TBoneTX

I-751 February 2017 Filers, Part II

2,305 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, thilimaa said:

Hey guys, 

I haven't posted in awhile because the last update that we got on our I-751 was Feb 26th, 2018 saying that "Case Was Received At My Local Office" - which happened 104 days ago. I noticed through the app that A LOT of people got transferred to another office on June 6th with the update "Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction" but our case did not get transferred - actually, there are only a handful of cases from the day that I applied that did not get transferred even though when I check other dates, this pattern doesn't seem to happen. I guess I am wondering if there are more people in the same situation here.

Also, I guess I should mention that I applied for N-400 on April 20th, 2018 and got a passport stamp during the first week of May just in case I ever need that to renew my drivers license or something else.

I am wondering if people who applied for the N-400 with the I-751 pending didn't get transferred because we are waiting for a combo interview or maybe if the fact that I got a passport stamp changes anything. I had my biometrics appointment for the N-400 5 days after applying and haven't received an update yet which is to be expected since San Jose, CA is my field office and the website says that it should take about 9.5 months.

Anyone else in the same situation or with an input?

Thanks!

If its a joint filing it normally is transferred to NBC as they are the ones who appoint interviews and it will mostly likely be a joint interview if a decision has not been made. 

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

53 minutes ago, StewandKeba said:

Transferred to Texas Service Center.

Excellent news, hopefully be done within 6 weeks 😀

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
2 minutes ago, StewandKeba said:

I hope so!

did you get a letter or online notice?

Edited by CharlieBrown

I-751

ROC SENT:.......11/20/2017

NOA: ................01/12/2017

BIO.: .................26/12/2017

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all 

I got my transfer notice on March 15 2018. Transfer to Nebraska. Does any one know processing times? Has any one from California Service Center been approved as yet??? 

Congrats to all who have been approved and good luck to all of us who haven’t as yet. 

4 minutes ago, byrd_75 said:

Hey all 

I got my transfer notice on March 15 2018. Transfer to Nebraska. Does any one know processing times? Has any one from California Service Center been approved as yet??? 

Congrats to all who have been approved and good luck to all of us who haven’t as yet. 

From what I heard from ppl, they said 6-8 weeks. But since yours has been transferred since March, I guess that info isn't completely correct. And i dont think we can check the processing time for it though. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, tl89 said:

From what I heard from ppl, they said 6-8 weeks. But since yours has been transferred since March, I guess that info isn't completely correct. And i dont think we can check the processing time for it though. 

Has anyone else waited this long for a response? It has been about 8 weeks for me. I did get an email this week stating that it has not been worked on since March 15. Urgh! 

58 minutes ago, byrd_75 said:

Has anyone else waited this long for a response? It has been about 8 weeks for me. I did get an email this week stating that it has not been worked on since March 15. Urgh! 

how did you get an email? i didnt receive anything.

even now, when i check on the uscis website with the receipt number, it didn't state anything about the transferring while the other receipt number state it had been transferred. Is it weird? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, tl89 said:

how did you get an email? i didnt receive anything.

even now, when i check on the uscis website with the receipt number, it didn't state anything about the transferring while the other receipt number state it had been transferred. Is it weird? 

I signed up for updates when I created an account on USCIS.gov. So I got an email stating that my file has not been touched since March 15. 

Dont know if its weird. but I  Don’t really think it’s weird. You probably were transferred, I do believe one receipt is the biometrics and the other is the removal of conditions. 

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/update-form-i-797-receipt-notices-form-i-751-and-form-i-829

hrmmm Interesting...

does this mean those who have a pending I751 case will receive a second extension letter?  My first one is already expired and got the i551 stamp valid for 12 monhts.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
9 minutes ago, PositiveThinker said:

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/update-form-i-797-receipt-notices-form-i-751-and-form-i-829

hrmmm Interesting...

does this mean those who have a pending I751 case will receive a second extension letter?  My first one is already expired and got the i551 stamp valid for 12 monhts.

No, this is for the new applicants. 

9 minutes ago, PositiveThinker said:

hrmmm Interesting...

Very interesting and yes anyone who has an outstanding case as from 11th of June (I think they said) will get one.

Just now, Name O Boy said:

No, this is for the new applicants. 

No I think its for outstanding ones too.  Additionally, we will issue new Form I-797 receipt notices to eligible conditional permanent residents whose Form I-751 or I-829 was still pending as of June 11, 2018. Those Form I-797 receipt notices will also serve as evidence of continued status for 18 months past the expiration date on petitioner’s Permanent Resident Card.

3 minutes ago, shell20 said:

Very interesting and yes anyone who has an outstanding case as from 11th of June (I think they said) will get one.

No I think its for outstanding ones too.  Additionally, we will issue new Form I-797 receipt notices to eligible conditional permanent residents whose Form I-751 or I-829 was still pending as of June 11, 2018. Those Form I-797 receipt notices will also serve as evidence of continued status for 18 months past the expiration date on petitioner’s Permanent Resident Card.

yeah i think so too. my case is still pending AS OF JUNE 11, 2018 so i guess i am getting one. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.