TBoneTX

August 2017 AOS Filers, Part II

764 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, mushroomspore said:

Whoa guys, so I don't know what happened. But I just looked at the processing times for the LA office for I-485. It used to say 11.5 to 23.5 months. But now it says 4.5 months to 23 months! It's probably a glitch, but I'm like, "Uhh where's our interview then?!?!".

Yay 🙌☺ we are almost there my friend here in Phoenix used to say 14.5 to 23.5 months Thanks to your post i checked and now say 8.5 to 18 months !!!

1 minute ago, Canelita said:

Yay 🙌☺ we are almost there my friend here in Phoenix used to say 14.5 to 23.5 months Thanks to your post i checked and now say 8.5 to 18 months !!!

Yeah girl!!!!!!! Okay so I guess it's not a glitch if it happened to your local field office too. I'm not religious in any way, but I'm constantly praying to the universe that we get our interview notices soon. :P

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
20 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

Yeah girl!!!!!!! Okay so I guess it's not a glitch if it happened to your local field office too. I'm not religious in any way, but I'm constantly praying to the universe that we get our interview notices soon. :P

That's good, prayers always good, soon will have our notices 🙏 .

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 4/7/2018 at 3:15 PM, T_P said:

I know it is a bit late and I apologize but had been busy with work and some other personal things......here is the review for my interview in Milwaukee Office and it is also in my timeline. If you guys have any questions, please let me know.

AOS Interview - Feb 21

Suggestions
• Dress nice
• Get there at least 30 minutes early and research parking and have change if necessary beforehand (I forgot to have coins available for the street parking meters and had to literally run about 2 blocks away to get coins from a business)
• Cell phones allowed
• We had two open tote bags of evidence which had no issues in security 
• If possible try to not wear/bring metal 
• Ok to be nervous
• Ok to ask for clarification if needed

Our experience
We stood to give the vow.
Questions asked:
To the sponsor: Name? Where do you live? Where were you born and when?

To the spouse: Spouse: Full name? Where do you live? Where were you born and when? Parents names? Asked about last entry into the US, and then where did we go and for how long. Asked if he had ever been denied a visa in Brazil, and why. Asked when were we married. Then asked spouse all the questions about doing drugs, having been in jail. etc.

To both of us: Have you been married before? Do you have any kids? Then asked if we had any bills or anything for evidence. We gave him documents for our joint health insurance, joint home and car insurance, cell phone bills, and job offer letter for spouse. Also gave them our wedding album and another album of our recent trips, and some photos of us with friends and family. He looked at and made some friendly comments/questions on both albums (Was the weather nice on your wedding day? Did you like this place that you went on vacation? Etc.). He also looked through the pictures but didn’t take any. 

After confirming that he could take the documents we gave him, he said something like, “Everything looks good for you guys, you should get the green card in about a month, and you know that is only good for two years”. As we left I asked point blank, “We were approved then?” just to make sure I wasn’t dreaming, and he said yes.

We brought a lot of evidence, and didn’t need most of it. I think he could tell we were prepared because after I gave him a bunch of documents and asked if he wanted more he said, “No this is good”.

Also, we had two people in our room, it seemed like the second lady was a trainee probably. They both looked at all our information.

Appointment was for 8:45am, we were called in at 9:00am. The interview was pretty fast, probably got out around 9:10am.

Documents we brought:
• Our copy of K1 application
• Our copy AOS application
• Our copy EAD and AP application
• Original of both birth certificates and marriage license 

Documents for supporting evidence: 
• Copies of joint medical and dental insurance (interviewer took)
• Joint Home and car insurance (interviewer took)
• Cell phone bill with both our names (interviewer took)
• Current I-94 (interviewer took)
• Spouse job offer letter (interviewer took)
• Photo album of wedding and album showing from when we met to before we got married (interviewer reviewed)
• Recent pictures of us together (interviewer reviewed)
• Copies of plane tickets, 
• Passports for both of us 
• Cards we sent to each other
• Cards received at our wedding

congratulations!

04/21/2018  - AOS Package sent thru Fedex 
04/24/2018 - AOS Package Delivered by Fedex
05/01/2018  - Text Message & Email  Notification. 
05/05/2018 - Mail Notification Receipt  PD:  04-27-2018 (Day 1)
05/12/2018 - Biometrics Mail Notice. (Day 14)
05/24/2018 - Biometrics Appointment.(Day 26)
06/22/2018 - REF notification update.(Day 55)
06/27/2018 - REF Mail letter (Certified Translation of Birth Certificate). (Day 60)
07/02/2018 - REF Sent thru FEDEX.
07/06/2018 - REF delivered by FEDEX.

07/10/2018 - REF was received (update text message and  website). (Day 73)

07/19/2018 - Case Update:  Ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview (Text, E-mail and website). (Day 82)

08/24/2018 - Case Update:  New Card Is Being Produced (Text, E-mail and website). ---> EAD Card  (Day 118)

08/27/2018 - Notice of action received in the mail. ---> EAD Card has been approved  (Day 121)

09/01/2018 - Social Security Card (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 126)

09/07/2018 - EAD Card  (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 132)

002/19/2019 - EAD Renewal Package Sent Thru Fedex

02/21/2019 - Delivered by USCIS

02/25/2019 - Text Notification Received by USCIS

03/04/2019 - Letter Recieved in the mail (receipt)

05/03/2019 - Notification: Interview has been scheduled

05/22/2019 - Letter Received in the mail 

INTERVIEW SCHEDULEDE FOR: 06/07/2019 (RFE was provided at the interview with a deadline to submit medicals when ready - my medicals took a little bit longer than expected, i was told will be ready next day but actually take 3 to 7 business days)

6/28/2019 - Approval Letter for Alien petition (Letter Received in the mail)

7/12/2019 - Notification Medicals received and under review

7/24/2019 - New Car is Being Produced

7/30/2019 - New Card was mailed to me

7/30/2019 - New Card was picked up by USPS

11 hours ago, Greencard188 said:

Guys... My i485 status is "card is being produced"... Somebody please tell me what it means.... 🤞🤞🤞

it means your card is being produced! lol

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

My husband and I just got the update of "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview" in reference to his I-485. How long did people wait between this update and actually getting their interview scheduled? Our local office is Charlotte, NC, filing date 8/16/17.

6/24/17 - entered on K1 visa

7/30/17 - married!

8/18/17 - AOS package sent (I-485, I-765, I-131)

8/22/17 - Date on NOAs for AOS 

8/23/17 - physically received NOAs in the mail

9/14/17 - Biometrics Appointment for I-485 and I-765

12/4/17 - called USCIS and opened case inquiry for I-765 EAD

1/4/18 - called USCIS again re: case inquiry, told that it was still not assigned for processing

1/26/18 - received email stating case assigned for processing and would receive decision/update within 60 days

2/28/18 - contacted Omsbudman and congressmen to expedite processing of I-765 EAD

3/19/18 - opened 3rd case inquiry

3/27/18 - received email EAD/AP approved!

4/4/18 - combo card received!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello! My I-485 is the only one that shows updates, the other ones just show that they have been received. I am a little bit frustrated! 

Someone Filling from Houston?

04/21/2018  - AOS Package sent thru Fedex 
04/24/2018 - AOS Package Delivered by Fedex
05/01/2018  - Text Message & Email  Notification. 
05/05/2018 - Mail Notification Receipt  PD:  04-27-2018 (Day 1)
05/12/2018 - Biometrics Mail Notice. (Day 14)
05/24/2018 - Biometrics Appointment.(Day 26)
06/22/2018 - REF notification update.(Day 55)
06/27/2018 - REF Mail letter (Certified Translation of Birth Certificate). (Day 60)
07/02/2018 - REF Sent thru FEDEX.
07/06/2018 - REF delivered by FEDEX.

07/10/2018 - REF was received (update text message and  website). (Day 73)

07/19/2018 - Case Update:  Ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview (Text, E-mail and website). (Day 82)

08/24/2018 - Case Update:  New Card Is Being Produced (Text, E-mail and website). ---> EAD Card  (Day 118)

08/27/2018 - Notice of action received in the mail. ---> EAD Card has been approved  (Day 121)

09/01/2018 - Social Security Card (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 126)

09/07/2018 - EAD Card  (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 132)

002/19/2019 - EAD Renewal Package Sent Thru Fedex

02/21/2019 - Delivered by USCIS

02/25/2019 - Text Notification Received by USCIS

03/04/2019 - Letter Recieved in the mail (receipt)

05/03/2019 - Notification: Interview has been scheduled

05/22/2019 - Letter Received in the mail 

INTERVIEW SCHEDULEDE FOR: 06/07/2019 (RFE was provided at the interview with a deadline to submit medicals when ready - my medicals took a little bit longer than expected, i was told will be ready next day but actually take 3 to 7 business days)

6/28/2019 - Approval Letter for Alien petition (Letter Received in the mail)

7/12/2019 - Notification Medicals received and under review

7/24/2019 - New Car is Being Produced

7/30/2019 - New Card was mailed to me

7/30/2019 - New Card was picked up by USPS

4 hours ago, ourense said:

My husband and I just got the update of "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview" in reference to his I-485. How long did people wait between this update and actually getting their interview scheduled? Our local office is Charlotte, NC, filing date 8/16/17.

No way to predict how long you'll be waiting. Could be just a few weeks to months.

4 hours ago, JoAndLo said:

Hello! My I-485 is the only one that shows updates, the other ones just show that they have been received. I am a little bit frustrated! 

Someone Filling from Houston?

When exactly did you file? Have you gotten your EAD/AP yet??? (I'm guessing not?)

Seems my card is on the way. I have been in this thread since August 2017 (mostly as a silent reader). Thank you so much for all of you guys. I don't get any RFE so far, because you guys have been so helpful. We have saved $$$$ for skipping the lawyer. I believed that we didn't need a lawyer if we already have people like you here. For those who still waiting, keep thinking positive! we will see you in another side. Bye for now :)

On 7/17/2018 at 10:46 PM, Greencard188 said:

Seems my card is on the way. I have been in this thread since August 2017 (mostly as a silent reader). Thank you so much for all of you guys. I don't get any RFE so far, because you guys have been so helpful. We have saved $$$$ for skipping the lawyer. I believed that we didn't need a lawyer if we already have people like you here. For those who still waiting, keep thinking positive! we will see you in another side. Bye for now :)

Congrats!!!!

Still no updates here. I just called to ask if we're still in line for an interview. The lady confirmed that we are. She said my field office is "working on August 2016" cases. I was like, "Girl...don't tell me such things." I'm starting to wonder if we're gonna get our interview in 2019...

29 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

Congrats!!!!

Still no updates here. I just called to ask if we're still in line for an interview. The lady confirmed that we are. She said my field office is "working on August 2016" cases. I was like, "Girl...don't tell me such things." I'm starting to wonder if we're gonna get our interview in 2019...

on the plus side, if you wait 1 more year, you won't have to remove conditions. so it seems like it's almost better to just have it all done with at one go - especially since you now have an EAD/AP so it doesn't actually affect your day-to-day life. try and forget about it for a while!! 

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.