TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part IV

2,070 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

It must be such a bittersweet feeling. Leaving everything behind but moving towards the love of your life.

We're all living up to that moment of NOA-2. Waiting, watching, more waiting. Then when it finally arrives it will be so unreal. I wonder at what time you realize that this is really happening.

I know. I think it went so quick after noa2, but my fiancé thought it was slow lol. 

I don’t think it’s still sank in. It’ll sink in when I meet him in o’hare Airport lol.

My mum has been over to help with my packing and she keeps saying “this feels so wrong that I’m packing for you to leave the country” lol she’s just a lil upset I’m going as we have a close relationship. But she also tells me she’s super happy for me. She will be giving me away also. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, KandW said:

I know. I think it went so quick after noa2, but my fiancé thought it was slow lol. 

I don’t think it’s still sank in. It’ll sink in when I meet him in o’hare Airport lol.

My mum has been over to help with my packing and she keeps saying “this feels so wrong that I’m packing for you to leave the country” lol she’s just a lil upset I’m going as we have a close relationship. But she also tells me she’s super happy for me. She will be giving me away also. 

That's so true. As the USC, I still think it went by so fast after NOA2 lol

My fiancé had his medical the week before I went to visit, and within the 2 weeks I was there visiting, he had his interview, got approved, got his visa, and booked his flight home in May. At the last family dinner before I left to come back to the states, we were all talking about it and his 3 year old nephew says very sadly "Why is Uncle leaving?". I almost lost it at the dinner table :crying: It's the worst part. No matter which way we'd decided to go - living here or in Sweden - someone would have to tell their family & friends goodbye. It sucks. I got so attached to his family during visits, too, and I'd forget that our time together would always have an end date. They weren't going to just be on the other side of town, or just in the next state over.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
10 hours ago, useful89 said:

So it takes about 4 months now for Work permission?

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=264344

If you look at my timeline you can see "Employment Authorization" and "Advanced Parole" (Travel)

You can see the date range estimate/stats under both of those sections? It actually says Aug until late Aug/early Sept so could be 5 months. 

Also here is what USCIS says: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/#mainContent if you pick the forms (i-765 for employment, i-131 for travel, i-485 for adjust status). They just give a range to you 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Timeline
5 hours ago, Little_Vixen said:

I was planning on getting my drivers license in that period, I need to do the whole theoretical and practical anew. <_<

I'd also like to help out at the local library (they have a genealogy department which is what I do for a living) and find a dog training club nearby (I run national competitions in agility). You know, get to know some people in the community. And the kitchen needs to be remodeled so I bet that's going to be my project.

When is you POE?

Driving License is stressing me out. She needs a SS # to apply for a license. We applied for SS# on March 12 after arriving in USA March 10 and now still waiting for it to arrive. 

The o0nly way to check on it is to go in the SS office. They told us that step 1 of the process was completed March 26/27, now we need to wait 2 more weeks. Just seems so slow compared to what others experienced, and that is driven by the local office you go into. The staff in there are so rude and lazy.

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Paul & Mallory said:

That's so true. As the USC, I still think it went by so fast after NOA2 lol

My fiancé had his medical the week before I went to visit, and within the 2 weeks I was there visiting, he had his interview, got approved, got his visa, and booked his flight home in May. At the last family dinner before I left to come back to the states, we were all talking about it and his 3 year old nephew says very sadly "Why is Uncle leaving?". I almost lost it at the dinner table :crying: It's the worst part. No matter which way we'd decided to go - living here or in Sweden - someone would have to tell their family & friends goodbye. It sucks. I got so attached to his family during visits, too, and I'd forget that our time together would always have an end date. They weren't going to just be on the other side of town, or just in the next state over.

Wonderful words and they describe exactly how I feel. My POE is April 21nd and I am incredibly happy to be with the love of my life finally. I missed him and his family like crazy but saying goodbye to my family and friends hurts really, really deep. It´s bittersweet but so worth it.

Edited by MaSi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
9 minutes ago, MaSi said:

Wonderful words and they describe exactly how I feel. My POE is April 21nd and I am incredibly happy to be with the love of my life finally. I missed him and his family like crazy but saying goodbye to my family and friends hurts really, really deep. It´s bittersweet but so worth it.

Exactly - definitely bittersweet! It doesn't negate the excitement and anticipation of being with our loved ones, but doesn't diminish the tough part, unfortunately.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:11 PM, Habitaters said:

I am not sure if I half-won or half-lost the battle. Or maybe it's the same difference.

It was my interview in Montreal today.

Q&A went perfectly well - interviewer said she had no doubt that our relationship is genuine. All of the documents were fine, everything checked out, except for two things:

First: My ORIGINAL birth certificate from the Philippines is no longer valid according to her since Philippines revamped their system and birth certificates are now in a form of a card with watermark as opposed to my very old and yellowing paper document with actual ink signatures and seal. She said I need to get a new and original copy from the Philippines ... Of course I would like to argue that you can't get any more original than the document that I was holding in front of her, so old and original that it can disintegrate any moment :)   but I didn't want to be perceived as annoying and stubborn & jeopardize my chance. I wasn't aware of the change that took place in the Philippines since I've lived most of my life in Canada. Of course the first thing I did when I got out of the interview & back to my hotel, was order one on-line. I just hope that Philippines will act on my request quickly.

Second: The RFE on my Fiance's Decree's Absolute came up again. I mentioned to her that we've already satisfied the very same inquiry (RFE) at USCIS and thus got approved but she said she doesn't have a copy of what we sent to USCIS. I didn't even think of making a copy of my fiance's explanation why Decree's Absolute IS the divorce paper. Again, I tried to justify my case but didn't want to reach the point that she gets irked by my persistence.

So right now, I am not sure if I should celebrate for the smooth Q&A, or cry over the 2 documents that we still have to produce & present. Oh my gosh, the loonggg wait!  This is a real test for true love.

Got the Decree Absolute sorted out. Thank you, UK! Now it's just the birth certificate from Philippines. C'mon Philippines, I am counting on you :) Almost there!!!  One day I am going to look back at this and just smile. Have a great weekend guys! We're expecting ice pellets and freezing rain here in Toronto this weekend.   :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 hours ago, George & Roth said:

$1,225 check included. I thought it would be less :energy:

I actually thought it'd be more than that, right? I went on USCIS filling fees website and for AOS it's $1,140 and EA is $410 so a total of about $1500 and with your travel app another $575, I'm confused. Can you clarify? Thanks! :)

CASE FILED/SENT: 9/25/17

USCIS RECEIVED: 9/27/17

NOA 1: 9/29/17

NOA 2: 4/03/18

NVC RCVD. & CASE # ASSIGNED: 4/24/18

CASE LEFT NVC: 4/27/18

CONSULATE RECEIVED CASE: 4/29/18

MEDICAL @ ST. LUKE'S: 5/17/18

SPUTUM TEST: 5/23-25/18

PULMONARY EVAL: 5/30/18

CULTURE RESULT: 7/26/18 NEGATIVE!!!

INTERVIEW DATE: 8/07/18 APPROVED!!!

VISA RECEIVED: 9/01/18

CFO SEMINAR: 9/25/18

US ENTRY:  9/28/18 

MARRIAGE: 10/25/18

AOS FILED: 12/14/18 I-765, I-485, I-131

AOS NOA1: 12/19/18

BIOMETRICS SCHEDULE: 01/08/19

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

EAD and  AP are free if applying at the same time as the AOS.. total cost is AOS and Biometrics 

:thumbs:

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
45 minutes ago, LydiaP said:

Still. Nothing. NADA.

Another week gone by. Another week without knowing. We're heartbroken.

I know, it’s so frustrating :wacko: We’re almost at day 300 and nothing...not sure where the light is at the end of this tunnel. I can only hope we hear something by the one year mark 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Day 303. 33 days since RFE receipt. I was refreshing my app all night last night.

I'm a 2nd year PhD student. I'm teaching 50 students, grading, taking classes, presenting papers, volunteering at the local school all while right in the middle of my comprehensive exams. He was supposed to be here to help support me through this. My home is a disaster, I have no energy to cook, or clean, or even make my bed before I fall into it and cry myself to sleep. He's still jobless, since the company he worked for went bankrupt last November. No one will hire him because we don't know how long he'll be there. He's been applying to temp jobs for months and still nothing. This isn't fair. We don't deserve this. None of us deserve this. I'm just really freaking angry today and I'm taking it out on everyone around me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, LydiaP said:

Day 303. 33 days since RFE receipt. I was refreshing my app all night last night.

I'm a 2nd year PhD student. I'm teaching 50 students, grading, taking classes, presenting papers, volunteering at the local school all while right in the middle of my comprehensive exams. He was supposed to be here to help support me through this. My home is a disaster, I have no energy to cook, or clean, or even make my bed before I fall into it and cry myself to sleep. He's still jobless, since the company he worked for went bankrupt last November. No one will hire him because we don't know how long he'll be there. He's been applying to temp jobs for months and still nothing. This isn't fair. We don't deserve this. None of us deserve this. I'm just really freaking angry today and I'm taking it out on everyone around me.

My fiancé always says that the things that are worthwhile are the things which are the hardest. I keep trying to remind myself of this as this process lingers on...hang in there, this has to come to an end at some point!!

19 hours ago, KBA said:

My fiancé always says that the things that are worthwhile are the things which are the hardest. I keep trying to remind myself of this as this process lingers on...hang in there, this has to come to an end at some point!!

Hey! I already left and came back from visiting my fiance in DR and still no NOA 2! Its been over 60 days that they received my response to the RFE 🤔 at 305 days I feel forgotten smdh but I keep my head and faith up.. Hopefully I hear something. I called and was told that the California Center is taking 7-8 month for K1 but I said NO mines is almost at a Year.. So the officer submitted a service request as to why its taking longer than the processing time I believe its outrageously over processing time.. Waiting 😔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.