TBoneTX

I-751 February 2017 Filers, Part II

2,305 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, hakuna-matata said:

I've been a long time lurker of this board. I feel that it's my duty to let you all know...... MY CARD IS  SHIPPED!!!!

AND my application has been sitting at CSC. so for those who are lost, hopefully this will give you some sort of estimate on when you're application will be approved. 

Some details:

02/17/17 - sent in my app

02/26/18 - received an update that my application was transferred to my local office

(no other updates in between)

07/19/18 - got an alert that my card has been mailed

Congrats!

8 hours ago, OshunMY said:

Good to know. Thank you so much for responding!

It says: "You provided some evidence of marital bona fides. However, the documentation submitted is insufficient because it does not establish the comingling of assets, joint financial responsibilities and evidence of co-habilitation for the duration of the marriage. The bank statements submitted do not reflect household expenses being paid from this account, such as rent and utilities. To establish eligibility for removal of conditions on status, please submit additional evidence to show that you and your spouse entered the marriage in good faith and continue to share a life together. The evidence may include, but is not limited to the following:"

And then it made a list of suggestions. We lived with my husband's dad in the first year, and then we moved in with a friend in the second year, so we don't have joint property or rent. Can you please share with me about your RFE? What did you send? Any suggestions for me? 

You could let your husband dad and your friend write that up in a notarized affidavit.

6 hours ago, danyi said:

what extra evidence you submitted to them?

They wanted to see evidence of mortgages or utility bills in both our names. We both don't have these. So we wrote a letter explaining our situation why we don't have it. We had a few family members writing an affidavit and they also got it notarized. 

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

3 hours ago, AnGeLxX said:

You could let your husband dad and your friend write that up in a notarized affidavit.

They wanted to see evidence of mortgages or utility bills in both our names. We both don't have these. So we wrote a letter explaining our situation why we don't have it. We had a few family members writing an affidavit and they also got it notarized. 

Is there a particular format to follow for the affidavit? And how did you get it notarized? Thanks for answering my questions!

53 minutes ago, OshunMY said:

Is there a particular format to follow for the affidavit? And how did you get it notarized? Thanks for answering my questions!

I used the one from here, see this link: http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

They got it notarized at a bank and one family member had someone at work that could do it. 

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

So actually, our dad filed a joint petition for a removal of conditions for our green card as a family. He received his green card just yesterday, but, us his kids, received an RFE. I don't get it. Should we send them a photocopy of our dad's green card or something?

Hi everyone! I am new here and I would like to share my timeline with you. I am also filed N-400 (April 2018)

THis is my case history. THe strange thing that I never received the letter of May 3rd I have the letter only of May, 1st and I requested it during my phone call to the USCIS and never received anything else((( I wish good luck to everyone here!

Снимок экрана 2018-07-22 в 17.45.09.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, xilef said:

Congrats @mymarley , what was your NOA1 date ? Also, were you transferred to any other field office ?

feb 21 2017 was my noa1 date and not transferred just local office notice dated feb 26 2018.. this is our month feb filers...:D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, lovehebebo said:

Got my approval letter today!

Says congratulations! You request of ...has been approved!

Blah blah blah.

Weird they didn't even update the online status. I was surprised to get that letter today, I was so anxious when I saw it was from the USCIS.

Oh they received my case Feb 02, 2017. IF that helps

me too my uscis account no update too just dhs account..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.