Girona40

Judge Denies Marriage License

200 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I think I'm going to start blaming illegals for my dissertation.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I think I'm going to start blaming illegals for my dissertation.

And you could write another dissertation on the impact of illegal immigration on PhD dissertations. :P

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Score! A second project!

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
they use to deny marriage license to folks of a different color..and it was law...was it right ..no..is this ruling correct..no and it was overturned....all people have rights here..we are not a 3rd world country..everyone deserves respect ..read the ###### constitution and show me where it says CITIZENS ONLY have these rights..

that's an easy one.......

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Good usage of the Contsitution dude! As a former US military man, I salute you! :thumbs:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I wish that last sentence were true! My brother is a Director of Immigration in the UK. Believe me, the rules there are not the same as they are here.

Yeah, but their family immigration rules are tougher too. UK immigration law can be pretty strict, but it's also very clear on its face (aside from asylum claims). Either you qualify or you don't. Either it's legal or it's not. US immigration law is like a minefield, UK immigration law is like a children's primer. Very easy to understand.

I will also say this about the Home Office...they are ludicrously fast in processing visa applications. :thumbs:

I absolutely agree that US immigration law is a minefield. Unfortunately, we found that out the hard way!

I can't help compare our situation to that of an American entering the UK. In the UK the age of the "child" is frozen at the time of application, which makes perfect sense. But, Nooooooooo, not in the USA! They calculate whether a "child" is eligible for a benefit when the Immigration Office get round to adjudicating that "child's" application! In our case the "child" had become an "adult" and he is then told to get out of the country!! Makes no sense at all.

Anyway, if a foreign national wants to marry whilst in the UK they need to get a “Certificate of Approval” which will only be granted if they have legal status of over 6 months. If coming from overseas for the purpose of marriage then either a fiancé(e) or marriage visa is required. A foreign national can no longer simply enter the UK and decide to get married whilst on the visit without first obtaining a visa from overseas. Makes perfect sense to me!

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
they use to deny marriage license to folks of a different color..and it was law...was it right ..no..is this ruling correct..no and it was overturned....all people have rights here..we are not a 3rd world country..everyone deserves respect ..read the ###### constitution and show me where it says CITIZENS ONLY have these rights..

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Of course, every man who signed the Constitution was an immigrant.....

I'm just saying is all.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline
More rubber bullets for the protesting illegals!!! :thumbs:

Get the ** out, and apply like the rest!!!

dude, police used excessive force, they gonna get so PWNED, they also attack tv crew, u know TV companies are very fond of that lol

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Of course, every man who signed the Constitution was an immigrant.....

I'm just saying is all.

Not to mention "illegal"! :whistle:

Edited by Paula&Minya
funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

dude, police used excessive force, they gonna get so PWNED, they also attack tv crew, u know TV companies are very fond of that lol

I think not. Illegals have no rights and need to bail out...Over the US line......

Timeline

I think not. Illegals have no rights and need to bail out...Over the US line......

so just cuz they're illegals you can beat them down, or be abused? or you can just shoot at them for sh!tz and giggles? and yes, police used excesssive force, it's everywhere now..

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

so just cuz they're illegals you can beat them down, or be abused? or you can just shoot at them for sh!tz and giggles? and yes, police used excesssive force, it's everywhere now..

Pedroh,

Just out from here!!!

Why, because illegal!!!!

Questions?

Timeline

Pedroh,

Just out from here!!!

Why, because illegal!!!!

Questions?

i'm not questioning that at all.. I'm saying, noone has the right to abuse them.. just cuz they're illegal, I'm not against the deportation, I don't even care, but if you gonna deport them, treat them as human beings.. not like dogs..

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
i'm not questioning that at all.. I'm saying, noone has the right to abuse them.. just cuz they're illegal, I'm not against the deportation, I don't even care, but if you gonna deport them, treat them as human beings.. not like dogs..

I think they should make it difficult for people to get here (build a wall, tough immigration

controls, whatever), but once they're here, they should be allowed to stay. I like the

"wet foot, dry foot" policy for Cuban immigrants - it embodies the ideals of the American dream.

At the very least, the government should allow all EU citizens to live and take up employment

in the U.S. without any restrictions. Similarly, the EU should grant U.S. citizens the right

to live and work in any EU member state.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I really still don't see the issue here. Why are you so hell bent on illegals not getting married? It's not like they are stealing your SO. They are entitled to fall in love just like you did. Jeez, the mentality of some people just amazes me.

:rolleyes:

This has nothing to do with smoochy smoochy romantic love or jealous wives/husbands.

The simple fact of the matter is that THIS PERSON HAD NO RIGHT TO BE IN THE UNITED STATES, PERIOD. END OF. In other countries not only do you have to be in the country legally in order to marry, you must have a specific visa in order to do so. That's how it is in the UK. I don't recall anybody here saying UK immigration law is somehow 'cruel' to families or whining that it's unfair.

If it's fair in the UK, why isn't it fair in the USA?

The mentality of some people just amazes ME. It's a two-way street, honey.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth