TBoneTX

I-751 February 2017 Filers, Part II

2,305 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2018 at 7:15 AM, OshunMY said:

Good to know things are moving for us. I got an RFE. Sigh. Did anyone else get an RFE? I'm feeling a little down, and just wanted some support through this process if anyone can share their experience with RFE. Or direct me somewhere to get advice and tips on RFE. Thank you.

And congrats to those who got approved. :-)

What did they request?   I did not get an RFE

but we were simple.  I'd adopted the kids 

We sent pages and page of photos.

I sent 2 years filed tax returns

Mariage Lic, 

Paystubs for both of us 

I sent our joint bank statements

Facebook photos

I sent the kitchen sink.  

We submitted in Feb 2017

and in Feb 2018 I finished the adoption of the kids here in San Diego and the state of California.

I am happy to report that my plan worked.  I did not want to pay $560 for a new card and name change. So I sent to the Nebraska service center a letter and all the new documents for the name change

and they did it!  We got our notices in the mail and they already had the kids names changed.  Wifes already was. 

So,  now we just need updated Mexican Passports and we are good.

4 hours ago, badouba18 said:

Good Morning Guys 

I am a february 2017 filer. Just Got this update from USCIS. This is going to be a joint interview since I have a pending ROC as well.

I filed N-400 back in february 2018, did my fingerprint on March 19. 

Wish me good luck guys. 

image.png.d70dfcfae8422bba222ca7df3a4625c3.png

Congrats!  You're almost done.

4 hours ago, mymarley said:

finally exactly 17mos. we are now approved under csc feb 21 2017 filed

Congrats!

11 minutes ago, lovehebebo said:

Got letter yesterday and got my 10 year Green card today in the mail! 

Congrats!!!

Which Office ?

On 7/21/2018 at 6:09 PM, AnGeLxX said:

You could let your husband dad and your friend write that up in a notarized affidavit.

They wanted to see evidence of mortgages or utility bills in both our names. We both don't have these. So we wrote a letter explaining our situation why we don't have it. We had a few family members writing an affidavit and they also got it notarized. 

We got the exact RFE letter. I just wrote back and explain the stuffs we don't have, tried to follow their format. And say something nice at the end like we appreciate your help in adjuncating this application blah blah blah. Show some appreciate you know. I would send a lot more pictures, and also have friends and family write affidavits. We got approved about 6 weeks after we sent a response. Good luck!

An update for those trawling through the boards for similar information.

My case was filed February 23 2017 (or received that date) in the California office.

On June 6th 2018 I got a notification my case was being transferred to the local office in Texas.

Yesterday (July 23rd 2018) I received a NOA letter in the mail letting me know i was approved and my 10 Yr GreenCard was being produced. I received no email, or text notifications and on the website it still only has the move to Texas office listed.

I assume that the Texas office isn't as equipped to update the online component.

Since it took so long, I got an I-551 stamp in my passport a few months ago (when my extension letter expired), in order to work and leave the country.

Edited by Kristen-Matt

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Check my N400 today and it says this. Does it mean they are working on it since they cant provide an update? 

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 10.29.56 AM.png

I129F sent : 20/12/2013

I129f received: 26/1/2013

NOA1 notification: 01/01/2014 heart.gifheart.gif

Alien registration number changed :03/01/2014

NOA2 notification: 04/02/2014

Case number: 14/02/2014heart.gifheart.gif

Embassy recieved: 19/02/2014

Fee paid: 26/02/2014

P3 recieved: 03/03/2014

P3 sent: 04/03/2014

Interview day : 07/05/2014goofy.gifgoofy.gif

On 7/23/2018 at 2:22 PM, GorDog62 said:

What did they request?   I did not get an RFE

but we were simple.  I'd adopted the kids 

We sent pages and page of photos.

I sent 2 years filed tax returns

Mariage Lic, 

Paystubs for both of us 

I sent our joint bank statements

Facebook photos

I sent the kitchen sink.  

How did you send the photos? Did you get them printed individually or compile them on a document to send? Thanks!

18 hours ago, ilovemacaron said:

We got the exact RFE letter. I just wrote back and explain the stuffs we don't have, tried to follow their format. And say something nice at the end like we appreciate your help in adjuncating this application blah blah blah. Show some appreciate you know. I would send a lot more pictures, and also have friends and family write affidavits. We got approved about 6 weeks after we sent a response. Good luck!

How did you send the photos? Did you get them printed individually or compile them on a document to send? Thanks!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, badouba18 said:

Hi, I think you will get an update soon. I got an interview notice 2 days ago for my N-400, I have a pending ROC as well. If my memory serves me well,our timeline is close. 

Good Luck

did your status also change like that? 

Timeline

I am in Seattle guys. If so many people get it, i think it is just a glitch. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.