TBoneTX

I-751 February 2017 Filers, Part II

2,305 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

I see. I am kinda confused. The old website which is uscis.dhs.gov says they have scheduled me for my interview and will mail me the notice. The newly updated website of USCIS says we reviewed your biometrics and the egov.uscis.gov websites telling me they are actively reviewing my case. Having said that my GC third anniversary is in 2 months. I wonder which website to believe :huh:

if im not mistaken I read in another forum that online filers hardly get the status update inline for interview anymore so actually when u see that old Elis site showing uscis has scheduled your interview its actually when they've placed you in line to be schedule for an interview but being that the system is no longer giving that update you won't get a update until the interview has actually been scheduled this is when case status and myuscis new site will update. So seeing that means your background has cleared and your actually placed in line. ive been seeing that status on my Old Elis since march 23rd  which was 30 days after my biometrics a few days ago I called and tier 2 told me im only in line for interview when date becomes available ill get an update so this theory was confirmed for me hope its the same for you.

Just now, Pat80 said:

I went to combo interview today and it is the worst day of my life. N 400 interview went well. And the IO then did the ROC interview. She blamed me for N 400 filing which force her to make decision on ROC. She asked me a lot of questions and some  that I have never expected like address of my landlord, the source of money from joint account. She asked why we have much money only (27k) while my husband got 30K a year. I told her that he keep it for years and did not spend much money. I actually did not understand what she wanted. She then called my husband and ask, he replied that it’s joint account and we keep it together. The IO said one of us lied. And then sent me back home said that she’s not satisfied and it’s money laundering. We did not answered wrong or lie but it’s our money we keep for long time. I don’t know what to say to make her happy. 

If I got deported, we both would go back my country. No more hope for this country :(

OMG, I just gasped in shock. How dare she!! I would put an immediate complaint in regarding her accusations, she has no evidence of this and this pure slander.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

1 minute ago, nywestq said:

if im not mistaken I read in another forum that online filers hardly get the status update inline for interview anymore so actually when u see that old Elis site showing uscis has scheduled your interview its actually when they've placed you in line to be schedule for an interview but being that the system is no longer giving that update you won't get a update until the interview has actually been scheduled this is when case status and myuscis new site will update. So seeing that means your background has cleared and your actually placed in line. ive been seeing that status on my Old Elis since march 23rd  which was 30 days after my biometrics a few days ago I called and tier 2 told me im only in line for interview when date becomes available ill get an update so this theory was confirmed for me hope its the same for you.

Interesting and thanks for the clarification. I tend to get the two sites mixed up and Ive not checked my the old one as they locked me out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
4 minutes ago, nywestq said:

Thanks a lot for the response. Does it mean I have to wait for 30 days to get an interview letter?  Keep us posted :) Have a great naturalization journey, regards. 

Edited by Name O Boy

Timeline
6 minutes ago, shell20 said:

Well then its normally a joint interview if you have an outstanding ROC case, as they cant approve N400 without approving ROC. I wonder if your N400 triggered the interview for both? Its great news though, hopefully you can access that interview letter in a few hours. You're very lucky as its rare to get notice before a month before your 3rd anniversary. :)  Have you tried the automated phone line to check your case status? 

Thanks a lot, Queen Shell. I doubt I will be able to see interview letter anytime soon. Someone responded to my post just a while ago and said that it means I am in line for an interview. Hmmm thanks for the advice Let me ring up the automated phone line, thanks. 

6 minutes ago, Pat80 said:

I went to combo interview today and it is the worst day of my life. N 400 interview went well. And the IO then did the ROC interview. She blamed me for N 400 filing which force her to make decision on ROC. She asked me a lot of questions and some  that I have never expected like address of my landlord, the source of money from joint account. She asked why we have much money only (27k) while my husband got 30K a year. I told her that he keep it for years and did not spend much money. I actually did not understand what she wanted. She then called my husband and ask, he replied that it’s joint account and we keep it together. The IO said one of us lied. And then sent me back home said that she’s not satisfied and it’s money laundering. We did not answered wrong or lie but it’s our money we keep for long time. I don’t know what to say to make her happy. 

If I got deported, we both would go back my country. No more hope for this country :(

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry for you! This is a disaster, and I am now sincerely worried for my wife's interview. Last time we were at the USCIS in Boston, the officer was not exactly nice at all. I really hope this will get turned around for you. I am sure you will not get deported, but it may be time to get a lawyer... 

14 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Thanks a lot, Queen Shell. I doubt I will be able to see interview letter anytime soon. Someone responded to my post just a while ago and said that it means I am in line for an interview. Hmmm thanks for the advice Let me ring up the automated phone line, thanks. 

Yes I saw that. Didnt realise it was your old account which I am locked out off. I am guessing youre probably inline, but its movement and movement is good! I should check the old status for mine I don't have to create an account to that, who knows I might be inline. Just all very exciting though.

12 minutes ago, Camtor said:

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry for you! This is a disaster, and I am now sincerely worried for my wife's interview. Last time we were at the USCIS in Boston, the officer was not exactly nice at all. I really hope this will get turned around for you. I am sure you will not get deported, but it may be time to get a lawyer... 

I really cant believe that people get treated this way, after thousands of dollars spent, and countless years of frustration that follows. Really so very sorry for you.

Timeline
1 minute ago, shell20 said:

Yes I saw that. Didnt realise it was your old account which I am locked out off. I am guessing youre probably inline, but its movement and movement is good! I should check the old status for mine I don't have to create an account to that, who knows I might be inline. Just all very exciting though.

Yeah, you should check it and let me know. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Camtor said:

I’m so depressed now and so sad seeing my husband crying. The IO said she might make the decision in 3 months or 3 years. 

Please be prepared well like stroke interview. Good luck to you. 

AOS from K1

04/04/14 - USCIS received date

04/08/14 - Fingerprint fee accepted

04/09/14 - USCIS Noa1 notice date and check cashed next day

04/11/14 - Got text/e-mail notification for I-485, I-131 and I-765 at 1:09 a.m. & check cleared in the morning

05/06/14 - Fingerprint done

06/12/14 - EAD card production date & AP approval date

06/20/14 - Received EAD/AP Combo card in hand + text/email notice for delivery status :lol:

07/14/14 - Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver case dated 07/10/14

02/24/15 - Renewal EAD/AP Noa Date

03/18/15 - Requested help from Ombudsman

03/19/15 - One fingerprint done for EAD renewal

03/25/15 - Requested help from Senator

04/01/15 - Case has been transferred to field office in Columbus, Ohio

04/09/15 - Card was ordered

04/16/15 - Card mailed

04/18/15 - Received GC in hands finally! (no welcome notice)

ROC

02/21/17 - Sent package to VSC

02/23/17 - Package delivered 

03/30/17 - Finger print done

N 400

01/10/18 - Online application sent

01/11/18 - NOA Receipt PDF posted online

01/13/18 - Biometrics appointment scheduled status (wait for PDF)

01/13/18 - NOA Receipt delivered

01/16/18 - Biometrics appointment scheduled PDF uploaded

02/01/18 - Fingerprint done (get text & email alert but no update + estimated time changed to 4 months)

02/02/18 - Case status changed to We review your biometrics

14 minutes ago, Camtor said:

This is not normal, so don't think that. This is appalling and I am very angry what I have heard. Firstly, @Pat80 is quite entitled to apply for a joint N400/ROC, as laid down by the USCIS rules and regulations. Secondly, saving up shows responsibility and to accuse someone of something that is unfounded is quite disturbing. Even though the USCIS IO may have certain legal rights, this sounds like to me, from what I am reading an abuse of that right.   It sounds like they don't want to be bothered to look at ROC and are angered by it, its not professional at all and the delivery of this is just awful. It seems to me that because @Pat80 first language doesn't seem to be English then it's hard for them to defend their selves. I would be furious if this happened to me, furious and upset and very angry that someone accused me of something that was not true, USCIS officer or no USCIS officer! I would put an immediate complaint into the IO's behaviour towards me and probably contact a lawyer and the Ombudsman, Senator and such immediately. No excuse for this, zero!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
29 minutes ago, shell20 said:

OMG, I just gasped in shock. How dare she!! I would put an immediate complaint in regarding her accusations, she has no evidence of this and this pure slander.

We were treated like a person in jail :( 

AOS from K1

04/04/14 - USCIS received date

04/08/14 - Fingerprint fee accepted

04/09/14 - USCIS Noa1 notice date and check cashed next day

04/11/14 - Got text/e-mail notification for I-485, I-131 and I-765 at 1:09 a.m. & check cleared in the morning

05/06/14 - Fingerprint done

06/12/14 - EAD card production date & AP approval date

06/20/14 - Received EAD/AP Combo card in hand + text/email notice for delivery status :lol:

07/14/14 - Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver case dated 07/10/14

02/24/15 - Renewal EAD/AP Noa Date

03/18/15 - Requested help from Ombudsman

03/19/15 - One fingerprint done for EAD renewal

03/25/15 - Requested help from Senator

04/01/15 - Case has been transferred to field office in Columbus, Ohio

04/09/15 - Card was ordered

04/16/15 - Card mailed

04/18/15 - Received GC in hands finally! (no welcome notice)

ROC

02/21/17 - Sent package to VSC

02/23/17 - Package delivered 

03/30/17 - Finger print done

N 400

01/10/18 - Online application sent

01/11/18 - NOA Receipt PDF posted online

01/13/18 - Biometrics appointment scheduled status (wait for PDF)

01/13/18 - NOA Receipt delivered

01/16/18 - Biometrics appointment scheduled PDF uploaded

02/01/18 - Fingerprint done (get text & email alert but no update + estimated time changed to 4 months)

02/02/18 - Case status changed to We review your biometrics

1 minute ago, Pat80 said:

I’m so depressed now and so sad seeing my husband crying. The IO said she might make the decision in 3 months or 3 years. 

Please be prepared well like stroke interview. Good luck to you. 

Please, please don't let this seemingly bullying way get in the way. You need to report this person for not treating you with the respect you deserve! They have no right to treat you this way and accuse you of such things with out evidence. And absolutely no right to say you can't apply for a joint N400/ROC as it states in their rules you can! I am furious reading this, showed it to my husband who doesnt normally comment and he is furious too!  

2 minutes ago, shell20 said:

This is not normal, so don't think that. This is appalling and I am very angry what I have heard. Firstly, @Pat80 is quite entitled to apply for a joint N400/ROC, as laid down by the USCIS rules and regulations. Secondly, saving up shows responsibility and to accuse someone of something that is unfounded is quite disturbing. Even though the USCIS IO may have certain legal rights, this sounds like to me, from what I am reading an abuse of that right.   It sounds like they don't want to be bothered to look at ROC and are angered by it, its not professional at all and the delivery of this is just awful. It seems to me that because @Pat80 first language doesn't seem to be English then it's hard for them to defend their selves. I would be furious if this happened to me, furious and upset and very angry that someone accused me of something that was not true, USCIS officer or no USCIS officer! I would put an immediate complaint into the IO's behaviour towards me and probably contact a lawyer and the Ombudsman, Senator and such immediately. No excuse for this, zero!

You are right, Shell, that is what I would be inclined to do as well. You have come all this way, you can not give up now. This is plain wrong and unjust. You must fight this, and I am sure you will come out victorious! 

Edited by Camtor

Just now, Camtor said:

You are right, Sell, that is what I would be inclined to do as well. You have come all this way, you can not give up now. This is plain wrong and unjust. You must fight this, and I am sure you will come out victorious! 

Precisely, she is using bullying tactics, by saying it may take 3 months, 3 years, this needs to be an immediate complaint, an immediate one!  There are no grounds to say its money laundering, zero none. Its not a crime to save up money, nor is it a crime to ask for a joint N400/ROC filing, its in their rules and its their fault it happened this way because of their processing times. This is a field office, not ICE and even it was ICE we live in the 21st century and have a human right to be treated with respect!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.