TBoneTX

I-751 February 2017 Filers, Part II

2,305 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
1 minute ago, shell20 said:

About 10 but half of them havent updated the chart, so not many at all.

That's good to know. It's been very frustrating for CSC filers. I hope things might get better sooner than later. 

1 minute ago, Name O Boy said:

That's good to know. It's been very frustrating for CSC filers. I hope things might get better sooner than later. 

Well even they are beginning to hear now if they were lucky enough to have their files transferred to Nebraska or Texas. I think Nebraska says no more than 6 weeks and Texas approved a Feb filer the other day.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

15 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Wow, talking about me mentioning an outage with USCIS apparently its going down this weekend for two days!  So no doubt after that we are going to get a series of bugs and such! 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, shell20 said:

Wow, talking about me mentioning an outage with USCIS apparently its going down this weekend for two days!  So no doubt after that we are going to get a series of bugs and such! 

Glitches and bugs go side by side at USCIS all the time :lol: I am not surprised whatever they do.

Edited by Name O Boy

13 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Glitches and bugs go side by side at USCIS all the time :lol: I am not surprised whatever they do.

2 days though, people are going to go stir crazy wanting to look up their case statuses, not sure if it impacts the N400 site, as that is a different one that they spent millions on.

On 4/19/2018 at 11:27 AM, wabbajack said:

USPS tells me I'm getting these in the mail today. I debated taking the day off and just waiting by my mailbox. Anyone know what it could be? I'm concerned that the letter is dated April 12. I did not file for N400 (not eligible).

image.png.a667396b568b4e33233d9b03f417b05b.png

Apparently, someone else's USCIS letter is also arriving in my mailbox.

image.png.10cee1e6ec9f9fe9169ff948805d5fc8.png

Yo, @wabbajack What was cooking with these letters?

Spoiler

K1

15 November 2013: Sent I-129F Package 

21 November 2013: NOA1 

20 December 2013: NOA2

23 January 2014: Medical (London)

11 April 2014: Interview - Approved!

29 April 2014: POE Chicago

20 June 2014: Married in DC

AOS

7 July 2014: Mailed AOSEAD & AP forms via USPS

14 July 2014: NOA1 Text & E-Mails (x3) received at 23:52hrs (Received Date: 07/11/2014)

14 July 2014: Cheque cashed & I-485 transferred to Nebraska Service Centre

18 July 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received (x3)

22 July 2014: Biometrics Letter rec'd (Appointment 07/31/2014)

23 July 2014: Early Biometrics walk-in at Cincinnati office successful!

05 September 2014: EAD & AP approved! (texts rec'd 16:45hrs)

11 September 2014: EAD/AP card mailed

12 September 2014: EAD/AP card in hand (delivered 9:54am)

18 October 2014: Potential interview waiver letter rec'd (Dated: 10/15/2014)

19 May 2015: I-485 approved! (No interview) Welcome letter mailed!

23 May 2015: I-797 (NOA2) Welcome notice received

27 May 2015: Green card received

ROC

ROC filing window opens 18 February 2017

16 February 2017: ROC packet mailed to CSC

18 February 2017: USPS Tracking - Ready for collection from PO Box

25 February 2017: NOA1 received dated 02/21/2017

03 March 2017: Received biometrics appointment letter dated 25th February 2017. Appointment on 16 March 2017.

16 March 2017: Biometrics completed

08 March 2018: Case (allegedly) transferred to the National Benefits Center (presumably for a combo interview)

04 April 2019: ROC approved (as part of N-400 combo interview)

N-400

18 February 2018: N-400 Application submitted online

21 February 2018: NOA1 Rreceived

23 February 2018: Biometrics appointment letter received. Appointment 13 March 2018. 

27 April 2018: Interview notice received. Interview Date: June 5, 2018. Request to reschedule sent as out of the country at that time.

04 April 2019: Attended interview ... PASSED!

11 April 2019: Oath ceremony

46 minutes ago, Derwood said:

Yo, @wabbajack What was cooking with these letters?

Sorry, just got time to follow up. Turns out it's just a notice from USCIS responding to my case inquiry. It's just a form letter that says my case is under normal processing times. The other letter was something to do with some government lender program (I just bought a house). Looks like I'm still waiting.

Also, I never saw the letter to Florida in the mailbox. I guess someone along the line must have read the address and figured out it needed to go somewhere else.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey folks,

I just applied for citizenship today while our I-751 is still running. Anyone here doing the same thing? I’m curious to know if they are going to first process our ROC then the N-400 or if they are going to do it all together. As I believe that the decision for the ROC will come out first, I don’t know if they are just going to transfer my case to another office and wait until I have my interview for the N-400 so they can do it all together.

As I just applied today, online it still says that they received my application and now I guess I’m just waiting for the biometrics appointment! :)

Thank you!

Thiago and Alexis

1 hour ago, thilimaa said:

Hey folks,

I just applied for citizenship today while our I-751 is still running. Anyone here doing the same thing? I’m curious to know if they are going to first process our ROC then the N-400 or if they are going to do it all together. As I believe that the decision for the ROC will come out first, I don’t know if they are just going to transfer my case to another office and wait until I have my interview for the N-400 so they can do it all together.

As I just applied today, online it still says that they received my application and now I guess I’m just waiting for the biometrics appointment! :)

Thank you!

A few people have applied one has had a joint interview, a couple are due to have a joint interview next month. Normally done together. Unfortunately its no longer just a ROC forum, perhaps we should have a sub forum for ROC/N400 as its not fair to the people who can't/dont want to apply for N400 and for those who want to wait until ROC is solely adjudicated, but that's no-ones fault other than the USCIS. They have a lot to answer too and quite frankly I am surprised there hasn't been a mass complaint yet with these ridiculous processing times and the attitudes that some of fellow vjers are having to endure from overworked, stressed USCIS employees.  

You should hear about your biometrics within a week or so, unless they have started to lag with those too. That would not come as a surprise to me .

I think I remember seeing someone on here who was a joint ROC/N400 filer and they just got their approval letter in the mail last week for ROC even though they've already filed N-400. So it can still happen separately I think. I'm hoping our ROC is adjudicated first and separately from N400 for three reasons: 1. it'd be nice to not be in no man's land anymore and have something. 2. Minneapolis is slow with N-400s 3. There's to worry if he fails the civics questions at the N-400 interview and what would become of his ROC if it was joint. And no one on here really knows what happens with your ROC if it's combined with your n400 and you fail the civics test. My husband is very bad at tests and we've been studying the civics test flash cards everyday.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Timeline
39 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

I think I remember seeing someone on here who was a joint ROC/N400 filer and they just got their approval letter in the mail last week for ROC even though they've already filed N-400. So it can still happen separately I think. I'm hoping our ROC is adjudicated first and separately from N400 for three reasons: 1. it'd be nice to not be in no man's land anymore and have something. 2. Minneapolis is slow with N-400s 3. There's to worry if he fails the civics questions at the N-400 interview and what would become of his ROC if it was joint. And no one on here really knows what happens with your ROC if it's combined with your n400 and you fail the civics test. My husband is very bad at tests and we've been studying the civics test flash cards everyday.

Your husband will do a very good job. I am very positive about that, regards. 

7 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

Your husband will do a very good job. I am very positive about that, regards. 

Thanks! :) I don't even think uscis knows or has a procedure set in place if someone has a joint N400/ROC and they fail the civics test portion since in the past ROCs were typically complete before filing time for N-400. Even I think a lot of those questions are hard on the civics test. But I'm helping him study every day just in case interview comes sooner than the estimated December 2019 completion date.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Timeline
5 hours ago, corvusheart said:

Thanks! :) I don't even think uscis knows or has a procedure set in place if someone has a joint N400/ROC and they fail the civics test portion since in the past ROCs were typically complete before filing time for N-400. Even I think a lot of those questions are hard on the civics test. But I'm helping him study every day just in case interview comes sooner than the estimated December 2019 completion date.

Hi there, I understand your emotions because I am in exactly the same situation as your husband. I also have a pending ROC and naturalization in process. I was reading the USCIS policy about failing the civic test.  If you fail to answer 6 correct questions they will reschedule you again and if you failed for the second time then you have to wait for some time before you apply again.I also learned that when the IO review the N-400 form with the applicant that's also part of the civic test. Overall. the chances are very slim that an applicant will fail the test. It also depends on how nice or professional the IO is  :P Having said that I will bring a copy of the USCIS policy regarding pending ROC and naturalization which clarifies a lot of confusion. Did you get the USCIS civic test app? it is very helpful. I am praying for you, my friend, say hi to your hubby :)

Edited by Name O Boy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Update: we got the approval letter today and it did come from Texas service center. so the case was actually transferred to Texas it wasn't a glitch or anything.

USCIS I-130

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : New Delhi, India
I-130 Sent: 03-31-2014
I-130 NOA1 (PD): 04-07-2014
I-130 TRANSFERRED FIRST EMAIL: 08-14-2014
I-130 TRANSFERRED SECOND EMAIL: 08-15-2014
I-130 TRANSFERRED HARD COPY: 08-22-2014 (CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER)
1-130 TRANSFERRED FINAL EMAIL(PROCESSING): 08-25-2014

1-130 APPROVED: 09-08-2014

NVC

NVC WELCOME LETTER: 10/2/2014

NVC AOS FEE INVOICE EMAIL: 10/3/2014

COMPLETED DS-261, AOS FEE PAID: 10/4/2014

AOS DOCUMENTS SENT: 10/7/2014

AOS DOCUMENTS RECIEVED BY NVC: 10/14/2014

IV FEE PAID: 10/16/2014

IV APPLICATION SUBMITTED: 10/17/2014

IV CIVIL DOCUMENTS SENT: 11/20/2014

IV CIVIL DOCUMENTS SCANNED: 12/17/14

CASE COMPLETE: 02/17/15

APPOINTMENT LETTER (P4): 03/02/15

APPOINTMENT DATE: 04/06/15

VISA APPROVED: 04/06/15 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

POE: 04/16/15 (L)(L)(L)(L)

USCIS I-751

I-751 ROC: 02/11/17

I-751 NOA1: 02/13/17

BIOMETRICS: 03/08/17

I-751 TRANSFERRED: FROM CALIFORNIA TO TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

I-751 APPROVED: 04/17/18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.