Girona40

Judge Denies Marriage License

200 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
they use to deny marriage license to folks of a different color..and it was law...was it right ..no..is this ruling correct..no and it was overturned....all people have rights here..we are not a 3rd world country..everyone deserves respect ..read the ###### constitution and show me where it says CITIZENS ONLY have these rights..

that's an easy one.......

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

It doesn't say citizen. Or permanent resident. Besides the point, as there's not a blessed thing in the Constitution about marriage.

we the people implies citizens.......

The constitution doesn't apply to me? I didn't know that...

probably so now, as you are a lpr. back then one was either a citizen or not.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they use to deny marriage license to folks of a different color..and it was law...was it right ..no..is this ruling correct..no and it was overturned....all people have rights here..we are not a 3rd world country..everyone deserves respect ..read the ###### constitution and show me where it says CITIZENS ONLY have these rights..

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

It doesn't say citizen. Or permanent resident. Besides the point, as there's not a blessed thing in the Constitution about marriage.

nope, it does not apply citizens at all...and if they want to clarify it..pass an amendment...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Historically, it hasn't been taken to apply that way. That's why a permanent resident can, say, work for a newspaper, or buy a handgun. That's why we still need evidence to arrest illegals. That's why you don't have to prove your citizenship to get a court date.

And most of the rights have been generally construed to mean more or less anyone here, which is why a lot of the recent post-9/11 wankery with habeas corpus only applying to citizens (except when it doesn't) has been so hotly contested. "People" has generally been construed as broadly as possible. That's just history.

It doesn't say "person" of the United States, Scott. It says "people." And that sounds like a stupid distinction, but "people" isn't always the plural of "person" in legal texts, and that's true of Constitutional stuff, too. (So, "the people" might have a collective right to have an army, but I as a "person" might not, because it's a right I don't have individually, but as a member of a group.) It comes up in determining whether rights are held by the individual or collectively.

Plus, it couldn't have meant "citizens" then, because there aren't any American citizens before there is a Constitution. ;)

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Interesting now that some think the Constitution needs to be interpreted from a modern perspective (in this case, wrongly) but the Second Amendment does not...

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
What's good for the UK is surely good for the USA.

Hell NO.

1) Gun control

2) CCTV surveillance society

3) ID cards

4) DNA database spanning most of the UK population

5) Electronic tagging of asylum seekers

6) Control orders

Thanks but no thanks.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

of course, you are correct..cause the same folks who wave the constitution on their favorite amendment/s ignore it on others

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Yeah, the UK's great in a lot of ways, but I'm really a big fan of American liberty and am not willing to trade it so some illegal has to file a K-1 instead of a K-3.

AOS

-

Charles, Charles .... are you then saying that non-citizens and non-LPRs don't have any of the rights stated in the US constitution? So, pretty much anyone who is here on a K or H or B or L visa is pretty much screwed when it comes to rights?

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

ah...if my process sucks, everyone else's should suck too.. if my fiance(e) paperwork takes 2 years, is thanks to the illegal aliens (#######?)... of course, everything that happens in ur life is thanks to the illegal aliens, gas prices, slow processing @ USCIS, ecoli...

When I first got here, it was frustrating that USCIS lost my 1st EAD and took 3 extra months to get it, while seeing Jose and Co working withouh speaking a word of english.... but back then and now, their do's and dont's have NEVER ever affected my visa procedures, the lenght of paperwork, or if I get a job or not... so, 'the anger' 'the frustration'.. it's not about the protection of the Constitution of the good ole' USA.. is for your own arses, so stop using excuses of 'freedom', 'laws', and all that BS.. its just, selfishness, nothing new...

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Right Pedroh, THE US CITIZENS who have rights are selfish bc the ILLEGAL immigrants are trying to use rights they dont have (hence they are illegal immigrants). I will keep that in mind. :blink::whistle:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline
Right Pedroh, THE US CITIZENS who have rights are selfish bc the ILLEGAL immigrants are trying to use rights they dont have (hence they are illegal immigrants). I will keep that in mind. :blink::whistle:

no, i'm saying, most of the rants here are because their SO's paperwork is slow, and it's not even close to related with the illegal immigrants situation.. it's like blaming your neighbor for your high car payments.. not related..

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Timeline

no, i'm saying, most of the rants here are because their SO's paperwork is slow, and it's not even close to related with the illegal immigrants situation.. it's like blaming your neighbor for your high car payments.. not related..

Ok gotcha!!

Does this mean i CANT blame my neighbor for my high car payments? :P

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline

Ok gotcha!!

:lol: well depends, is he from the car dealership u bought it from?

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Timeline

Ok gotcha!!

:lol: well depends, is he from the car dealership u bought it from?

No, i guess i cant, did you have to bring that to my attention?? :crying:

you have ruined my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

I think I'm going to start blaming illegals for my dissertation.

AOS

-