TBoneTX

I-751 February 2017 Filers, Part II

2,305 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, rs2712 said:

Hey Guys, I went for my infopass yesterday. Very nice IO he stamped my passport for 1 year and upon asking where my file is he checked and confirmed that it has recently moved to Nebraska center on May 9th. I didn’t got any letter yet. Does anyone got letter for that move on May 9th? Also any updates afterwards? Thanks!

Thats good news as Nebraska have said that it should be adjudicated within 6 weeks once it gets there. Good luck! :)

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
10 hours ago, shell20 said:

Well I am quite annoyed with USCIS right now. I was on the train yesterday on my way to visit friends and I received an email, I thought it was the N400 but oh no it wasn't it was an email to tell me that they have mailed my GC in March?  Seriously?  What the heck, my card hasnt got the wrong date on it.  Then my husband told me he had received 14 text messages to say the same and I then received another email with the same thing.  Talk about messing it up. its just cruel when Im awaiting the date of my interview.

USCIS will never forget you, they reminded you of how much they value you as a customer :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi all! We're February 2017 filers and went for an InfoPass appointment the beginning of last month and received the I-551 stamp. We just received a letter in the mail  yesterday stating that our case has been transferred to the Nebraska Service Center. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon!

It sounds like quite a few of our cases are being transferred to Nebraska. Best of luck to everyone! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
10 hours ago, Ash_2017 said:

What is the impact of following change on i751 applications 4AC83875-A583-483B-8E33-8CB2D990372D.thumb.png.fcdc5a22bfbc41ec302d3b2b2d862600.png

The I-751 is the Removal of Conditions, which is different to the Adjustment of Status. There are rumors that they are moving to have more interviews, which would slow down the wait time even more but that is currently only rumors. Any time they make changes, and they have been making a lot of them, it slows things down though. :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 5/16/2018 at 9:48 AM, Are we there yet? said:

Hi all! We're February 2017 filers and went for an InfoPass appointment the beginning of last month and received the I-551 stamp. We just received a letter in the mail  yesterday stating that our case has been transferred to the Nebraska Service Center. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon!

It sounds like quite a few of our cases are being transferred to Nebraska. Best of luck to everyone! 

Are you at CSC? and were you transferred? and did you apply for N-400? :) We are early February and did not apply for N-400 yet. Hoping to get approved soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi Erinandahmet! We were at the CSC, but have now be transferred to the NSC. We didn't apply for the N-400 yet because we don't want any confusion. I do know that you can apply if you'd like before your I-751 is approved, but we're choosing not to until we get the 10 year green card first. Don't want to confuse anyone in immigration. 

You might want to make an InfoPass appointment for an I-551 stamp in your passport if you haven't already done so. I think that is what pushed ours along. Hope that helps out.

15 hours ago, Ash_2017 said:

What is the impact of following change on i751 applications 

That applies to Adjustment of Status, says nothing about Removal of Conditions.

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

20 hours ago, Ash_2017 said:

What is the impact of following change on i751 applications 4AC83875-A583-483B-8E33-8CB2D990372D.thumb.png.fcdc5a22bfbc41ec302d3b2b2d862600.png

the negative impact of this policy on i-751 filers would be that it will cause more delays, since uscis needs man powers to deal with this changes 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.