TBoneTX

I-751 February 2017 Filers, Part II

2,305 posts in this topic

Just now, PositiveThinker said:

yeah i think so too. my case is still pending AS OF JUNE 11, 2018 so i guess i am getting one. 

You may not as you are a joint filer, not sure about joint filers they don't seem to mention them.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
6 minutes ago, shell20 said:

Very interesting and yes anyone who has an outstanding case as from 11th of June (I think they said) will get one.

No I think its for outstanding ones too.  Additionally, we will issue new Form I-797 receipt notices to eligible conditional permanent residents whose Form I-751 or I-829 was still pending as of June 11, 2018. Those Form I-797 receipt notices will also serve as evidence of continued status for 18 months past the expiration date on petitioner’s Permanent Resident Card.

Yes, you are right I misread that part. Thanks for the correction. 

18 minutes ago, shell20 said:

You may not as you are a joint filer, not sure about joint filers they don't seem to mention them.

yeah i guess it would not make any difference if i get one or not, but i was hoping it would make my travel abroad little bit easier since some airlines and newbie immigration officers seem to get confused with only I 551 stamp on your passport. (my home country immigration officer was really skeptical and confused when i showed my extension letter ) so imagine showing some stamp to an uninformed officer. lol     since i don't have my GC i wanna be" as EXTRA ASSURED as possible" ...   :energy::P

Edited by PositiveThinker

24 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Yes, you are right I misread that part. Thanks for the correction. 

Not a problem friend. :)

9 minutes ago, PositiveThinker said:

yeah i guess it would not make any difference if i get one or not, but i was hoping it would make my travel abroad little bit easier since some airlines and newbie immigration officers seem to get confused with only I 551 stamp on your passport. (my home country immigration officer was really skeptical and confused when i showed my extension letter ) so imagine showing some stamp to an uninformed officer. lol     since i don't have my GC i wanna be" as EXTRA ASSURED as possible" ...   :energy::P

Even when you are EXTRA ASSURED, like I was, you still run into problems.  For the first time in 4 years and as I travel two or three times a year to England I ran into problems at the airport as my GC was not the same name as my passport (my passport is in my maiden name). I showed a copy of my marriage certificate but apparently that wasn't good enough they had to ring TSA.  Then they muttered something about having to change my name on my passport within 6 months, which I replied poppy c-ck! 

Just now, Name O Boy said:

It means I would have to cancel my next week infopass appointment. Since USCIS will be sending me a new extension letter. 

Not sure if that will apply to joint filers and you are a joint filer. Hopefully you will get an interview notification very shortly. 

Timeline
Just now, shell20 said:

Not sure if that will apply to joint filers and you are a joint filer. Hopefully you will get an interview notification very shortly. 

Yeah, you may be right about that. It made me so confused right now. Even if I get an interview notification sometime around June 20 to June 25 the process would still take 2 months minimum to complete. Can't wait to be over with this process Dear Queen :P

1 minute ago, Name O Boy said:

Yeah, you may be right about that. It made me so confused right now. Even if I get an interview notification sometime around June 20 to June 25 the process would still take 2 months minimum to complete. Can't wait to be over with this process Dear Queen :P

Well not necessarily so, but highly likely. The only reason I say not necessarily so is that I read in Feb filers yesterday that a woman has an interview and then straight after the ceremony. However thinking about it if its a joint interview then the ROC will have to be approved before the ceremony.  It also depends on your field offices ceremonies, how often they are, I think mine are every 3rd Friday of the month, but I think some field offices have them weekly.

Timeline
32 minutes ago, shell20 said:

Well not necessarily so, but highly likely. The only reason I say not necessarily so is that I read in Feb filers yesterday that a woman has an interview and then straight after the ceremony. However thinking about it if its a joint interview then the ROC will have to be approved before the ceremony.  It also depends on your field offices ceremonies, how often they are, I think mine are every 3rd Friday of the month, but I think some field offices have them weekly.

Mainly there are two types of naturalization ceremonies one is judicial and other is administrative. In Portland the Judicial oath ceremonies are held once a month, every third Thursday of the month. You might be naturalized on the day of your naturalization interview if your field office does same day oath ceremony which is the administrative one.  

Edited by Name O Boy

Good evening my friends

I have a quick question to those who already filed N400

Do I have to put in N400 application the exact travel dates? I cant find ticket of my travel back home in 2015 :( and do they need exact date? or estimate would be fine?

Thank you soo much

K1

16 August 2013 - I-129F sent to TSC

19 August 2013 - packet received

21 Augist 2013 - NOA1 received

16 September 2013 - Alien registration number changed

30 September 2013 - RFE

25 October 2013 - RFE reply

31 October 2013 - NOA2 received

22 November 2013 - packet shipped to NVC

29 November 2013 - NVC received

3 December 2013 - Packet left NVC

11 December 2013 - Physical packet received by Consulate
26 December 2013 - Interview APPROVED
31 December 2013 -Entry to US
------
AOS
27 February 2014 - Packet sent by FeDex
4 March 2014 - NOA1
28 March 2014 - Biometrics Captured
7 April 2015 - Approved, Card received
------
ROC I-751
21 February 2017 - I-751 Package mailed by USPS
24 February 2017 - Package Delivered
3 March 2017        - Money Order Cashed
6 March 2017       - NOA1 Received in mail dated 27 February
17 March 2017     - Biometrics appointment letter received, appont. 31 March
27 March 2018     - RFE
26 May  2018       - Approval
29 May 2018        - Card arrived in Mail
------
N-400
12 March 2019     - Filed Online
12 March 2019     - NOA1
5 April 2019         - Biometrics Appointment 

39 minutes ago, ivanalex1980 said:

Good evening my friends

Do I have to put in N400 application the exact travel dates? I cant find ticket of my travel back home in 2015 :( and do they need exact date? or estimate would be fine?

Thank you soo much

You can get them online i94 (I think that what it is called) It will show all your trips in and out of the country with dates.

2 hours ago, ivanalex1980 said:

Good evening my friends

Thank you soo much

We used passport stamps.

If all of us who still have cases outstanding are getting another extension letter, that would be great.

I went for my INFOPASS today, and the officer would not give me a passport stamp because my letter runs out 9/28/18. BUT I am not able to change the name on my driver's license because the BMV thinks my GC is expired. 

On the bright side, my case is now in Texas. Anyone know how long that takes?

8 minutes ago, wabbajack said:

If all of us who still have cases outstanding are getting another extension letter, that would be great.

I went for my INFOPASS today, and the officer would not give me a passport stamp because my letter runs out 9/28/18. BUT I am not able to change the name on my driver's license because the BMV thinks my GC is expired. 

On the bright side, my case is now in Texas. Anyone know how long that takes?

I think they state on the transfer letter around 6 weeks. Any one can chip in if they know what the letter says and the length of time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.