TBoneTX

September 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,058 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, BK&MC said:

Hey @LizM! How are you doing?! I was just thinking about you the other day, wondering how you’re doing. 

I’m in the US currently for about 1.5 months now..... on a tourist visa. We are still waiting to hear about our NOA2. My entry is good for 6 months so plenty of time. But it is frustrating we still haven’t heard anything. So just this past Monday we called USCIS again. They were shock to learn how long we’ve waited. So the officer put in an expedited request for us and said we’ll hear something with the next 5 days. So we’ll see. 

Meanwhile I’m trying to settle here, learning roads and everything for when I get to settle here for good. 

While you are together you could try scheduling an infopass appointment which puts in from of USCIS agent locally. I've used it 2x's and was able to get a straight answer. Your mileage may vary.

USCIS provides a free service called InfoPass that allows customers to schedule an appointment with USCIS through the internet. [3] Whenever possible, customers or their representatives who reside in the United States (domestically) should use InfoPass to schedule appointments if they would like to discuss their cases in person at their local USCIS field office. Customers and their representatives may also use InfoPass to cancel or reschedule appointments.

https://my.uscis.gov/appointment

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:49 PM, hinata123 said:

Hey guys,

Can I get an insight about what you did for the tax returns? What did you submit and if you submitted a tax transcript, which one did you request? I see that there are different types.

Redacted. Sorry.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:23 PM, MedicineManRx said:

Hello everyone!

Now that we are getting closer to reciving our NOA2, and subsequently our spouses receiving their VISAS  I was wondering how is it issued? The reason why I ask is the address that i used for my fiancé during the initial application, she no longer lives their anymore. Is the VISA something that will be mailed to her, or can she return to the embassy to pick it up? Thanks in advance for the help! :)

Redacted. Sorry to answer a July post from you.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

17 hours ago, BK&MC said:

Hey @LizM! How are you doing?! I was just thinking about you the other day, wondering how you’re doing. 

I’m in the US currently for about 1.5 months now..... on a tourist visa. We are still waiting to hear about our NOA2. My entry is good for 6 months so plenty of time. But it is frustrating we still haven’t heard anything. So just this past Monday we called USCIS again. They were shock to learn how long we’ve waited. So the officer put in an expedited request for us and said we’ll hear something with the next 5 days. So we’ll see. 

Meanwhile I’m trying to settle here, learning roads and everything for when I get to settle here for good. 

Yes I've been thinking about you too! I'm doing well thank you. I just got my EAD so that's earlier than I thought I would. So just got to find a job now, I guess!

Okay, that's good that they told you that. However-- if you don't get a reply within those 5 days... Have you considered getting married and adjusting? I know you wanted to wait for the K1, I mean that's what we were all doing. But at this point you're in the US, and, you did not enter with the intention to stay. If you changed your mind now it wouldn't be fraud. So I'm just wondering if it's crossed your mind. I really can't believe they still have not gotten back to you.

h

2 hours ago, LizM said:

Yes I've been thinking about you too! I'm doing well thank you. I just got my EAD so that's earlier than I thought I would. So just got to find a job now, I guess!

Okay, that's good that they told you that. However-- if you don't get a reply within those 5 days... Have you considered getting married and adjusting? I know you wanted to wait for the K1, I mean that's what we were all doing. But at this point you're in the US, and, you did not enter with the intention to stay. If you changed your mind now it wouldn't be fraud. So I'm just wondering if it's crossed your mind. I really can't believe they still have not gotten back to you.

Tbh, we have thought about it. It’s just seem like a very risky move still. The onus of proof is still on us to prove that I did not come in here with the intention to stay. We will have to wait til at least the 3rd month mark has passed before we can consider that option. 

So in the meantime, the best we can do is to make efforts to contact them. In the event that we do take the alternative route, at least it shows we tried to contact them and get the K1 moving. 

I know, we can’t believe that we still have nothing. But honestly, since I’m here, we think about it less and stress about it less. 

Congrats on your EAD!!! I hope you find a job soon! It’s driving me a little mad that I’m not working. Makes me feel so guilty when I make a purchase. Worse, it feels like I’m back to my adolescence life when my parents are giving me spending money 😂😂

I cant believe how vast the contrast of our journeys are when we filed around the same time!

Edited by BK&MC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Submitted i129-5 on Sept 5, 2017 to the CSC, with an RFE and many calls and inquiries to both USCIS and the congressman we were finally approved on Nov 30,2018! A year and a half later with no answers, stuck in security checks and out of the blue we got the approval NOA2!

😁 Was starting to lose hope but it will happen and can take forever it seems! Hang in there guys! 

Edited by JLCDN

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:16 PM, nyokie said:

hi is this group is for I-120F (K3) outside the  State?

if so how far is the process now?

This thread is mostly K-1's. Sometimes we get questions about K-2's but never K-3's. K-1/2 use I-129f form. You can check on processing times for all visa types here: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/. I don't know if that was the answer you were looking for.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, JLCDN said:

Submitted i129-5 on Sept 5, 2017 to the CSC, with an RFE and many calls and inquiries to both USCIS and the congressman we were finally approved on Nov 30,2018! A year and a half later with no answers, stuck in security checks and out of the blue we got the approval NOA2!

😁 Was starting to lose hope but it will happen and can take forever it seems! Hang in there guys! 

I'm glad that things are starting to move again. I know what the wait is for "normal" processing but to wait as long as you guys have takes a lot of patience. For help it would be nice to know what your embassy is so I ask that you follow the below listed instructions.

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 2 months later...

Hey @LizM ! How are things going for you?

Just thought I'll share my update with you.

To this day, we still haven't gotten our NOA2 yet. Crazy.

So last month we decided, you know what? Screw it. Let's get married.

It was nearing my time to leave the US and my fiance was fed up, He didn't want me to go, without knowing when I'll be able to come back.

We know if I go back, I won't be able to just come back and enter easily even though I have a 10 years visa. They're not gonna let me in and out every 6 months.

So he said let's just get married and ask stay. It was a week to my birthday so he proposed to get married on my birthday. 

We booked a venue, got my dress, planned everything in a week! And then we're married. So to heck with the K1 for us!

We are now applying for the I-130 and I-485 concurrently. Hopefully we'll have better luck with this time.

Hope all is well with you!

8 hours ago, BK&MC said:

It was nearing my time to leave the US and my fiance was fed up, He didn't want me to go, without knowing when I'll be able to come back.

We know if I go back, I won't be able to just come back and enter easily even though I have a 10 years visa. They're not gonna let me in and out every 6 months.

So he said let's just get married and ask stay. It was a week to my birthday so he proposed to get married on my birthday. 

We booked a venue, got my dress, planned everything in a week! And then we're married. So to heck with the K1 for us!

We are now applying for the I-130 and I-485 concurrently. Hopefully we'll have better luck with this time.

I am so so happy to hear this! I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you were.

Congratulations on your marriage :D They way you guys worked through this definitely shows you belong together. I think you made the right decision to marry & adjust, I know that your intention was to go back but it's getting ridiculous at this point that you have not gotten any updates on the K1. We are all very brave on here but it takes extra courage to leave your country behind without getting some closure. I hope that you'll get that closure as soon as your combo card arrives, so you can go back and finish everything up.

My husband and I are doing well, I'm integrating a bit more slowly than I expected and it's been tougher than I thought to find a job that suits my background (and that I actually want to do) but other than that all is good. It's so weird, because on one hand I definitely feel like a European in the US, but when I go back to Sweden or talk to friends I'm definitely able to notice how I'm now also different from them. Never quite realized what a tiny little bubble Sweden is before. 

h

12 hours ago, BK&MC said:

You have to cancel the K-1 before applying for the I-130. And just a heads up, the I-130 is not going to be that much faster and you are paying the fees all over again.  Of course, this was your decision to make and I hope it works out how you planning it. Your happiness is what is important and I hope you achieve it by this decision. All the best to you. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

19 minutes ago, LizM said:

Oh I missed the I-130 part @BK&MC - so you're not just adjusting, you're going to go back and wait out a CR-1 then?

We can’t get married and just do the adjusting on its own. We’ll have to do the 1-130, but we can file for the adjustment at the same time. This way, I won’t need to go back. 

3 hours ago, BK&MC said:

We can’t get married and just do the adjusting on its own. We’ll have to do the 1-130, but we can file for the adjustment at the same time. This way, I won’t need to go back. 

Ah gotcha, I completely forgot how that works. You're right. 

Well, as I said in the other post, I'm very happy to hear these updates and I wish you all the luck going forward. :)

h

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.