TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part IV

2,070 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Don't even think like that.  Denials at this stage are usually very obvious.  You have met at least once in the 2 years prior to filing and you have proof of an ongoing relationship and you are both legally free and clear to marry.  I don't think there is a whole lot of red flags with your petition.  

That being said, the denial feelings will be with you until you are both past immigration at the airport.  Things are going good for us now but we are worried about the interview.  After that we have some filipino only paperwork that can cause another issue and if we get through that, we have POE in Chicago.  Any one of those spots can stop us dead.  How is that for a feel good!

One step at a time.  You will get past USCIS.  I have faith.  After that you can take control!

Yes, I know it’s silly...but of course irrational thoughts start popping into my head at this point lol! Yes this is just one part of the process ...then I’ll have something else to worry about haha!! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, purplepink said:

I still haven't heard back from the Montreal Consulate about my packet 3. It's been like 3 weeks now. 

EVERYTHING STINKS :(

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's like I'm waiting for my approval all over again. 

That stinks!! I see I’ll just have more waiting once we get past the NOA2! BOOO! Are they just backed up I wonder? 

9 minutes ago, KBA said:

Yes, I know it’s silly...but of course irrational thoughts start popping into my head at this point lol! Yes this is just one part of the process ...then I’ll have something else to worry about haha!! 

Indeed!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
36 minutes ago, KBA said:

Yup. That's what I keep thinking. It's starting to feel personal. And now I'm at the stage where I can't even imagine it happening. Like ever. And it makes me really freaking depressed.

Timeline
1 minute ago, LydiaP said:

Yup. That's what I keep thinking. It's starting to feel personal. And now I'm at the stage where I can't even imagine it happening. Like ever. And it makes me really freaking depressed.

Yes I feel the exact same way...like it’s never going to happen!! Hang in there 

57 minutes ago, LydiaP said:

That is where I was before it happened.  Trust me, all that anxiety will go away very soon.  It is forgotten the second you get approved.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Knoka said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your visa from the US embassy in the Philippines? I praying within 9 days, or do you get it the same day. any info would be helpful. Thanks again and luck to all who are still waiting. My Rose's interview is April 16  hoping to fly her into the states by the 26. Hopeful I'm not jumping the gun.

At the end of the interview, the CO said visa delivery will take 1-2 weeks. I got mine after 6 days. Just make sure you have all the documents they need at the embassy - cenomar, birth certificate, NBI clearance and police clearance from other countries, if applicable. Oh, and the petitioner's divorce decree if previously married.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
15 hours ago, purplepink said:

I still haven't heard back from the Montreal Consulate about my packet 3. It's been like 3 weeks now. 

EVERYTHING STINKS :(

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's like I'm waiting for my approval all over again. 

Did they said on your letter they will schedule an interview for you or are you able to schedule it yourself? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kari & Atti said:

Our case is ready for interview!!! Atti is not 😂😂😂

00344B1F-B3FE-4027-8C9B-10E5E58C9D59.jpeg

This is what my status says too. It's been saying that for the past 2 weeks, but apparently we (Canadians) aren't allowed to schedule the interview until AFTER they receive the packet 4. Which we have not received because we are still waiting for packet 3.

ugh. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nearly there said:

Oh it was really bad timing, but that seemed to be our luck in general during the last 10months. Good news finally  we had issued Wednesday am, picked up Wednesday afternoon and was delivered Thursday morning.......I am all packed and ready to fly out 6.30am Friday morning. POE San Francisco Friday morning 7am :D:D:D 

See you at the airport tomorrow morning :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

HIIIIIIIIII GUYSSSSSSSS.

So, finally, my medical paperwork was sent to the London embassy today. (Had my medical on March 3rd...)

Does anyone know if it will be there by Monday? I don't know how quick things arrive there. My interview is Monday morning and I am bricking it.  💩

10 minutes ago, Lotts said:

HIIIIIIIIII GUYSSSSSSSS.

So, finally, my medical paperwork was sent to the London embassy today. (Had my medical on March 3rd...)

Does anyone know if it will be there by Monday? I don't know how quick things arrive there. My interview is Monday morning and I am bricking it.  💩

I’m pretty sure it will be there by monday if it isnt already seeing as its only 30 mins away. I bet its like a guy on a scooter at the end of the day who puts them all in a box on his bike and delivers them to the embassy. Can’t imagine it would take two days as its special transfer not postal. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.