TBoneTX

I-751 February 2017 Filers, Part II

2,305 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gambia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ash_2017 said:

What does it mean if it says, Case Was Received At My Local Office.

Does it mean they will schedule an interview? or it means we are very close to getting a GC

It means exactly what it says. Case is at your local office that serves your address where you live. Yes if you have an application that requires interview, expect and interview letter or RFE or approval notice. But your case is almost near completion. 

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 2:29 PM, erinandahmet said:

I am wondering the same thing. Even though I got those updates saying it was received at the local office, our case was never actually transferred and is still in CSC. It seems like the people whose cases were transferred have gotten approved, but not anyone still at CSC. The dates I see are November & December maybe  1 or 2  January. 

I am not sure about that, I don't know if i have seen very many cases that have been transferred to local office and they got processed faster. I would assume, transferring means more work and local offices must have their own backlogs

14 minutes ago, Ash_2017 said:

I am not sure about that, I don't know if i have seen very many cases that have been transferred to local office and they got processed faster. I would assume, transferring means more work and local offices must have their own backlogs

I heard the same thing but don't know if it's true about faster processing. Hopefully it's true cuz mine was transferred to, in May 10 but I haven't received any updates yet. Ppl said it would take up to 90 days.

On 6/1/2018 at 2:29 PM, erinandahmet said:

I am wondering the same thing. Even though I got those updates saying it was received at the local office, our case was never actually transferred and is still in CSC. It seems like the people whose cases were transferred have gotten approved, but not anyone still at CSC. The dates I see are November & December maybe  1 or 2  January. 

Mine was transferred to NSC but when I checked online with the receipt number, it didn't say anything about the transferring. If i check with the other receipt number, it does say about the transferring. So I'm confused as well. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Haji delco said:

It means exactly what it says. Case is at your local office that serves your address where you live. Yes if you have an application that requires interview, expect and interview letter or RFE or approval notice. But your case is almost near completion. 

Nope. If a case was in VSC or CSC transferring to local office means nothing. It could mean that dusty papers were taken from the basement or moved between floors in a service center. If it says something about jurisdiction it means that it was transferred to another center for example NBC. In any case when the papers are transferred petitioner receives NOA soon after that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ash_2017 said:

If a case is actually transferred it says it is under a new jurisdiction and you will receive a physical letter. There have been cases transferred to Texas and Nebraska, which have gotten approved. It seems to be about 1 to 2 months after the transfer. Cases that have also filed N-400 are normally transferred to NBC, who preps it for local interviews. 

However, there are  a ton of cases that say "received at local office" and that means nothing. It is basically an interoffice transfer or that someone touched your case. CSC is processing from September 2016 to January 2017. 

When I look at the 100 cases around my case number, it is about 50/ 50 as far as local office vs. new jurisdiction. About 5 approvals. 

If a case is literally transferred to the local office then you would be getting an interview, but again there should be some kind of notice in the mail. 

1 hour ago, erinandahmet said:

If a case is actually transferred it says it is under a new jurisdiction and you will receive a physical letter. There have been cases transferred to Texas and Nebraska, which have gotten approved. It seems to be about 1 to 2 months after the transfer. Cases that have also filed N-400 are normally transferred to NBC, who preps it for local interviews. 

However, there are  a ton of cases that say "received at local office" and that means nothing. It is basically an interoffice transfer or that someone touched your case. CSC is processing from September 2016 to January 2017. 

When I look at the 100 cases around my case number, it is about 50/ 50 as far as local office vs. new jurisdiction. About 5 approvals. 

If a case is literally transferred to the local office then you would be getting an interview, but again there should be some kind of notice in the mail. 

I am late to this party, how do we check the cases around ours?

My case was finally touched, but the update doesn't really give me any information. It doesn't say which office it got transferred to (another service center or field office). I updated my address recently and requested an INFOPASS appointment for next week, so this should be interesting timing.

image.png.b3b852dd6118ab23e5a891d9030f1ecc.png

I just got an email from USCIS last night saying...  Anybody else receive this or know approximately how much longer from this point? Kinda getting excited again! Can't wait to see what the mailed notice has to say!!

Your Case Status: Initial Review 

On June 5, 2018, we transferred your Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE, Receipt Number WAC********

, to another office for processing and sent you a transfer notice. The notice explains why we transferred your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by July 5, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition. 

23 minutes ago, BenjaRu said:

I just got an email from USCIS last night saying...  Anybody else receive this or know approximately how much longer from this point? Kinda getting excited again! Can't wait to see what the mailed notice has to say!!

I think that is the same message we received, when we got the notice in the mail it said the case was transferred to the Nebraska office.

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

15 minutes ago, Jo Së said:

I think that is the same message we received, when we got the notice in the mail it said the case was transferred to the Nebraska office.

OK, good to know, thank you!

Did you have to do biometrics again? I just did mine for the 2nd time in March 2017 after I'd first submitted the I-751, so hopefully they don't think my fingerprints have changed again!!! I have to drive a bit over 2 hours to do it-_-

4 hours ago, Jo Së said:

So our applications are just following the same pattern as yours?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.