TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part IV

2,070 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, purplepink said:

SOOOOOOOO I found out my passport number on my initial 129f was entered incorrectly.

Somehow this passed the initial USCIS officer and the NVC

SO now i'm assuming that this is why it's being returned to NVC.

I'm so afraid of the uphill battle infront of me.

I will literally be the last person to get their visa lol. 

That is good news.  Now smile, take a deep breath and get it fixed.  Did you send copies of your passport with the petition?  I think this will be a relatively easy fix.  If copies were sent they will not be thinking fraud.  It is just a simple clerical error.  You will get an RFE.  Respond immediately and you are right back on track.  Make scanned copies of your passport and send that with a letter explaining the error.  Relax.  You got this.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Honestly, I"M SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW.

I tried to submit the DS-160 yesterday for the sake of it and it wouldn't let me cause they said my passport number is incorrect. That's how i found out about the error. 

Yesterday, i emailed the montreal embassy and i informed them of the mistake in regards to my passport number. I send them a scanned copy of my passport and i asked them to fix it.

today when i tried to submit my ds-160, it let me submit.

I got the confirmation email and everything.

Still no reply from the embassy.

CEAC still says "returned to NVC"

Just super confused at this point.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
18 hours ago, purplepink said:

SOOOOOOOO I found out my passport number on my initial 129f was entered incorrectly.

Somehow this passed the initial USCIS officer and the NVC

SO now i'm assuming that this is why it's being returned to NVC.

I'm so afraid of the uphill battle infront of me.

I will literally be the last person to get their visa lol. 

I don't know, that sounds like good news to me! That seems like an easy fix, and at least you know WHY now. It's not as much confusion. It's a generic error that probably has a generic resolution. No, waiting longer because it has to be fixed isn't pleasant. But way better than being in the dark completely! XOXO

6 minutes ago, purplepink said:

Honestly, I"M SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW.

I tried to submit the DS-160 yesterday for the sake of it and it wouldn't let me cause they said my passport number is incorrect. That's how i found out about the error. 

Yesterday, i emailed the montreal embassy and i informed them of the mistake in regards to my passport number. I send them a scanned copy of my passport and i asked them to fix it.

today when i tried to submit my ds-160, it let me submit.

I got the confirmation email and everything.

Still no reply from the embassy.

CEAC still says "returned to NVC"

Just super confused at this point.

I think all you can do is wait for the error to get resolved. I'm sure they'll notify you if you have to resubmit anything...? Not sure. Just wait for the response from the embassy. Now that you know what it is, you're mentally prepared to deal with it.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 minutes ago, purplepink said:

Thanks guys.

It's just the CEAC status that worries me the most.

Return to NVC sounds so final and hopelesssss. 

I would feel COMPLETELY the same. But it's not final! Nothing's final unless it has the word "Approved" or "Denied" in it. :P

Just take a deep breath, calm your nerves, and push forward. You're still closer than you were in the beginning, and once NOA2 DOES come, things move VERY fast. :)

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Well, we've made it to day 300. 30 days since the RFE was received (halfway to that 60 mark).

The only thing they needed from me was proof of my citizenship. 

There are literally no words to describe the hopelessness I feel now.

Edited by LydiaP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, LydiaP said:

Well, we've made it to day 300. 30 days since the RFE was received (halfway to that 60 mark).

Have you called recently?

Hi All,

Just wanted to share we had our interview today and was turned down. According to the officer we lack evidence of a continuing relationship, as well as they need "old" evidence from the beginning or our relationship. My fiancé was also asked for whatsapp text proof. So for now I'm trying everything possible to obtain what is needed to send back and hope for the best. He was asked lots of questions, my favorite color, how we got engaged, my employment, what type of work my parents do, what my room looks like and some personal questions. Really wish we had the luck like some others I have seen. But Im praying better days are ahead. I hope all is well with everyone. Congrats to all that has had success so far. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dee28 said:

Hi All,

Just wanted to share we had our interview today and was turned down. According to the officer we lack evidence of a continuing relationship, as well as they need "old" evidence from the beginning or our relationship. My fiancé was also asked for whatsapp text proof. So for now I'm trying everything possible to obtain what is needed to send back and hope for the best. He was asked lots of questions, my favorite color, how we got engaged, my employment, what type of work my parents do, what my room looks like and some personal questions. Really wish we had the luck like some others I have seen. But Im praying better days are ahead. I hope all is well with everyone. Congrats to all that has had success so far. 

I'm so sorry. This is my fear. I am scared to death that somehow something is going wrong which is why we're waiting so long.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
9 hours ago, LydiaP said:

Today was day 59 for me. Will start making enquires tomorrow. Don't give up, its not over till its over.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.