TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part IV

2,070 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
10 minutes ago, BigRob1969 said:

Oopse. I was excited and I typed wrong. Yes it's an I-797.

Awesome news!!!  Congratulations!!! 

That is definitely an approval.  Not sure why it says it is being forwarded to the listed consulate, instead of the NVC, but definitely good news.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, BigRob1969 said:

I got something from DHS/USCS today! I-179 notice of action. 

But it says "the above petition has been approved and forwarded to the listed consulate". Doesn't it go to the NVC at this point?  

Our i-797 said the same thing - but it really does go to the NVC. Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
11 minutes ago, KBA said:

Don’t they have 60 days? Will you be close to a year by then? I think we might be a year also 

60 days puts us about 11 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/4/2018 at 5:22 PM, John & Rose said:

My understanding is usually between 5 and 10 days depending on how it is delivered. Some people had extended AP so we will not book any flights until they have visa and CFO stamp in hand. 

My Fiance had her interview on March 27th in Brazil and after approval the officer told her 5-10 days as well.  Our CEAC status was Application Received starting the following day and then on April 3rd it went from Application Received, to Administrative Processing, to Issued all in the same day.  My Fiance has not received an email with the tracking number yet (residential delivery was not available in her city so we had it sent to the nearest office) so we are still waiting.  I am optimistic we will get the tracking number early next week and the Visa should arrive by the end of next week.  Well here is to hoping anyway!  I think some Consulates may text the Beneficiary, but I am not certain on that.

I-129F Sent: June 22nd, 2017 (via attorney) :D

I-129F Received: June 30th, 2017 (USCIS date) :)

I-129F NOA1: July 5th, 2017 (VJ date) :whistle:

I-129F NOA2: January 16th, 2018 :D

event.png

15 hours ago, KBA said:

Thank you :( Haven’t heard any updates from @Martin3517 but I’m hoping he would share any good news he might have!! 

15 hours ago, KBA said:

Got an email back from CSC saying that the security checks are *still* pending. Also our case has not yet assigned to anyone yet at the omsbudsman office. So not much else to do but now but wait :blink: :whistle: Thanks to everyone for the positive thoughts, I am hoping there is an answer in the not so distant future

My lawyer told me my case is assigned already and being adjudicated, but that was 60 days ago. and they gave me 45 days timeline. my lawyer again submitted an inquiry and their response is they can't give an exact date when will my case get a decision. 

I think my papers are too detailed that they having hard time reviewing it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
9 hours ago, LydiaP said:

Pretty sure I'm gonna hit the year mark.

Seems reasonable for you to expect a year. The odds may say by next month but better to expect a later date to avoid another letdown if it doesn’t complete by next month.

70 days can go by quickly, just try and keep your mind occupied on other things.....no easy task. I spent time catching up with friends to decrease my frequency of tantrums.

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Martin3517 said:

My lawyer told me my case is assigned already and being adjudicated, but that was 60 days ago. and they gave me 45 days timeline. my lawyer again submitted an inquiry and their response is they can't give an exact date when will my case get a decision. 

I think my papers are too detailed that they having hard time reviewing it

Ugh! Too detailed? Did you provide too much documentation? 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Eu_Sou_Douglas said:

My Fiance had her interview on March 27th in Brazil and after approval the officer told her 5-10 days as well.  Our CEAC status was Application Received starting the following day and then on April 3rd it went from Application Received, to Administrative Processing, to Issued all in the same day.  My Fiance has not received an email with the tracking number yet (residential delivery was not available in her city so we had it sent to the nearest office) so we are still waiting.  I am optimistic we will get the tracking number early next week and the Visa should arrive by the end of next week.  Well here is to hoping anyway!  I think some Consulates may text the Beneficiary, but I am not certain on that.

in Brasil, you will receive an email (or you can check daily) to go back onto the registration site and schedule an appointment to pickup your VISA at the location you entered previously.

You will do this on the same site as when you scheduled the VISA interview at the Consulate.

The portal may open and allow you to schedule before you receive the email - I'm not sure, as we waited almost two weeks to receive the email - then instructing us to go to registration portal and schedule.

I believe you can get into the portal before you receive the email?  try to access.

5/30/2017: I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox 

6/06/2017:  NOA1 Date

01/02/2018: NOA2  Date
01/24/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/2018: Case Number Assigned

02/12/2018: NVC Email - IN TRANSIT

No NVC Letter Received

02/17/2018:  Scheduled Interview (while still IN TRANSIT)

02/20/2018:  Embassy "READY" status

03/02/2018:  Medical Scheduled

03/06/2018: INTERVIEW Scheduled

03/06/2018: Interview - APPROVED!
03/28/2018: Visa in Hand!!!!
06/11/2018: POE USA - ATLANTA

06/18/ 2018:  MARRIED!   CHARLOTTE, NC

07/27/2018: AOS; i485, i765 & i131 Mailed

07/30/2018: NOA1 Receive Date (i485,i313, i765)

08/10/2018: NOA1 Hardcopies received.

08/16/2018: Biometrics Letter Received

08/30/2018: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

10/22/2018: AOS Interview Scheduled- Electronic Notice

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Ana Maria said:

in Brasil, you will receive an email (or you can check daily) to go back onto the registration site and schedule an appointment to pickup your VISA at the location you entered previously.

You will do this on the same site as when you scheduled the VISA interview at the Consulate.

The portal may open and allow you to schedule before you receive the email - I'm not sure, as we waited almost two weeks to receive the email - then instructing us to go to registration portal and schedule.

I believe you can get into the portal before you receive the email?  try to access.

Thank you very much for the information!  I logged onto the scheduling site and it does not have anything listed where we can schedule a pickup for her Visa.  It has been only 3 days since the status changed to Issued, but it stated on the Consular's website that you could submit an email inquiry after 5 days if you do not receive a tracking number for your Visa.  We may try that and will keep checking the site daily for any updates.  Thanks again for the information!

event.png

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Ana Maria said:

One last question - do you remember how soon you could schedule an appointment to pickup your Visa?  For the actual Visa interview the soonest appointment we could schedule was 4-6 weeks away.  I am hoping the appointment to schedule the pickup of her Visa will not be so far out.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.