TBoneTX

August 2017 AOS Filers, Part II

764 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, nortonplus said:

Hi Guys. I have good news. Went on the i-485 interview today. Sworned in. Was asked for driver licenses and passports. Lady officer took picture of my wife and was fingerprinted. 

We were asked for our original birth certificate and proof of joint accounts. We gave statements from our joint bank account and credit card. Gave copy of my car insurance listed my wife as a registered driver. 

We gave statements from our retirement accounts and life insurance listing each other as the beneficiaries. We showed our photo album and the officer asked to keep 2 photos- 1 from our wedding and one from our travel. 

My wife was asked all the questions regarding terrorism and and the plot against the us government so my wife said “no” to all the questions. 

I gave the sealed medical envelop but officer said she already has copy of it so she did not take it. We were never separated in the room. My wife was asked only on question- what is my profession and where do i work. That was it. The officer printed a form saying the interview was done today and for now they have everything they needed and should wait 1 month for a decision. 

My wife asked the officer if we can get a temporary stamp because we are planning on crossing th border to canada on our anniversay next month. The officer said hold on she had to ask her supervisor. She sent us back to the waiting area. We waited about 30 mins and was called back and was told okay your case is approved and passport was stamped. 

That was it. The officer said the green card is in production and we should receive it soon. 

To those of you waiting, just hang in there. Your time will come too. Thanks for everyone’s help here. 👍👍

Yaaay congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (L) I just looked at your timeline. 1.5 years from K1 to green card! That's a long freaking time but now you're done and don't have to deal with USCIS for a bit. Your officer sounds super nice. I hope we all get IO's like her.

9 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

Yaaay congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (L) I just looked at your timeline. 1.5 years from K1 to green card! That's a long freaking time but now you're done and don't have to deal with USCIS for a bit. Your officer sounds super nice. I hope we all get IO's like her.

Thanks. Yes it was a long journey but well worth it. Yay no more thinking USCIS for atleast 21 months!

Good luck to you. Hope you hear some good news soon. 🙏🙏. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Eruthos said:

We had our interview yesterday as well! We got there 30 minutes early, went through security (we were able to bring our cell phones in, although on silent), and got up to the interview waiting area 15 minutes before our scheduled time. We got called in 5 minutes after our scheduled time, the officer swore us in, took our IDs (driver's license, passport, EAD/AP combo card), scanned our driver's licenses and combo card for the system and updated our new address in the system (even though we had sent in an update of address, not everything had actually updated in the system).

She had our whole folder right in front of her and started going through it, updating any information. She asked my wife questions about where we live, asked me where we live, what the names of our in-laws are, how we met. She asked for additional thing we would like to add to the file such as bank records, insurance records, etc. We also showed her a photobook with our wedding pictures (which the officer loved) and after going through all the security questions (that are also on the form, she just wanted to double check under oath..) she said we were done and would hear a final decision within 30 days.

30 minutes after stepping out of the officer's office we got a notification that we had an update on our case: "Card is in production"!!! 

Thank you all for the updates, for the tips, for everything. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Congratulations.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Congrats to all newly greencard holders. 

My wife’s greencard came last Friday. 8 days after the interview. Couldn’t

believe it came so quick. 

Just FYI. I-551 stamp on the passport definitely works. We used it in the Canadian border without issues. 

Good luck to everyone. 

8 hours ago, Grazelfaith said:

My heart is aching 💔 I don’t have any update for my interview 😭  I filled at Seattle Washington office 😓 

Just hang in there. Did you at least have your EAD?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My husband had his Green Card interview last Thursday and the next day we got an email notification saying that his Green Card is being produced! :dance:

Our interview was in Chicago, and the interview time that was given to him was at 10:45am. We got there 20 minutes early, and ended up waiting until 11:50 just about. So when they give numbers, it's not chronological - everyone is assigned an officer and we had the bad luck of having the slowest one but that's ok! The gentleman was very nice and asked only asked for the copy of our marriage certificate, our job letters from our employers and a copy of the day from our wedding. He seemed extra grateful that I brought in the original copy of the marriage certificate WITH a photocopy ready to hand to him so he wouldn't have to make a copy. 

I was all types of prepared. I had  made a mini scrapbook (literally taped our photos with colored paper and placed them in clear sheet protectors because I didn't want to buy a photo album) and I had only put in the picture of us with the judge marrying us. The IO asked if there was a picture to provide context with the witnesses there and I sincerely didn't think to print that out and told him I had it on my phone but he said not to worry - he just wanted to see context and made a copy of my scrapbook page. He didn't ask for any bank statements or proof of anything. 

He was pretty much just verifying all the information that I had originally sent with the I-129F petition. They weren't really open questions, it was more like, "You lived in Colombia, correct?" and I said "yes" and then he asked, "you taught at a public school?" and I clarified that it was 9th-11th graders. Then he read off what I wrote in the description of how we met and said "It says here you were watching soccer and met your husband at the bar he worked at?" and I said "yes" lol so pretty much like that...

He did ask when did we decide to get married. Like at what point in the relationship. He also asked about my living situation and to describe our house like if it was a 2-flat or 3-bedroom. I told him it's a big house with most of my family and that we live with my parents for now. 

He seemed pretty understanding and didn't tell us on the spot if we got approved or not and said it was up to the supervisor. Very short interview, but super long wait for us. 

Like many others have said, if you're still waiting, hang in there! Sending good vibes to everyone 🌠

Spoiler

AoS

August 22, 2017 - USCIS received 485, 131, 765 forms

August 24, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date for 485, 131, 765

August 25, 2017 - Biometrics Notice Date 

September 15, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment for 485 and 765 Completed 

March 30, 2018 - Received RFE for I-131 (in hand April 5th) It was a request for more information because I (wife) filled the preparer's section of the form *face palm*

April 11, 2018 - USCIS  notification that our RFIE was received. 

May 18, 2018 - email from USCIS "new card is being produced" (269 days)

May 23, 2018 - Card was Mailed to me (e-notification)

May 25, 2018 - NOAs for EAD/AP approval  (mail)

May 26, 2018 - received combo card!! 

June 20, 2018 - Green Card Interview Date Notice

July 26, 2018 - Green Card Interview

August 3, 2018 - Green Card in hand!!

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

December 2, 2016 - sent I-129F packet from Cartagena to my US mailing address

December 5, 2016 - my mom sent I-129F pack to Lewsville, TX

Decmber 6, 2016 - I-129F packet received

December 9. 2016 - NOA1 e-notification receipt

December 15, 2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

March 8, 2017 - NOA2 APPROVED

March 21, 2017 - NVC CASE # 

April 26-29 - Lab, Medical Exam, and Fingerprints done

May 2, 2017 - Interview in Bogotá  && APPROVED!

July 19, 2017 -THE LOML & I TRAVEL TO USA

July 27, 2017 - Married 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

So we are finally scheduled for an interview!!!! I am a little confused about the Form I-693 and vaccination supplement. My husband completed the medical exam prior to receiving K1 (completed medical exam 2/2017) and then upon entry completed missing vaccinations (vaccination supplement), which we sent in with AOS application on 8/16/17. Our interview is scheduled for 8/28/18. Does he need a new medical and I-693?

6/24/17 - entered on K1 visa

7/30/17 - married!

8/18/17 - AOS package sent (I-485, I-765, I-131)

8/22/17 - Date on NOAs for AOS 

8/23/17 - physically received NOAs in the mail

9/14/17 - Biometrics Appointment for I-485 and I-765

12/4/17 - called USCIS and opened case inquiry for I-765 EAD

1/4/18 - called USCIS again re: case inquiry, told that it was still not assigned for processing

1/26/18 - received email stating case assigned for processing and would receive decision/update within 60 days

2/28/18 - contacted Omsbudman and congressmen to expedite processing of I-765 EAD

3/19/18 - opened 3rd case inquiry

3/27/18 - received email EAD/AP approved!

4/4/18 - combo card received!

8 hours ago, ourense said:

So we are finally scheduled for an interview!!!! I am a little confused about the Form I-693 and vaccination supplement. My husband completed the medical exam prior to receiving K1 (completed medical exam 2/2017) and then upon entry completed missing vaccinations (vaccination supplement), which we sent in with AOS application on 8/16/17. Our interview is scheduled for 8/28/18. Does he need a new medical and I-693?

You filed in August 2017, right? The medical is valid 1 year from application date. So you should still be good because your interview is within that 1 year mark. 

My wife had her medical April 2017. Our interview was July 2018 and we did not have any problems. My wife did not even do the supplemental vaccinations. She just did the minimum required vaccines. 

Make sure to bring the medical envelop he got from Feb 2017 just in case they ask for it. Our officer did not ask for it even though I have it. The officer stated she already has copy of it. 

Good luck with the interview. Let us know the good news when you find out. 

So happy for everyone to get their green cards! I’m still on “waiting for an interview” and I’ve had to send off my EAD forms again. My PD was August 3rd 2017 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.