TBoneTX

I-751 February 2017 Filers, Part II

2,305 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

Hey there.. I'm also from brazil, filing in Portland.. did you get a "transfered to local office" before transfered to nebraska? 

Hello! Wow, small world, lol!

Yes, I got the local office update a couple of times but it actually doesn't mean much, only that our files have been moved within the same building, per say.

The one about Nebraska was the only real, meaningful one for they sent me a notice by snail mail in the beginning of April. 

You might hear from them anytime soon, fingers crossed! 

Cheers!

Shame it's going to take at least 3 months even after my application is moved to Nebraska (assuming it is, no idea from the email update). I've scheduled an INFOpass appointment because the local DMV won't let me change my address on my license without an unexpired green card. Yes, I tried explaining the green card is not expired, but that doesn't work.

53 minutes ago, wabbajack said:

Shame it's going to take at least 3 months even after my application is moved to Nebraska (assuming it is, no idea from the email update). I've scheduled an INFOpass appointment because the local DMV won't let me change my address on my license without an unexpired green card. Yes, I tried explaining the green card is not expired, but that doesn't work.

They will take your current green card and give you a new paper I-551   take new passport photos with you as they will require it. (trust me.. just did it in San Diego) and we had to walk around downtown and find a place to get them done. Thankfully she allowed us back in for our apt and got our new I-551 Visas     They will extend it for another year from that date.

10 minutes ago, GorDog62 said:

They will take your current green card and give you a new paper I-551   take new passport photos with you as they will require it. (trust me.. just did it in San Diego) and we had to walk around downtown and find a place to get them done. Thankfully she allowed us back in for our apt and got our new I-551 Visas     They will extend it for another year from that date.

Not exactly true, they do that if your passport is expired or lost. Normally they will just stamp your passport and you don't need photographs, they do take your conditional GC, but this again is not all the time. The extension stamp can also be different some stamp for 6 months, some for a year.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

8 minutes ago, shell20 said:

Not exactly true, they do that if your passport is expired or lost. Normally they will just stamp your passport and you don't need photographs, they do take your conditional GC, but this again is not all the time. The extension stamp can also be different some stamp for 6 months, some for a year.

"without an unexpired green card"   Its expired.. so they will take it.  I was in shock when they took them. I just figured they would stamp the letter we all got with the 1 year extension.   My wife used that last year and got another 2 years on her CDL.   Not sure why they cannot just red stamp and sign a 1 year ext on the existing letter.. Be so simple.. but nooooo they take your Green Card and give you a new PAPER visa..  

We had just adopted the kids and they County gave us new birth certificates and I wanted to get Social Security to change name And they would not. As the new PAPER visa was issued AFTER the adoption if Feb.  Had I has the old Green card that was issued "before" the adoption. Social Security would do the name change.  I feel like a dumb ### dog chasing my tail.  Cant wait for this poop show to be over. 

My next and final step is to get the kids citizenship. It is automatic with the adoption.  I just need to pay $1024 each to get it done. 

Wife doesnt care. She doesnt want to become a citizen yet. Maybe in a few years.  

1 minute ago, GorDog62 said:

"without an unexpired green card"   Its expired.. so they will take it.  I was in shock when they took them. I just figured they would stamp the letter we all got with the 1 year extension.   My wife used that last year and got another 2 years on her CDL.   Not sure why they cannot just red stamp and sign a 1 year ext on the existing letter.. Be so simple.. but nooooo they take your Green Card and give you a new PAPER visa..  

We had just adopted the kids and they County gave us new birth certificates and I wanted to get Social Security to change name And they would not. As the new PAPER visa was issued AFTER the adoption if Feb.  Had I has the old Green card that was issued "before" the adoption. Social Security would do the name change.  I feel like a dumb ### dog chasing my tail.  Cant wait for this poop show to be over. 

My next and final step is to get the kids citizenship. It is automatic with the adoption.  I just need to pay $1024 each to get it done. 

Wife doesnt care. She doesnt want to become a citizen yet. Maybe in a few years.  

With or without an expired GC they normally stamp your passport if it is current and some take the card away, others don't, I don't know why the procedure is different with different offices and officers but there is no consistency.. I don't understand why they would stamp your wifes extension letter, that is quite bizarre. I do have a letter from the manager of a field office when I lost my card to say that either bring in my unexpired passport to stamp or if its expired/lost/stolen to bring in two passport style photos and they will put it on a card.  So I am just wondering why they did not put it on your passport, perhaps a trainee or something?

On 6/7/2018 at 9:19 AM, wabbajack said:

How long did it take for your case to be approved after that? Were you called for interview or anything?

We filed end of Feb 2017 and still waiting for approval, no interview so far.

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

On 6/7/2018 at 10:58 AM, JReed said:

Congrats! 

I'm still waiting...64 days since transferred to Nebraska...*sigh*

Anyway, I am glad you are done with this nonsense! Cheers!

Mine was transferred May 10... As i heard from others, it should take up to 2 months. I guess there's no timeline for it and it sucks that we can't even track the processing time. 

On 6/7/2018 at 12:00 PM, shell20 said:

Congratulations!! Enjoy, so happy for you! :)

Thank you so much :)

i cant believe it is over :)))

K1

16 August 2013 - I-129F sent to TSC

19 August 2013 - packet received

21 Augist 2013 - NOA1 received

16 September 2013 - Alien registration number changed

30 September 2013 - RFE

25 October 2013 - RFE reply

31 October 2013 - NOA2 received

22 November 2013 - packet shipped to NVC

29 November 2013 - NVC received

3 December 2013 - Packet left NVC

11 December 2013 - Physical packet received by Consulate
26 December 2013 - Interview APPROVED
31 December 2013 -Entry to US
------
AOS
27 February 2014 - Packet sent by FeDex
4 March 2014 - NOA1
28 March 2014 - Biometrics Captured
7 April 2015 - Approved, Card received
------
ROC I-751
21 February 2017 - I-751 Package mailed by USPS
24 February 2017 - Package Delivered
3 March 2017        - Money Order Cashed
6 March 2017       - NOA1 Received in mail dated 27 February
17 March 2017     - Biometrics appointment letter received, appont. 31 March
27 March 2018     - RFE
26 May  2018       - Approval
29 May 2018        - Card arrived in Mail
------
N-400
12 March 2019     - Filed Online
12 March 2019     - NOA1
5 April 2019         - Biometrics Appointment 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
15 hours ago, JReed said:

Hello! Wow, small world, lol!

Yes, I got the local office update a couple of times but it actually doesn't mean much, only that our files have been moved within the same building, per say.

The one about Nebraska was the only real, meaningful one for they sent me a notice by snail mail in the beginning of April. 

You might hear from them anytime soon, fingers crossed! 

Cheers!

oh I hope so, but my NOA is December 2017... such a long wait

I-751

ROC SENT:.......11/20/2017

NOA: ................01/12/2017

BIO.: .................26/12/2017

2 hours ago, StewandKeba said:

Transferred and new office has jurisdiction. What does this mean? Anyone?

Depends on your circumstances. Did you file a joint ROC/N400? If so it could have been transferred to NBC for an interview to be arranged.  Could also mean its been transferred to Nebraska or Texas, a field office, not sure it means it went from the warehouse upstairs though as I think if memory serves me correct that normally just says case transferred to local office or something. Any one who knows more can step in and correct me, if this is not the case.  At the end of the day it means your case has been transferred in some way and that is the first step of movement. Good luck, hope you have a speedy approval! :)

February 2017 CSC ROC filer here. We got two notifications this week about "transferring to the local office" which made it three so far since we got the extension letter. We heard that Nashville Field Office had opened up for appointments a month or two ago so we're hoping not to have to drive to Memphis (about three hours difference) when/if an interview occurs. We also knew that this meant it could be nothing more than someone dusting off a file and moving it to another stack.

Then today we got a mailed notification that our case had been transferred to the Texas Service Center. No timelines anywhere that I can find on how long that will take.

Does anyone have any ideas on timelines now that our case is in Texas? 

Such a wacko system. You'd think someone in California would be embarrassed by Nebraska's timelines.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys, 

I haven't posted in awhile because the last update that we got on our I-751 was Feb 26th, 2018 saying that "Case Was Received At My Local Office" - which happened 104 days ago. I noticed through the app that A LOT of people got transferred to another office on June 6th with the update "Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction" but our case did not get transferred - actually, there are only a handful of cases from the day that I applied that did not get transferred even though when I check other dates, this pattern doesn't seem to happen. I guess I am wondering if there are more people in the same situation here.

Also, I guess I should mention that I applied for N-400 on April 20th, 2018 and got a passport stamp during the first week of May just in case I ever need that to renew my drivers license or something else.

I am wondering if people who applied for the N-400 with the I-751 pending didn't get transferred because we are waiting for a combo interview or maybe if the fact that I got a passport stamp changes anything. I had my biometrics appointment for the N-400 5 days after applying and haven't received an update yet which is to be expected since San Jose, CA is my field office and the website says that it should take about 9.5 months.

Anyone else in the same situation or with an input?

Thanks!

Edited by thilimaa

Thiago and Alexis

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.