TBoneTX

August 2017 AOS Filers, Part II

764 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Canelita said:

Where is your office? My local office Phoenix AZ processing time 14 to 23.5 my congresswoman is reaching USCIS every 30 days this montn they answered no updates and if there is any they will send it to me, I'm scared USCIS my local office will get mad cause they are inquiring about my case every month hopefully they don't and they hurry up with the rest of all us who still waiting 🙏🙏🙏.

Mine is Los Angeles! Keep reaching out! I'm sure you'll hear something soon too.

4 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

Mine is Los Angeles! Keep reaching out! I'm sure you'll hear something soon too.

Aw man! When I saw you had commented, I was sure you were posting that your interview has been scheduled! Mine was scheduled about two months after my AP was finally approved, so I'm hoping the pattern holds true for you!

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

14 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Aw man! When I saw you had commented, I was sure you were posting that your interview has been scheduled! Mine was scheduled about two months after my AP was finally approved, so I'm hoping the pattern holds true for you!

Haha aww not yet, unfortunately. Funny you should bring up the two months thing. I was prowling the thread to see if that was indeed a pattern. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed we hear something in the next week or two. 🤞

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
43 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

Haha aww not yet, unfortunately. Funny you should bring up the two months thing. I was prowling the thread to see if that was indeed a pattern. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed we hear something in the next week or two. 🤞

Keep positive you are doing great and things will happen sooner or later but it will. God bless.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

18 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

I don't think it's a general pattern (because a bunch of people who got their EADs with no RFIEs back in November are still waiting for their interviews to be scheduled). But I think for some of us with RFIEs (me, Avinash), the interview has been scheduled pretty fast after the EAD. I'm guessing it's because our local offices don't have very long lines, and the main hold up was the RFIE.

11 hours ago, Hamilton said:

I don't think it's a general pattern (because a bunch of people who got their EADs with no RFIEs back in November are still waiting for their interviews to be scheduled). But I think for some of us with RFIEs (me, Avinash), the interview has been scheduled pretty fast after the EAD. I'm guessing it's because our local offices don't have very long lines, and the main hold up was the RFIE.

True that. Our case has been at our field office since early April so it's already been 2.5 months. I think I was just looking for a pattern to make myself feel better about the wait. 😅

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 6/20/2018 at 12:28 PM, NJAug17Filer said:

Also guys... I am proud to say my Green Card came in the mail today! :) What a relief.... 

Congratulations! 

How long did it take to get it since your interview?)

I got a notice a few days ago that my interview is scheduled for the 24th of July.. fingers crossed! 

11 hours ago, TanV said:

Congratulations! 

I got mine within a week!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 hours ago, TanV said:

Congratulations! 

My interview was Wednesday the 13.. I got my green card on Tuesday the 19th!

Hey y'all, still no interview update yet. I'm getting to the point where I want to email my senator to inquire but I also feel like I'm just being impatient?? Technically, July will be 11 months for us and that' the minimum processing time for my office. Yargh. Hope everyone's doing well.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hey guys,

I received my interview notice ON Monday. Scheduled on the 26 July. My PD is Aug 28. i should be OK and not need a new medical right?

Thanks in advance for all answers

1 hour ago, dnkwame417 said:

Hey guys,

I received my interview notice ON Monday. Scheduled on the 26 July. My PD is Aug 28. i should be OK and not need a new medical right?

Thanks in advance for all answers

Yay good luck and no, you won't need a new medical. I've been hearing that some IO's don't ask for new medicals if the interview happens a few days or even a week after PD+1 year. Yours is before your original PD+1 year so you're fine. This is what I'm worried about with our interview as we have not received an update about it yet. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, mushroomspore said:

Yay good luck and no, you won't need a new medical. I've been hearing that some IO's don't ask for new medicals if the interview happens a few days or even a week after PD+1 year. Yours is before your original PD+1 year so you're fine. This is what I'm worried about with our interview as we have not received an update about it yet. 

Thanks for the quick response, saves me a couple hundred dollars. Hoping you hear something soon and interview scheduled before your PD. I still havent received an update on my interview from the new website. It still says Response to RFIE received.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys i called USCIS spoke to an officer level 2 she told me that they sent the notification for my interview 3 months ago that i was in line they are just waiting for an officer who can have an opening for my interview she said it can be any day or can take longer. I asked about my medical exam she suggest if my doctor can give me the results fast i can wait for the interview notice but if not i should do it before it expires but she said the IO in the interview will ask for those medical exams and if i don't want to slow my green card i should have it ready. She was very nice and helpful 😊.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.