be waiting for awhile.. and I feel like the possibility of an rfe is probably likely because I see a lot for the proof of divorce... my fiancé is divorced and we sent the proof but who knows if they want more/different document. That doesn’t stop me from checking the website and my email every 10 minutes 😬 always hoping for that approval!! 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, L and E said:

You’re welcome! I understand the feeling, stressing and overthinking and second guessing... thank you 🙏🏼 my receive date is a mountain day so although they have started touching it I might be waiting for awhile.. and I feel like the possibility of an rfe is probably likely because I see a lot for the proof of divorce... my fiancé is divorced and we sent the proof but who knows if they want more/different document. That doesn’t stop me from checking the website and my email every 10 minutes 😬 always hoping for that approval!! 

I know about checking the website for a change every 10 minutes😁 To give you a little peace of mind about the divorce document, i think ours was questioned because her ex husband took her last name and kept it after the divorce. So they are still showing the same last name. This is fairly common in Ukraine. Also, Ukraine handles divorces out if a justice office not courthouse. So this causes confusion with USCIS too. Do you use the new USCIS website to check on your case status? Its where we got our notice as soon as it was done. The old website, apps, email, texts are still all silent and not showing the updated status. https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Edited by Rayandrina

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

I use to think child birth was painful and exhausting until I met USCIS and now I know it was nothing! The anxiety you get daily and they compulsion to constantly check your phone is enough to drive a sane man crazy 😱

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rayandrina said:

I know about checking the website for a change every 10 minutes😁 To give you a little peace of mind about the divorce document, i think ours was questioned because her ex husband took her last name and kept it after the divorce. So they are still showing the same last name. This is fairly common in Ukraine. Also, Ukraine handles divorces out if a justice office not courthouse. So this causes confusion with USCIS too. Do you use the new USCIS website to check on your case status? Its where we got our notice as soon as it was done. The old website, apps, email, texts are still all silent and not showing the updated status. https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Aah I see how that could cause some confusion.. luckily his ex wife never took his name. Yea I created an account, been checking that too! Thank you so much ☺️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Everything is moving extremely fast for me and my  fiancé 

NOA2 3/6/18

NVC received our paper work on 3/20 and we received emails today that NCV processed everything on their part, and they are transferring the case to my fiancé’s country. The email to my fiancé said:

“The U.S. Embassy in FRANKFURT, GER approved your request for expedited processing of your immigrant visa application. The National Visa Center sent your petition to this U.S. Embassy for their action. The Embassy will contact you soon to schedule a visa interview.” 

We we didn’t apply for expedited processing, but we’ll take the blessing. Thank you God!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.