TBoneTX

I-751 February 2017 Filers, Part II

2,305 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

How did you get it cleared up?

Praying that it goes all gets sorted out so fast and it is  smooth sailing from here on for you guys.🌼

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
32 minutes ago, shell20 said:

Normally happens just before an approval

Thanks for the feedback it helps but still seems like a confusing proess where applicants are being informed of a "name update" 

2 hours ago, corvusheart said:

How did you get it cleared up?

Well I never had an issue with Immigration, this was with work. They re ran the check but with my birthday and it was clear. 

2 hours ago, CoffeeVegan said:

@shell20 Shell, hows the jetlag? Hope you are having fun? Did you recieve the case transfer as well? What is your latest N400& ROC status, if I may ask. Thanks Shell!!!🐘🦉🐇🦋

Bad jet lag, no word but mine isn't joint, my ROC was approved in Feb, do that other number has never worked. 

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
14 hours ago, corvusheart said:

Yeah he called them and filed a dispute. They said it'll take up to 30 days to correct. Job said they'll hold his position till its fixed but I've read this background check company is notorious for being wrong with background checks and screwing innocent people out of jobs. So do you think a lawyer is necessary for this??

Good morning. You husband took the right step. In my opinion, you don't need to hire a lawyer because your husband never committed the crime. At this point, I would suggest just to wait for the background check company to get back with the correct report. I probably assume the background check company didn't follow the SSN but looked up the name and date of birth of that individual who committed the offense. Keep that in mind, FBI background check is an extensive one and they will not mess up. USCIS conducts the biometrics for a reason to avoid discrepancy. You don't need to worry. In a way, it's good for you guys to be aware that there is someone on this planet and in the U.S with a same name and D.O.D of your husband. In future, if your husband switches jobs he might have to mention it to the company to make sure they go by the social security, not just the name and D.O.B. 

16 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Good morning. You husband took the right step. In my opinion, you don't need to hire a lawyer because your husband never committed the crime. At this point, I would suggest just to wait for the background check company to get back with the correct report. I probably assume the background check company didn't follow the SSN but looked up the name and date of birth of that individual who committed the offense. Keep that in mind, FBI background check is an extensive one and they will not mess up. USCIS conducts the biometrics for a reason to avoid discrepancy. You don't need to worry. In a way, it's good for you guys to be aware that there is someone on this planet and in the U.S with a same name and D.O.D of your husband. In future, if your husband switches jobs he might have to mention it to the company to make sure they go by the social security, not just the name and D.O.B. 

When reading over his background check again I noticed it said that they couldn't verify his SSN. And that they can only verify a SSN that is issued before 2011. His SSN was issued in 2014 when he immigrated here. So since that company doesn't have the capability to search SSNs issued after 2011 they searched by first and last name instead and the record of that guy from Kansas was put on his report because he has the same first and last name and birth date as him.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

1 minute ago, corvusheart said:

When reading over his background check again I noticed it said that they couldn't verify his SSN. And that they can only verify a SSN that is issued before 2011. His SSN was issued in 2014 when he immigrated here. So since that company doesn't have the capability to search SSNs issued after 2011 they searched by first and last name instead and the record of that guy from Kansas was put on his report because he has the same first and last name and birth date as him.

This happened to me as well that no one can find me by my SSN I went to social security office and they have my wrong name in their office they made correction and now it works fine. So I would recommend you to check with Social security office. 

hello everyone, I'm California filler and this is my time line

April 26, 2018We corrected your name for your case
April 26, 2018We corrected your date of birth for your case
March 14, 2018We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing ( texas service center)
March 14, 2018We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing
March 12, 2018We received your case
March 12, 2018We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing
March 12, 2018We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing
February 26, 2018We received your case
February 25, 2018We received your case
February 13, 2017We received your case

I got a new update today May 11th ; case transferred and new office has jurisdiction 
I filed N400 online on April 27th
Edited by maramsofia

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, corvusheart said:

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Now we know where the problem lies. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I received online updates last week saying that my I-751 was transferred to another office with new jurisdiction. Yesterday I got a notice in mail that my case is in NBC now. Since I had a divorce waiver I guess my case soon will be transferred to my local office in NYC for an interview. Does anyone know how long such case can stay in NBC before going to local office?

4 hours ago, AlexNY said:

I received online updates last week saying that my I-751 was transferred to another office with new jurisdiction. Yesterday I got a notice in mail that my case is in NBC now. Since I had a divorce waiver I guess my case soon will be transferred to my local office in NYC for an interview. Does anyone know how long such case can stay in NBC before going to local office?

mine was transferred to NBC on March 7th and still no words from them.  My cases are being adjudicated and maybe thats the reason. (n400-i751)

19 hours ago, JeanneSs said:

To all those with wrong residence since date on green card. Read this https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-recall-incorrectly-dated-green-cards

Well I am quite annoyed with USCIS right now. I was on the train yesterday on my way to visit friends and I received an email, I thought it was the N400 but oh no it wasn't it was an email to tell me that they have mailed my GC in March?  Seriously?  What the heck, my card hasnt got the wrong date on it.  Then my husband told me he had received 14 text messages to say the same and I then received another email with the same thing.  Talk about messing it up. its just cruel when Im awaiting the date of my interview.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Hey Guys, I went for my infopass yesterday. Very nice IO he stamped my passport for 1 year and upon asking where my file is he checked and confirmed that it has recently moved to Nebraska center on May 9th. I didn’t got any letter yet. Does anyone got letter for that move on May 9th? Also any updates afterwards? Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.