TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part IV

2,070 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jabberwocky1969 said:

Just got a text of an approval .. even before snail mail.  Looks like my venomous Tweets to USCIS and Dept of Homeland Security turned the trick.

Congrats about time!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
9 hours ago, LydiaP said:

Well, we've made it to day 300. 30 days since the RFE was received (halfway to that 60 mark).

The only thing they needed from me was proof of my citizenship. 

There are literally no words to describe the hopelessness I feel now.

My NOA2 came after exactly 42 days after RFE received date. I felt as if I was going to go insane. Please don’t loose hope, I know it sounds obnoxious coming from people who have theirs already but it will be in your update or mail when you least expect it. I had even scheduled an infopass for my 60 day marker. I’m praying for you and the others who are still waiting. My heart is with you guys. ❤️

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am not sure if I half-won or half-lost the battle. Or maybe it's the same difference.

It was my interview in Montreal today.

Q&A went perfectly well - interviewer said she had no doubt that our relationship is genuine. All of the documents were fine, everything checked out, except for two things:

First: My ORIGINAL birth certificate from the Philippines is no longer valid according to her since Philippines revamped their system and birth certificates are now in a form of a card with watermark as opposed to my very old and yellowing paper document with actual ink signatures and seal. She said I need to get a new and original copy from the Philippines ... Of course I would like to argue that you can't get any more original than the document that I was holding in front of her, so old and original that it can disintegrate any moment :)   but I didn't want to be perceived as annoying and stubborn & jeopardize my chance. I wasn't aware of the change that took place in the Philippines since I've lived most of my life in Canada. Of course the first thing I did when I got out of the interview & back to my hotel, was order one on-line. I just hope that Philippines will act on my request quickly.

Second: The RFE on my Fiance's Decree's Absolute came up again. I mentioned to her that we've already satisfied the very same inquiry (RFE) at USCIS and thus got approved but she said she doesn't have a copy of what we sent to USCIS. I didn't even think of making a copy of my fiance's explanation why Decree's Absolute IS the divorce paper. Again, I tried to justify my case but didn't want to reach the point that she gets irked by my persistence.

So right now, I am not sure if I should celebrate for the smooth Q&A, or cry over the 2 documents that we still have to produce & present. Oh my gosh, the loonggg wait!  This is a real test for true love.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Habitaters said:

I am not sure if I half-won or half-lost the battle. Or maybe it's the same difference.

Q&A went perfectly well - interviewer said she had no doubt that our relationship is genuine. All of the documents were fine, everything checked out, except for two things:

First: My ORIGINAL birth certificate from the Philippines is no longer valid according to her since Philippines revamped their system and birth certificates are now in a form of a card with watermark as opposed to my very old and yellowing paper document with actual ink signatures and seal. She said I need to get a new and original copy from the Philippines ... Of course I would like to argue that you can't get any more original than the document that I was holding in front of her, so old and original that it can disintegrate any moment :)   but I didn't want to be perceived as annoying and stubborn & jeopardize my chance. I wasn't aware of the change that took place in the Philippines since I've lived most of my life in Canada. Of course the first thing I did when I got out of the interview & back to my hotel, was order one on-line. I just hope that Philippines will act on my request quickly.

Second: The RFE on my Fiance's Decree's Absolute came up again. I mentioned to her that we've already satisfied the very same inquiry (RFE) at USCIS and thus got approved but she said she doesn't have a copy of what we sent to USCIS. I didn't even think of making a copy of my fiance's explanation why Decree's Absolute IS the divorce paper. Again, I tried to justify my case but didn't want to reach the point that she gets irked by my persistence.

So right now, I am not sure if I should celebrate for the smooth Q&A, or cry over the 2 documents that we still have to produce & present. Oh my gosh, the loonggg wait!  This is a real test for true love.

Wow, what an ordeal!! Sounds like things you can fix, just more waiting!

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Habitaters said:

P.S. Interviewer wanted Decree's Absolute with signature and stamp/seal. UK does not do that. My fiance explained that to USCIS, they understood and approved our case. I can't believe that we have to explain the very same thing again to the embassy. She won't take my word for it, she said she wants something in writing from UK's divorce registry  stating that they don't sign/seal Decree's Absolute.

Edited by Habitaters

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

So after a long wait I finally got all aproved from the NVC and now have to work on my K visa checklist. I am on the usatraveldocs website and am trying to work on my document delivery address. I am having troubles with the part that is asking to select visa category. It doesnt say anything about Kvisa, just :

C5 - EMPLOYMENT CREATION
C51 - EMPLOYMENT CREATION OUTSIDE TARGETED AREA
C52 - SPOUSE OF ALIEN CLASSIFIED C51
C53 - CHILD OF AN ALIEN CLASSIFIED C51
CR1 - CONDITIONAL IR1 SPOUSE OF US CITIZEN
CR2 - CONDITIONAL IR2 CHILD OF US CITIZEN
DV1 - Diversity Immigrant
DV2 - Spouse of DV1
DV3 - Child of DV1
E11 - ALIEN WITH EXTRAORDINARY ABILITY
E12 - OUTSTANDING PROFESSOR OR RESEARCHER
E13 - MULTINATIONAL EXECUTIVE OR MANAGER
E14 - SPOUSE OF ALIEN CLASSIFIED E11, E12 OR E13
E15 - CHILD OF AN ALIEN CLASSIFIED E11, E12 OR E13
E21 - PROFESSIONAL HOLDING ADVANCED DEGREE OR WITH EXCEPTIONAL ABILITY
E22 - SPOUSE OF ALIEN CLASSIFIED E21
E23 - CHILD OF AN ALIEN CLASSIFIED E21
E31 - SKILLED WORKER
E32 - PROFESSIONAL HOLDING BACCALAUREATE DEGREE
E34 - SPOUSE OF ALIEN CLASSIFIED E31 OR E32
E35 - CHILD OF ALIEN CLASSIFED E31 OR E32
E4 - CERTAIN SPECIAL IMMIGRANTS ( S D THROUGH S L)
EW - OTHER WORKERS
EW3 - OTHER WORKERS
EW4 - SPOUSE OF ALIEN CLASSIFIED EW3
EW5 - CHILD OF AN ALIEN CLASSIFED EW3
F11 - UNMARRIED SON/DAUGHTER OF U. S. CITIZEN
F12 - CHILD OF ALIEN CLASSIFIED F11
F21 - SPOUSE OF ALIEN RESIDENT
F22 - CHILD OF LAWFUL ALIEN RESIDENT
F23 - CHILD OF ALIEN CLASSIFED F21 OR F22
F24 - UNMARRIED SON/DAUGHTER OF PERMANENT RESIDENT
F25 - CHILD OF AN ALIEN CLASSIFIED F24
F2A - SPOUSES AND CHILDREN OF PERMANENT RESIDENTS
F2B - UNMARRIED SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF PERMANENT RESIDENTS
F3 - MARRIED SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF U. S. CITIZENS
F31 - MARRIED SON/DAUGHTER OF U.S. CITIZEN
F32 - SPOUSE OF ALIEN CLASSIFIED F31
F33 - CHILD OF ALIEN CLASSIFIED F31
F4 - BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF U. S. CITIZENS
F41 - BROTHER/SISTER OF U.S. CITIZEN
F42 - SPOUSE OF ALIEN CLASSIFIED F41
F43 - CHILD OF ALIEN CLASSIFIED F41
FX - SPOUSES AND CHILDREN OF PERMANENT RESIDENTS
FX1 - SPOUSE OF ALIEN RESIDENT -EXEMPT FROM LIMITATION
FX2 - CHILD OF ALIEN RESIDENT - EXEMPT FROM LIMITATION
FX3 - CHILD OF FX1, FX2
I5 - EMPLOYMENT CREATION
I51 - INVESTOR PILOT PROGRAM, IN TARGET AREA
I52 - SPOUSE OF I51
I53 - CHILD OF I51
IB - SELF PETITIONING IMMEDIATE RELATIVE
IB1 - SELF PETITIONING SPOUSE OF US CITIZEN
IB2 - SELF PETITIONING CHILD OF US CITIZEN
IB3 - CHILD OF IB1
IH3 - CHILD ADOPTED ABROAD BY USC UNDER HAGUE CONVENTION
IH4 - CHILD TO BE ADOPTED IN US BY USC UNDER HAGUE CONV
IR - IMMEDIATE RELATIVE
IR1 - SPOUSE OF UNITED STATES CITIZEN
IR2 - CHILD OF UNITED STATES CITIZEN
IR3 - ORPHAN ADOPTED ABROAD BY US CITIZEN
IR4 - ORPHAN TO BE ADOPTED IN U.S. BY U.S. CITIZEN
IR5 - PARENT OF US CITIZEN
IW - WIDOW/WIDOWER/CHILD OF US CITIZEN
IW1 - WIDOW/WIDOWER OF U.S. CITIZEN
IW2 - CHILD OF ALIEN CLASSIFIED AS IW1
SE - CERTAIN USG EMPLOYEES ABROAD
SE1 - CERTAIN USG EMPLOYEES ABROAD
SE2 - SPOUSE OF SE1
SE3 - CHILD OF SE1
SI - IRAQI OR AFGHAN TRANSLATOR
SI1 - IRAQI OR AFGHAN TRANSLATOR - PRINCIPAL
SI2 - SPOUSE OF SI1
SI3 - CHILD OF SI1
SK - CERTAIN RETIRED INTL ORGANIZATION EMPLOYEES
SK1 - CERTAIN RETIRED INTL ORGANIZATION EMPLOYEES
SK2 - SPOUSE OF SK1
SK3 - CERTAIN UNMARRIED SONS/DAUGHTERS OF INTL ORG EMPS
SK4 - CERTAIN SURVIVING SPOUSES OF DECEASED INT ORG EMPS
SQ - IRAQIS AND AFGHANS EMPLOYED BY OR ON BEHALF OF USG
SQ1 - IRAQI &AFGHAN EMPL BY OR ON BEHALF OF USG - PRINCI
SQ2 - SPOUSE OF SQ1
SQ3 - CHILD OF SQ1
SR - CERTAIN RELIGIOUS WORKERS
SR1 - CERTAIN RELIGIOUS WORKERS
SR2 - SPOUSE OF ALIEN CLASSIFED SR1
SR3 - CHILD OF ALIEN CLASSIFIED SR1
SU5 - PARENT OF U1
T5 - EMPLOYMENT CREATION
T51 - EMPLOYMENT CREATION IN TARGETED AREA
T52 - SPOUSE OF ALIEN CLASSIFIED T51

T53 - CHILD OF AN ALIEN CLASSIFIED T51

Can anyone please help me out what I have to select? It only gives me this as a choice for Immigrant Visa.

Much Thanks,

Kate

Timeline
10 hours ago, Habitaters said:

Think I saw you there. When you came back from the interview I could tell all was not well. I felt super bad :( But you will get it figured out soon! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ekat said:

Nevermind, I went straight to Kvisa instead of the document delivery link and it let me do it without these options. XD

I'm glad you got it resolved, but I'm wondering if the issue was the difference between choosing immigrant visa instead of nonimmigrant visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, LydiaP said:

Day 301. 31 days since my RFE has been received. No news.

I'm sorry sweetheart. I'm counting the days with you. You'll get your noa2 any day now. Just hang in there. Just like John you won't know what hit you once you finally get it. Big hugs to you sweety. 

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Little_Vixen said:

I'm sorry sweetheart. I'm counting the days with you. You'll get your noa2 any day now. Just hang in there. Just like John you won't know what hit you once you finally get it. Big hugs to you sweety. 

Thank you. It helps to know that people are hoping with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
8 hours ago, George & Roth said:

On to the next steps, I have completed forms and sent:

I-485 Adjustment of Status

I-864 Affidavit of Support

I-131 Application for Travel

I-765 Application for Employment

G-1145 E-notification

$1,225 check included. I thought it would be less :energy:

And now back to waiting......looks like Aug for travel and work permission based on VJ timelines. 

So it takes about 4 months now for Work permission?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.