TBoneTX

August 2017 AOS Filers, Part II

764 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, borodine01 said:

I received that letter as well, it was dated the 14 of march. I got the card in production update on the 19th and approval for AP and EAD yesterday. I'm not saying is the same thing but have hope. Also did you contact your senator or the ombudsman? And the website on my signature helps with the updates as well. they have accurate ones.

Well, the letter is basically saying that it is a reply to my service request that I made in November 2017. The letter was dated March 9. 
When I log into my account it just says that they have replied to the SR, but nothing more. 
I am in contact with the congressman here but it doesn't seem to help a lot. Can the ombudsman do more than the congressman? 

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 3/6/2018 at 11:34 PM, Hamilton said:

Is there a big rush if you already have your EAD/AP? As long as we get GCs while our EAD/APs are still valid (so, within a year), I think it doesn't really matter. 

There isn't a rush Hamilton. Thanks for replying.

MSC** Concurrently Filing (Husband_Panamanian) 

8/16      I-130 I-1485 I-765 I-131

9/8        Biometrics 

9/22      RFIE Received

10/10    Expedite based on Financial Hardship & Job Offer

11/13    Reply from congressman office _ case cannot be expedited due to Background check not yet completed

11/15    New Card in Production***

11/16    I765 Case Approved

11/24    Card Delivered

3/31      We are scheduling your interview  @7:06AM (***My USCIS log in date is 10/7/17 )

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Londonergirl said:

Well, the letter is basically saying that it is a reply to my service request that I made in November 2017. The letter was dated March 9. 
When I log into my account it just says that they have replied to the SR, but nothing more. 
I am in contact with the congressman here but it doesn't seem to help a lot. Can the ombudsman do more than the congressman? 

I'm pretty sure, because it wasn't until after I contact them did USCIS looked at my SR and sent me the letter. and my SR they were looking at was back from November or December.

• 08.07.2017 --->  I-485, I-765, I-131 Priority Mail

• 08.09.2017 --->  Package received

• 08.15.2017 --->  Received text messages and emails

• 08.15.2017 --->  Checks cashed

• 08.19.2017 --->  Received NOA1 all 3 hardcopies

• 08.25.2017 --->  Received biometrics letter

• 09.01.2017 --->  RFIE

• 09.07.2017 --->  Biometrics appointment

• 09.15.2017 --->  Received RFIE

• 10.05.2017 --->  Sent RFIE Response

• 10.07.2017 --->  USCIS Received RFIE Response

• 10.10.2017 --->  USCIS Status Update: Response to USCIS RFIE was received

• 03.19.2018 --->  Card in production *Day 221*

• 03.21.2018 --->  Card mailed out *Day 223*

• 03.23.2018 --->  Card in hand *Day 224*
• 10.26.2018 --->  Interview schedules *Day 442*

• 12.06.2018 --->  Interview Day

• 12.10.2018 --->  Needing new medical

• 01.03.2019 --->  Mailed new Medical

• 01.04.2019 ---> USCIS received medical

• 01.15.2019 --->  Card is in the mail *Day 523*

• 01.17.2019 --->  Card received *Day 525*

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ Have updated info, when the app doesn't update.

Yeah try contacting your senator or the ombudsman then. I emailed my senator in Jan and it finally got someone to look at my file and send an RFIE. But only contact one or the other; don't contact both at the same time. It ties up resources. I CANNOT believe they are still lagging on 2017 filers from late summer and early fall.

33 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

Yeah try contacting your senator or the ombudsman then. I emailed my senator in Jan and it finally got someone to look at my file and send an RFIE. But only contact one or the other; don't contact both at the same time. It ties up resources. I CANNOT believe they are still lagging on 2017 filers from late summer and early fall.

My congressman has already contacted USCIS, he is just waiting for a reply.
Should I not contact the senator and ombudsman if the congressman already has inquired?  

Another person in the same field office as me, who applied 2 months after me already have her GC. I read about some others in here who applied in November as well who already have their interviews. 

13 minutes ago, Londonergirl said:

Should I not contact the senator and ombudsman if the congressman already has inquired?  

Another person in the same field office as me, who applied 2 months after me already have her GC. I read about some others in here who applied in November as well who already have their interviews. 

Oh ok yeah just wait for your congressman first. If nothing comes out of it, then contact the senator or ombudsman. Medicals are valid for one year. Yeah it's sooo frustrating!!! I called USCIS several times and they said each time that our case is fine but then we got an RFIE. But then again, the phone agents don't have access to our actual files.

34 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

Oh ok yeah just wait for your congressman first. If nothing comes out of it, then contact the senator or ombudsman. Medicals are valid for one year. Yeah it's sooo frustrating!!! I called USCIS several times and they said each time that our case is fine but then we got an RFIE. But then again, the phone agents don't have access to our actual files.

How annoying. It is actually over a year ago I had my medical in the UK now. I paid loads for it too. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/19/2018 at 1:38 PM, mushroomspore said:

BTW, am I the only August filer who still hasn't gotten their combo card? Sad!

You're not alone, there's also me MushroomSpore! I can only hope we'll get ours soon! Day 205 for me...

Timeline
On 3/19/2018 at 5:47 PM, dnkwame417 said:

I just received my approval letters today.  I am sure the main card will be here in a couple days. P/D August 28. Been a long time coming. Don't have to drive dirty any more lol. Good luck on all those awaiting EAD

Congratulations, I'm happy for you! My filing date is August 28 as well. You give me hope!

Timeline
On 3/20/2018 at 8:27 AM, spazkles said:

Absolutely not, I'm desperately waiting.

Me three... Glad we're not alone, but hope we all graduate into the "combo card received" class in the next few days. 

Personally, I think folks who are still waiting for the EAD/AP should exhaust their options - contact the Congressperson, the Senator, the Ombudsman. For me, I'm pretty sure the Ombudsman's office is why my card finally got approved. If you keep waiting months for one of these places to do something, you'll be waiting a long time. And you've already been waiting a ridiculous time.. I think you're well in your rights to contact more than one person now.

Good luck, folks. I hope you all get your cards soon.

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

The last option is Ombudsman

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 20/3/2018 at 2:56 PM, borodine01 said:

the senator route didn't help me but the ombudsman helped me. And do an account on the website in my signature they have accurate update.

so i'm trying to create that account on the website in your signature, for DOS case ID, where do you find that? I googled and what I thought was the case ID was when I filled the i-129f petition and the receipt whatever for k1 visa and it won't let us saying to enter the correct DOS case ID so I'm stumped. 

Spoiler

AoS

August 22, 2017 - USCIS received 485, 131, 765 forms

August 24, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date for 485, 131, 765

August 25, 2017 - Biometrics Notice Date 

September 15, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment for 485 and 765 Completed 

March 30, 2018 - Received RFE for I-131 (in hand April 5th) It was a request for more information because I (wife) filled the preparer's section of the form *face palm*

April 11, 2018 - USCIS  notification that our RFIE was received. 

May 18, 2018 - email from USCIS "new card is being produced" (269 days)

May 23, 2018 - Card was Mailed to me (e-notification)

May 25, 2018 - NOAs for EAD/AP approval  (mail)

May 26, 2018 - received combo card!! 

June 20, 2018 - Green Card Interview Date Notice

July 26, 2018 - Green Card Interview

August 3, 2018 - Green Card in hand!!

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

December 2, 2016 - sent I-129F packet from Cartagena to my US mailing address

December 5, 2016 - my mom sent I-129F pack to Lewsville, TX

Decmber 6, 2016 - I-129F packet received

December 9. 2016 - NOA1 e-notification receipt

December 15, 2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

March 8, 2017 - NOA2 APPROVED

March 21, 2017 - NVC CASE # 

April 26-29 - Lab, Medical Exam, and Fingerprints done

May 2, 2017 - Interview in Bogotá  && APPROVED!

July 19, 2017 -THE LOML & I TRAVEL TO USA

July 27, 2017 - Married 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

How annoying. It is actually over a year ago I had my medical in the UK now. I paid loads for it too. 

Yea the medical is valid for 1 year and my medicals expired on Jan 30 2018 and i don't think we need another medicals because we have already submitted the medicals with AOS and if the processing is delayed then it's not our issue.Our friend @adipo21 had his medicals expired 4 days before the AOS interview date but then no question was raised about the medicals at his interview nor they asked for a new medicals and his AOS was approved on the same day. 

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.