TBoneTX

August 2017 AOS Filers, Part II

764 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2018 at 9:50 PM, azblk said:

Just to clarify I entered the US on B1/B2 visa in  DEC 2006 and filed for AOS in April 2017. I have my interview scheduled for tomorrow. I got a green card way back in 2002 and I gave it up in 2007. Now i am doing it over again.

Hey, greetings! 👋 May I ask how was your interview? Hope it went smooth and with a nice officer, especially since you had a greencard already. 

Timeline (From B2 visa to AOS)

July 15, 2016 -> Got married
August 3, 2017 -> Mailed AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)
August 4, 2017 -> Package received
August 14, 2017 -> NOA for I-130 and I-485 (not I-765... called multiple times to ask about this but was told to wait)
August 25, 2017 -> NOA for Biometrics Appt (I-485)
August 30, 2017 -> Sent email asking to look for I-765 (My I-765 was LOST)
September 8, 2017 -> Biometrics Appt for I-485
September 26, 2017 -> Received email from USCIS I-765 found and PD August 4
October, 2017 -> NOA for I-765 and Tier 2 officer cancelled 2nd biometrics

November 3, 2017 -> Raised SR online for I-765

December 11, 2017 -> SR showed as "completed" by the assigned officer

January 8, 2018 -> Name was updated 

January 18, 2018 -> interview scheduled

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
7 minutes ago, GoodVibesOnly said:

Hey, greetings! 👋 May I ask how was your interview? Hope it went smooth and with a nice officer, especially since you had a greencard already. 

The interview went well he barely asked about our marriage. He asked me the yes/no questions from i-485. He said they would review the file and let us know the decision later.

@Mr_Wait So glad to hear your approval came through!!! Hope you are celebrating! This is another victory.

@T_P Thanks for sharing your interview experience. So much detail! As much as I hate that I'm still waiting for my combo card, it's been helpful to read people's interview experiences in the meantime. It helps everyone to feel more prepared when their time comes.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Just wanted to update that last Thursday April 5th we received an RFIE on our I-131 because I (the wife of the applicant) filled out the preparer's info and I reaaaaaallly wish I had filled it out carefully. I didn't know I could leave it blank. I sent a new I-131 form with the copy of our RFIE letter and it was delivered today and it's at Lee's Summit. Hoping to get a quick response and receive an RFIE for our EAD form because I did the same thing for that form...so I just want to submit the corrections ASAP. 

Like I said...we waited 7 months just to receive this notice of an RFIE which is CRAZY. I wish I had known earlier of my mistake to make the process move along quicker...but what can ya do. 

For those still waiting...you are not alone. 

Happy Monday everyone! 

Spoiler

AoS

August 22, 2017 - USCIS received 485, 131, 765 forms

August 24, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date for 485, 131, 765

August 25, 2017 - Biometrics Notice Date 

September 15, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment for 485 and 765 Completed 

March 30, 2018 - Received RFE for I-131 (in hand April 5th) It was a request for more information because I (wife) filled the preparer's section of the form *face palm*

April 11, 2018 - USCIS  notification that our RFIE was received. 

May 18, 2018 - email from USCIS "new card is being produced" (269 days)

May 23, 2018 - Card was Mailed to me (e-notification)

May 25, 2018 - NOAs for EAD/AP approval  (mail)

May 26, 2018 - received combo card!! 

June 20, 2018 - Green Card Interview Date Notice

July 26, 2018 - Green Card Interview

August 3, 2018 - Green Card in hand!!

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

December 2, 2016 - sent I-129F packet from Cartagena to my US mailing address

December 5, 2016 - my mom sent I-129F pack to Lewsville, TX

Decmber 6, 2016 - I-129F packet received

December 9. 2016 - NOA1 e-notification receipt

December 15, 2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

March 8, 2017 - NOA2 APPROVED

March 21, 2017 - NVC CASE # 

April 26-29 - Lab, Medical Exam, and Fingerprints done

May 2, 2017 - Interview in Bogotá  && APPROVED!

July 19, 2017 -THE LOML & I TRAVEL TO USA

July 27, 2017 - Married 

2 hours ago, yogabbaz said:

Just wanted to update that last Thursday April 5th we received an RFIE on our I-131 because I (the wife of the applicant) filled out the preparer's info and I reaaaaaallly wish I had filled it out carefully. I didn't know I could leave it blank. I sent a new I-131 form with the copy of our RFIE letter and it was delivered today and it's at Lee's Summit. Hoping to get a quick response and receive an RFIE for our EAD form because I did the same thing for that form...so I just want to submit the corrections ASAP. 

Like I said...we waited 7 months just to receive this notice of an RFIE which is CRAZY. I wish I had known earlier of my mistake to make the process move along quicker...but what can ya do. 

Happy Monday everyone! 

Holy cow! I'm sorry this happened to you. Hopefully now that they have the form without that info, they'll approve it quickly!!

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

20 hours ago, yogabbaz said:

Happy Monday everyone! 

I was wondering what your RFIE was about because I"d never heard of someone receiving one for the I-131! Well, I know it sucks that you got one but at least it was just a clerical error. Others have to provide more complicated evidence regarding their marriage and legal status blah blah blah, so if it was just the way the form was filled out, that's really the best scenario. The preparer portion is a little confusing because they really mean "legal representative". Anyways, fingers crossed your EAD gets adjudicated soon! I'm still waiting for mine. I don't know what's going on at NBC but they're really not on top of things. I thought RFIE/RFE's were sent out 3ish months after filing and you were safe if you didn't receive one after that. However, that has NOT been the case (especially for a good number of Aug filers). Fingers and toes crossed for both of us!!!

BTW, contact the ombudsman and your senator/congressperson to let them know you received a very late RFIE and don't have your EAD because of it. Be a squeaky wheel, so to speak. I don't trust USCIS to get these things done in a timely manner. It's unfair they took so long to even look at your case (as they did with mine and a few others) and aren't adjudicating them right away after this long.

Edited by mushroomspore

Timeline
On 4/9/2018 at 7:48 PM, Hamilton said:

Holy cow! I'm sorry this happened to you. Hopefully now that they have the form without that info, they'll approve it quickly!!

Thank you! I hope so toooo - I'll update here when we hear something :)

Spoiler

AoS

March 30, 2018 - Received RFE for I-131 (in hand April 5th) It was a request for more information because I (wife) filled the preparer's section of the form *face palm*

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

July 27, 2017 - Married 

Timeline
6 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

I was wondering what your RFIE was about because I"d never heard of someone receiving one for the I-131! Well, I know it sucks that you got one but at least it was just a clerical error. Others have to provide more complicated evidence regarding their marriage and legal status blah blah blah, so if it was just the way the form was filled out, that's really the best scenario. The preparer portion is a little confusing because they really mean "legal representative". Anyways, fingers crossed your EAD gets adjudicated soon! I'm still waiting for mine. I don't know what's going on at NBC but they're really not on top of things. I thought RFIE/RFE's were sent out 3ish months after filing and you were safe if you didn't receive one after that. However, that has NOT been the case (especially for a good number of Aug filers). Fingers and toes crossed for both of us!!!

BTW, contact the ombudsman and your senator/congressperson to let them know you received a very late RFIE and don't have your EAD because of it. Be a squeaky wheel, so to speak. I don't trust USCIS to get these things done in a timely manner. It's unfair they took so long to even look at your case (as they did with mine and a few others) and aren't adjudicating them right away after this long.

Yeaaaah I got the RFIE for filling in the last part at the end where it says "preparer's info" - I put in my information as his wife and I realized it was how you said "legal representative" so I resent the form with the preparer's info blank. 

And yeah! I thought it takes about 3 months or so too! I was completely shocked that we got the notification 7 months later..I seriously thought that we were going to be receiving the combo card. And since we got an RFIE on the I-131, our I-765 is on hold. I just wish they would've have sent the RFIE's at the same time but I"m not sure if it's because I sent in SR's for the EAD and maybe somehow the forms got separated because we received an email that an officer has our case but we got the letter for the I-131 first. 

bah! Anyway... I will try your advice! I had reached out to the ombudsman before but I think I"ll let them know about our RFIE. Thanks!

And I'm sorry they're taking so long with your case too!! Totally unfair this whole wait time...hoping you hear something soon!

21 minutes ago, Londonergirl said:

I got a job! Woho!

Woo! Congrats!

Spoiler

AoS

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

July 27, 2017 - Married 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, Londonergirl said:

I got a job! Woho!

This is AWESOME @Londonergirl CONGRATULATIONS. Hope you enjoy everything and wish you much success. 

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

4 hours ago, TanV said:

Has anybody got this email again like me ? 

05C72ED9-99F4-433F-B2F9-3862CA382630.jpeg

By the way, are you still waiting for your combo card? Just out of curiosity cause there's still a good number of Aug filers waiting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.