TBoneTX

July 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

820 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Pat&Rose said:

Hi @Shav @Naes @BVGApeach my visa was approved last may 30’ even though i dont have the police certificate in Algeria’ the interviewer ask me about it but i told him that i dont have the police clearance because its impossible to have that’since i cant go back to algeria and my work permit is expired already ‘ ive been here in Philippine cor 1 yr, but after the interview i was approved and theres no other questions regarding the police certificate ‘ but when i check my visa status its on •administrative process’ im worried about it’ please give me an advise’ do i need to wait for along time again help’ 😢😭😭

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Pat&Rose said:

Hi @Shav @Naes my visa was approved last may 30’ even though i dont have the police certificate in Algeria’ the interviewer ask me about it but i told him that i dont have the police clearance because its impossible to have that’since i cant go back to algeria and my work permit is expired already ‘ ive been here in Philippine cor 1 yr, but after the interview i was approved and theres no other questions regarding the police certificate ‘ but when i check my visa status its on •administrative process’ im worried about it’ please give me an advise’ do i need to wait for along time again help’ 😢😭😭

All cases go into AP so I don't see a reason to get worried unless the embassy told you something was missing. 

Timeline

@Naesthanks, i feel relieved ‘ but feel wooried coz maybe it will take so long to visa issuance! Pls gve me some advice i feel so bad right now coz they approve me even i dont have police certificate ‘ im worried coz maybe they ask me for it again’ huhuh

do you think they will deny my visa???

@Naes

Timeline
1 minute ago, Pat&Rose said:

@Naesthanks, i feel relieved ‘ but feel wooried coz maybe it will take so long to visa issuance! Pls gve me some advice i feel so bad right now coz they approve me even i dont have police certificate ‘ im worried coz maybe they ask me for it again’ huhuh

It is possible that they ask for it.

can’t the police certificate be obtained from an embassy? If it can’t be obtained unless you live in Algeria then they wouldn’t ask but if it is obtainable they might.

Timeline

do you think they will deny my visa???

@Naes

In the 1st window they ask for the police certificate ‘ and told them i dont have! Then during the interview in the last phase the consular officer just ask me if i have and when i said i dont have he ask another questions then he yold me im approved and wait for 5-10 days im worried huhuh

Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

It is possible that they ask for it.

can’t the police certificate be obtained from an embassy? If it can’t be obtained unless you live in Algeria then they wouldn’t ask but if it is obtainable they might.

They just ask me if i have police certificate ‘ ehen i said i donth have he dont tell me i need to get one’ he just told me ur visa is approved so im worried coz maybe its the reason whyy status in in administrative process’ how come he dont tell me its needed during my interview 

Timeline

They just ask me if i have police certificate ‘ ehen i said i donth have he dont tell me i need to get one’ he just told me ur visa is approved so im worried coz maybe its the reason whyy status in in administrative process’ how come he dont tell me its needed during my interview 

I have no idea. Maybe Algeria is one of the exempt countries. If that’s the case then it wouldn’t be a problem.

Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

I have no idea. Maybe Algeria is one of the exempt countries. If that’s the case then it wouldn’t be a problem.

In the screening phase the officer told me it needed’ but during my last phase w/c is interview the american consular offer just ask me if i have i told him none!! But why he still approved me??? Im worried huhu

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Pat&Rose said:

In the screening phase the officer told me it needed’ but during my last phase w/c is interview the american consular offer just ask me if i have i told him none!! But why he still approved me??? Im worried huhu

Approval on interview doesn't mean they may not need additional information.

However, theres no use thinking about it unless they ask for. I don't know why you didn't get it, as it says it is obtainable from outside of Algeria.

quote:

" For Algerian citizens and foreign national residents outside of Algeria, a police record can be obtained through the Algerian embassy or consulate in the person’s country of residence. "

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Algeria.html

All you can do is wait and see what happens, they may not even ask for it but I can't say anything for sure.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Naes said:

Approval on interview doesn't mean they may not need additional information.

However, theres no use thinking about it unless they ask for. I don't know why you didn't get it, as it says it is obtainable from outside of Algeria.

quote:

" For Algerian citizens and foreign national residents outside of Algeria, a police record can be obtained through the Algerian embassy or consulate in the person’s country of residence. "

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Algeria.html

All you can do is wait and see what happens, they may not even ask for it but I can't say anything for sure.

Im worried maybe they will denied my visa

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Pat&Rose said:

No, I really don't think it will go to denial because of this. The worst case they will ask you to provide the police certification. 

Timeline

I told them i cnt get the visa’ since my residence visa is expired’ i also dont have any close relatives in algeria’ its so confusing huhu

Timeline
Just now, Pat&Rose said:

I told them i cnt get the visa’ since my residence visa is expired’ i also dont have any close relatives in algeria’ its so confusing huhu

Then they may just tell you that you don't need residence visa for previous records and you don't need close relatives as you can apply it from outside of Algeria.

This is probably what they are checking. 

Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

No, I really don't think it will go to denial because of this. The worst case they will ask you to provide the police certification. 

That will be the problem i know’ they are now processing my case since june4 im still checking it and still in AP 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

Then they may just tell you that you don't need residence visa for previous records and you don't need close relatives as you can apply it from outside of Algeria.

This is probably what they are checking. 

I think so but we dont have algerian embassy here in philippines:( the nearest is malaysia’ but there no email or any advise from them that i need to get one ‘ im still waiting until know coz i dont know how can i get the police certificate 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.