TBoneTX

September 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,058 posts in this topic

Hello all!

Yesterday had the great pleasure of receiving the NOA2 with the approval of the USCIS.  Approval date is July 5, 2018 as stated on my updated timeline.  Notice says to wait a minimum of 30 days  before contacting them.  How long is currently taking based on your experiences?

4 minutes ago, Lbto&Lbta said:

Hello all!

Yesterday had the great pleasure of receiving the NOA2 with the approval of the USCIS.  Approval date is July 5, 2018 as stated on my updated timeline.  Notice says to wait a minimum of 30 days  before contacting them.  How long is currently taking based on your experiences?

Congratulations! :) I would refer you to the July NOA2 --> NVC forum, where you can follow the progress of others who have just gotten their NOA2s. But in general, I believe it's taking about two or three weeks until your case will reach NVC. The process post NVC depends a lot on country, so for that I would refer to your regional forum. Good luck!

h

10 hours ago, Lbto&Lbta said:

Hello all!

Good to know they have not completely forgotten about us.

You give us hope!! 

Hello everyone!

Now that we are getting closer to reciving our NOA2, and subsequently our spouses receiving their VISAS  I was wondering how is it issued? The reason why I ask is the address that i used for my fiancé during the initial application, she no longer lives their anymore. Is the VISA something that will be mailed to her, or can she return to the embassy to pick it up? Thanks in advance for the help! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 hours ago, MedicineManRx said:

Hello everyone!

Now that we are getting closer to reciving our NOA2, and subsequently our spouses receiving their VISAS  I was wondering how is it issued? The reason why I ask is the address that i used for my fiancé during the initial application, she no longer lives their anymore. Is the VISA something that will be mailed to her, or can she return to the embassy to pick it up? Thanks in advance for the help! :)

If she no longer lives there, I would email NVC once it gets to that stage. Or email USCIS if you can. I think it's important to keep them updated on where she currently lives and what your email address is. Most of our important updates came to us via email, Then paper receipts came to us by mail months after...

The visa won't be issued until after her interview at the embassy. It will be placed in her passport, then mailed to a local mail carrier where she can go pick it up. We were asked NOT to return to the embassy. We had to go to the mail carrier to pick up his passport along with a very important packet 4, which he had to show ID for and sign to receive. Of course, I'm just speaking from my experience! Each case is a little different, so it's important to keep them updated on current addresses, just in case. 

So, I guess generally speaking, they may not need her address but I would keep them updated anyway. More than likely she'll be going to a mail carrier office to sign for and get her visa and packet. Good luck!

09/06/17 : K-1 Petition Sent

07/09/18 : APPROVAL

08/05/18 : U.S. ENTRY

09/08/18 : WEDDING :wub:

11/16/18 : AOS Filed

11/23/18 : NOA

12/19/2018 : Biometrics

37 minutes ago, Sage&Amine said:

If she no longer lives there, I would email NVC once it gets to that stage. Or email USCIS if you can. I think it's important to keep them updated on where she currently lives and what your email address is. Most of our important updates came to us via email, Then paper receipts came to us by mail months after...

The visa won't be issued until after her interview at the embassy. It will be placed in her passport, then mailed to a local mail carrier where she can go pick it up. We were asked NOT to return to the embassy. We had to go to the mail carrier to pick up his passport along with a very important packet 4, which he had to show ID for and sign to receive. Of course, I'm just speaking from my experience! Each case is a little different, so it's important to keep them updated on current addresses, just in case. 

So, I guess generally speaking, they may not need her address but I would keep them updated anyway. More than likely she'll be going to a mail carrier office to sign for and get her visa and packet. Good luck!

Ok, thank you so much for this info! This helped a lot o really appreciate it! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

@Sage&Amine

Could you please tell me if you had your appointment already scheduled with the embassy or did you do it yourself

Also did you pay for the visa online or did he pay for it at his appointment 

K1 Visa         DENIED 

Service Center :    California Service  Center
Transferred?        No
Consulate :        Morocco
I-129F Sent :        2017-09-25
I-129F NOA1 :    2017-10-03
I-129F RFE(s) :    2018-04-02; 2018-05-08
RFE Reply(s) :    2018-04-25, 2018-05-22
I-129F NOA2 :    2018-06-04
NVC Received :    2018-06-21
Date Case #, IIN, 
and BIN assigned :    2018-06-21
NVC Left :        2018-07-10
Consulate Received :    2018-07-13
Packet 3 Received :    2018-07-31
Packet 3 Sent :    
Packet 4 Received :    
Interview Date :    2018-09-04    

CR1 Visa         APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
20 hours ago, Mayi & MiMi said:

@Sage&Amine

Could you please tell me if you had your appointment already scheduled with the embassy or did you do it yourself

Also did you pay for the visa online or did he pay for it at his appointment 

Check the case status online. When it says the status of your case is ready, email the embassy saying that you are ready for the interview. They will schedule the appointment for you. Email them every two days. Be sure to include in the email both your names, date of births, and your case number. You will pay for the visa inside the embassy.

09/06/17 : K-1 Petition Sent

07/09/18 : APPROVAL

08/05/18 : U.S. ENTRY

09/08/18 : WEDDING :wub:

11/16/18 : AOS Filed

11/23/18 : NOA

12/19/2018 : Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hey guys,

Can I get an insight about what you did for the tax returns? What did you submit and if you submitted a tax transcript, which one did you request? I see that there are different types.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It’s been just over 10 months since first submitting for our K-1 and finally approved! It’s the best feeling updating your timeline on VJ. I did my interview in Montreal this week, so if anyone has any questions regarding the US Embassy in MTL, I wrote a review (http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=24314), but don’t hesitate to reach out! VJ has been extremely helpful so hoping to pass the help along! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/27/2018 at 9:20 AM, simplexity said:

It’s been just over 10 months since first submitting for our K-1 and finally approved! It’s the best feeling updating your timeline on VJ. I did my interview in Montreal this week, so if anyone has any questions regarding the US Embassy in MTL, I wrote a review (http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=24314), but don’t hesitate to reach out! VJ has been extremely helpful so hoping to pass the help along! :)

Congratulations!! We too have been waiting since September and was starting to lose hope and  I will also be going to Montreal for the Interview once the NOA2 comes in so thank you for the review of the embassy! Its relieving to know we aren't the only ones biting our nails wondering why the long wait and also new member here this is such an informative community! :)

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, LizM said:

@BK&MC Still no news? Are you in the US?

Hey @LizM! How are you doing?! I was just thinking about you the other day, wondering how you’re doing. 

I’m in the US currently for about 1.5 months now..... on a tourist visa. We are still waiting to hear about our NOA2. My entry is good for 6 months so plenty of time. But it is frustrating we still haven’t heard anything. So just this past Monday we called USCIS again. They were shock to learn how long we’ve waited. So the officer put in an expedited request for us and said we’ll hear something with the next 5 days. So we’ll see. 

Meanwhile I’m trying to settle here, learning roads and everything for when I get to settle here for good. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.