Girona40

Judge Denies Marriage License

200 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline
Bullsh!t. The guy gets a shot at a visa where before he had NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH, no shot at all...just because he married an American. Convenient, isn't it?

Did they get rid of the K-1? Why didn't anyone tell me??

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Bullsh!t. The guy gets a shot at a visa where before he had NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH, no shot at all...just because he married an American. Convenient, isn't it?

That wouldn't apply here. The guy was already in the country...illegally...so he couldn't apply for a K-1. Durrrrrrrrr.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Timeline

That wouldn't apply here. The guy was already in the country...illegally...so he couldn't apply for a K-1. Durrrrrrrrr.

LOL yes he could. All they would have had to do would have been send in the I-129F and show up in Juarez for the interview. Tons of people have done it. DURRRRR

I love when people try to tell me what we did can't be done...particularly after we already went through the whole process...but not like I know what I'm talking about or anything LMAO

-Oscar the Grouch

LOL yes he could. All they would have had to do would have been send in the I-129F and show up in Juarez for the interview. Tons of people have done it. DURRRRR

And it would have been denied. Durrrrrrr. If he's Mexican, he's probably an EWI...and they usually find it kind of tough to get waivers. It's not impossible, but it's damn sure not as easy as you're trying to make it sound.

I love when people try to tell me what we did can't be done...particularly after we already went through the whole process...but not like I know what I'm talking about or anything LMAO

Well, he's an illegal. I hope they never let him back in the country. You can quote me on that. I have zero sympathy for the guy, and it's about time the United States enforced the law and recognized that it actually has a RIGHT to borders.

If I had my way, not only could he not marry in the US but we'd deport his butt, then send him a bill for the bus ticket. He has the right to go the hell home, and that's all he has a right to. Disagree if you want; I don't really care.

Timeline
Well, he's an illegal. I hope they never let him back in the country. You can quote me on that.

Thanks, I appreciate that. Glad to know I deserve to pay for my husband's previous mistake. I personally wish everyone else were held to such high a standard. But a lot of people on here tend to think their ###### don't stink.

-Oscar the Grouch

Fiancé visa. He has a child with his American girlfriend. She can petition for him as a fiancé. So, he already had a shot at a visa before. This just changes it from a K-1 to a K-3. You seem to think that marrying her gives him a shot at a visa that saying "I'm her fiancé" doesn't. I'm not seeing it.

I don't see marriage being an incentive for fraud for an illegal who is already here. None of the [pick a high-risk fraud country] brides/grooms using American men/women for a K-1 would look twice at them if they were already here. And marriage isn't a cureall. Because unless it's just a simple overstay (and many, if not most, aren't), they're still at risk for being deported. And they can, only if they marry a citizen or permanent resident. If they marry another illegal, they can all be deported. And in this guy's case, he's being deported whether he marries or not.

I don't want to prove C.'s immigration status all over again to a county clerk. I see no particular reason that I should need to get permission from the county courthouse that is in no position to judge immigration status. You see how many problems there are with people trying to get SSNs, because the paperwork isn't in the system yet, or the clerk didn't realize a K-1 was work-authorized. I see no need to add another hassle to *legal* couples so illegal couples *might* be barred from getting married. (More likely, they'll just fake the documentation needed.)

I'm not sure why people want to live in a place where you have to prove your immigration status all the time. I could write a headline talking about Cheerios and if I tacked in 'illegal' people'd demand that immigration status be proved with duplicate identification before purchases of breakfast cereal.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Well, he's an illegal. I hope they never let him back in the country. You can quote me on that.

Thanks, I appreciate that. Glad to know I deserve to pay for my husband's previous mistake. I personally wish everyone else were held to such high a standard. But a lot of people on here tend to think their ###### don't stink.

'

:yes:

You take what's yours, honey. :thumbs:

...I don't want to prove C.'s immigration status all over again to a county clerk. I see no particular reason that I should need to get permission from the county courthouse that is in no position to judge immigration status. You see how many problems there are with people trying to get SSNs, because the paperwork isn't in the system yet, or the clerk didn't realize a K-1 was work-authorized. I see no need to add another hassle to *legal* couples so illegal couples *might* be barred from getting married. (More likely, they'll just fake the documentation needed.)

I'm not sure why people want to live in a place where you have to prove your immigration status all the time...

sorry for the crop - just wanted to :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

And it would have been denied. Durrrrrrr. If he's Mexican, he's probably an EWI...and they usually find it kind of tough to get waivers. It's not impossible, but it's damn sure not as easy as you're trying to make it sound.

I love it when people think they know what they are talking about and absolutely have no idea. I didn't realize waivers in Mexico were so hard to get. I know hundreds of women on another immigration site who have applied for waivers and been approved. At one time there were 5 of us on this site waiting for waivers to be approved, all with differing circumstances, and we all got approved. And if they are so hard to get approved through Mexico, please explain to me how Javier's was approved when I had no medical issues, no extreme hardships so to speak of. My only hardships were being separated from Javier and the financial aspect of things. Which aren't even supposed to be considered as hardships. Yet he's here, with his greencard, just as legal as anyone else. Funny how that works. Gosh, I wish someone had told me before waivers were so hard to get from Mexico. I might have just up and decided to move my ### down there instead. Whatever!

Edited to add: DURRRR!!!!!!

Edited by clmjmm7

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Well, to be fair...I never snuck into another country or overstayed a visa and neither did my husband. So in that respect, you're right; our visa sh!t doesn't stink.

Plus, if he's an EWI, he's going to have to file a spousal visa and a waiver anyway. You can't adjust status from an EWI. Net immigration benefit of his marriage: +0!

Or maybe -0.1, as they have to remember to submit a copy of their marriage certificate.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

I'm not sure why people want to live in a place where you have to prove your immigration status all the time. I could write a headline talking about Cheerios and if I tacked in 'illegal' people'd demand that immigration status be proved with duplicate identification before purchases of breakfast cereal.

I had to prove my immigration status in the UK in order to get married and I have to prove it every time I get a job. I don't feel hassled or discriminated against because people are trying to enforce the law...come off it. Let's not enable the illegals.

I suppose being against illegal immigration means I'm a dirty stinking racist evil Nazi whose sh!t doesn't stink. Do I understand this correctly? Personal attacks aside, I'm not going to say what I think of illegal immigration enablers. Tell you what, though. The personal attacks aren't hurting my feelings, because I feel I am morally in the right. So go ahead...attack away. I don't really care what you think.

Edited by homesick_american

Timeline

Well, to be fair...I never snuck into another country or overstayed a visa and neither did my husband. So in that respect, you're right; our visa sh!t doesn't stink.

And what have I done? I fell in love with someone I met at work...OOOPS MY BAD! You're right-I guess that means I deserve to leave my country, my family, my job, my degree and everything else I've worked for in this life to go live in Mexico because my husband's presence here would just ###### up your little world. Seriously, get over it!

-Oscar the Grouch

And what have I done? I fell in love with someone I met at work...OOOPS MY BAD! You're right-I guess that means I deserve to leave my country, my family, my job, my degree and everything else I've worked for in this life to go live in Mexico because my husband's presence here would just ###### up your little world. Seriously, get over it!

You said it, I didn't. Illegal is illegal. You're definitely not going to change my mind by attacking me, and now that you have I'm putting you on ignore. I don't think that will mess up your little world, but it'll certainly make mine quieter.

If he's Mexican, he's probably an EWI...

Maybe he is, but there are many many Mexicans undocumented who entered legally and are now out of status.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.