TBoneTX

I-751 February 2017 Filers, Part II

2,305 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Anyone in this forum went to Mexico with their I551 stamp? Do I need a visa? 

I129F sent : 20/12/2013

I129f received: 26/1/2013

NOA1 notification: 01/01/2014 heart.gifheart.gif

Alien registration number changed :03/01/2014

NOA2 notification: 04/02/2014

Case number: 14/02/2014heart.gifheart.gif

Embassy recieved: 19/02/2014

Fee paid: 26/02/2014

P3 recieved: 03/03/2014

P3 sent: 04/03/2014

Interview day : 07/05/2014goofy.gifgoofy.gif

8 minutes ago, Ck207 said:

Anyone in this forum went to Mexico with their I551 stamp? Do I need a visa? 

I know of people in the Jan 17 ROC filers who go each weekend. You can enter with that stamp however, I am not sure if you need to pay an exit visa on the way out and the only reason I say this is when I lived in England I went on vacation to Mexico for two weeks and on the way out we had to pay for an exit visa to return back to England. It may be different to return to the USA. I don't know the answer to that part of your question.  Can anyone enlighten us on this subject? :)

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, shell20 said:

I know of people in the Jan 17 ROC filers who go each weekend. You can enter with that stamp however, I am not sure if you need to pay an exit visa on the way out and the only reason I say this is when I lived in England I went on vacation to Mexico for two weeks and on the way out we had to pay for an exit visa to return back to England. It may be different to return to the USA. I don't know the answer to that part of your question.  Can anyone enlighten us on this subject? :)

Shell, What do we do without you? :) :)

43 minutes ago, VeraBradley said:

I got a TN license valid for 8 years with my 1 year stamp :)

Wow, that would be great. But they have that new type now called “real ID”. Looks same as regular DL but different logo on the upper right corner. I believe beginning  from 2020 you won’t be able to use your regular DL/ID for flights within US. It will have to be “Real ID”. And in order to get that, you have to make appointment at DMV. Regular DL should have “federal limits apply” on the upper right corner. 

Does your DL say “federal limits apply” on the upper right corner? 

4 minutes ago, Ck207 said:

Shell, What do we do without you? :) :)

Ha ha ha, but I didn't answer the whole question, best person would be to ask is @espared12 they visit Mexico each weekend and on an i551 stamp if memory serves me correct, they are also the ones is started the January ROC 2017 thread. :)

4 minutes ago, Mad rabbit said:

Wow, that would be great. But they have that new type now called “real ID”. Looks same as regular DL but different logo on the upper right corner. I believe beginning  from 2020 you won’t be able to use your regular DL/ID for flights within US. It will have to be “Real ID”. And in order to get that, you have to make appointment at DMV. Regular DL should have “federal limits apply” on the upper right corner. 

Funnily enough I just received a card in the mail about that, Pennsylvania are going to be compliant by 2019. 

51 minutes ago, Mad rabbit said:

different states have different notations on the drive license 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, shell20 said:

Ha ha ha, but I didn't answer the whole question, best person would be to ask is @espared12 they visit Mexico each weekend and on an i551 stamp if memory serves me correct, they are also the ones is started the January ROC 2017 thread. :)

Funnily enough I just received a card in the mail about that, Pennsylvania are going to be compliant by 2019. 

Hi Shell, how you been? any update on your case? Regards. 

1 minute ago, Name O Boy said:

Hi Shell, how you been? any update on your case? Regards. 

No nothing right now, not expecting it until next week around the 26th. What about you any updates?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, shell20 said:

No nothing right now, not expecting it until next week around the 26th. What about you any updates?

I see. I am kinda confused. The old website which is uscis.dhs.gov says they have scheduled me for my interview and will mail me the notice. The newly updated website of USCIS says we reviewed your biometrics and the egov.uscis.gov websites telling me they are actively reviewing my case. Having said that my GC third anniversary is in 2 months. I wonder which website to believe :huh:

Timeline
1 hour ago, shell20 said:

Thanks Shell, I cant contact @espared12 I think he/she set the profile private. Also, his original country is Mexico so I dont think he/she needs a visa anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

I see. I am kinda confused. The old website which is uscis.dhs.gov says they have scheduled me for my interview and will mail me the notice. The newly updated website of USCIS says we reviewed your biometrics and the egov.uscis.gov websites telling me they are actively reviewing my case. Having said that my GC third anniversary is in 2 months. I wonder which website to believe :huh:

Now I am kind of confused as its early to get an interview unless its a ROC one?

9 minutes ago, Ck207 said:

Thanks Shell, I cant contact @espared12 I think he/she set the profile private. Also, his original country is Mexico so I dont think he/she needs a visa anyway. 

Its a she and one is from Mexico but the other isn't.  Hmm,  let me see if I can find any details for you.

11 minutes ago, Ck207 said:

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/us-mexico-passport-travel-requirements-21010.html

Timeline
1 minute ago, shell20 said:

Now I am kind of confused as its early to get an interview unless its a ROC one?

It's the website which is only exclusive for naturalization not for ROC. This website tracks the naturalization application only.  This the website link https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Just now, Name O Boy said:

It's the website which is only exclusive for naturalization not for ROC. This website tracks the naturalization application only.  This the website link https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Well then its normally a joint interview if you have an outstanding ROC case, as they cant approve N400 without approving ROC. I wonder if your N400 triggered the interview for both? Its great news though, hopefully you can access that interview letter in a few hours. You're very lucky as its rare to get notice before a month before your 3rd anniversary. :)  Have you tried the automated phone line to check your case status? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I went to combo interview today and it is the worst day of my life. N 400 interview went well. And the IO then did the ROC interview. She blamed me for N 400 filing which force her to make decision on ROC. She asked me a lot of questions and some  that I have never expected like address of my landlord, the source of money from joint account. She asked why we have much money only (27k) while my husband got 30K a year. I told her that he keep it for years and did not spend much money. I actually did not understand what she wanted. She then called my husband and ask, he replied that it’s joint account and we keep it together. The IO said one of us lied. And then sent me back home said that she’s not satisfied and it’s money laundering. We did not answered wrong or lie but it’s our money we keep for long time. I don’t know what to say to make her happy. 

If I got deported, we both would go back my country. No more hope for this country :(

AOS from K1

04/04/14 - USCIS received date

04/08/14 - Fingerprint fee accepted

04/09/14 - USCIS Noa1 notice date and check cashed next day

04/11/14 - Got text/e-mail notification for I-485, I-131 and I-765 at 1:09 a.m. & check cleared in the morning

05/06/14 - Fingerprint done

06/12/14 - EAD card production date & AP approval date

06/20/14 - Received EAD/AP Combo card in hand + text/email notice for delivery status :lol:

07/14/14 - Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver case dated 07/10/14

02/24/15 - Renewal EAD/AP Noa Date

03/18/15 - Requested help from Ombudsman

03/19/15 - One fingerprint done for EAD renewal

03/25/15 - Requested help from Senator

04/01/15 - Case has been transferred to field office in Columbus, Ohio

04/09/15 - Card was ordered

04/16/15 - Card mailed

04/18/15 - Received GC in hands finally! (no welcome notice)

ROC

02/21/17 - Sent package to VSC

02/23/17 - Package delivered 

03/30/17 - Finger print done

N 400

01/10/18 - Online application sent

01/11/18 - NOA Receipt PDF posted online

01/13/18 - Biometrics appointment scheduled status (wait for PDF)

01/13/18 - NOA Receipt delivered

01/16/18 - Biometrics appointment scheduled PDF uploaded

02/01/18 - Fingerprint done (get text & email alert but no update + estimated time changed to 4 months)

02/02/18 - Case status changed to We review your biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.