TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part IV

2,070 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Oksmanoks said:

You were probably cutting up some onions when you checked the uscis website. ;) Congratulations! :) Hopefully the next step wouldn't take as long... :)

Yeah, that's what I was doing!

yes hopefully not.

17 minutes ago, KBA said:

Congratulations!! 🍾🎉 

Thank you. Still a ways to go but at least I know it's moving. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, BigRob1969 said:

I was just going to the uscis case status page to get the receipt number to put on the form to send to my congressman and I figured while I was there I'd go ahead and check the status, expecting to see the same thing I've been seeing for months but instead it said 

MY CASE WAS APPROVED! I guess it just happened because I haven't even got an e-mail about it yet.

I started to cry for joy. Um....I mean um, something got in my eyes and they teared up at that exact moment-crazy coincidence, huh. 

Oh wow! Congratulations!

I can imagine how happy you are right now. 

Just yesterday, you were one of us that's on the waiting game, now you got the approval you have been waiting for so long!

Celebrate the movement. 

We are happy for you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

I am beyond sad and full of questions that doesn’t come out. We have a sponsor and paper saying I will get my disability check indefinitely in USA, and if I have any medical expenses I will get paid partly back from Norwegian government. 

Yes, I am 100 % disabled here in Norway and I am on no medication other than alergi and over the counter pain pills.... similar to Advil. I will get all from my Norwegian government and having a sponsor, so how the hell am I going to be a public charge for the American government?! 

We we are going to talk to a lawyer on Thursday over Skype and on top of it all the USCIS approval we have will end at 22 nd April. We don’t even know if that time frame will be extended or ... I am just baffled and upset, we are not giving up, but this is a stupid reason for denial. It’s like they have been trying to find any way to deny us all the way. We have 7 affidavit, 44 page of chats and pictures, official gov letter stating I will get my money indefinitely - though here I am wondering since it wasn’t stamped and signed can be the reason they didn’t believe the authenticity of it - sponsor I-134 papers which works for the American postal services - here I am wondering if they even looked at that application and only saw Jason’s I-134 papers which we know wouldn’t be enough and reason we needed a sponsor.  He is also disabled and gets disability from US government. 

It’ Like disabled people aren’t good enough people to find love... not like we been together for over 8 years or anything..... sighs.

8FB047A9-925C-453F-8908-2EC77686E277.jpeg

Edited by Jeanette & Jason

:K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center on 2017-06-16

Consulate : Sweden

I-129F Sent                              : 2017-06-13
I-129F NOA1                           : 2017-06-20
I-129F NOA2                           : 2017-12-23
NVC Received                         : 2018-01-24
NVC Case # Assigned           : 2018-01-25
NVC DS-160 Filled Out          : 2018-01-27
NVC In Transition                   : 2018-01-31
NVC Received at Embassy   : 2018-02-05
Received Email/Package 3   : 2018-02-05
Paid Embassy Fee - 265$      : 2018-02-05

Received Confirmation          : 2018-02-07
for Embassy Interview        

Medical                                    : 2018-02-21
Embassy Interview                 : 2018-03-01

Received Additional Info       : 2018-03-01

from the STK Embassy

221 (g)

Medical Sent to Embassy     : 2018-03-01

Sent on email additional       : 2018-03-09

info to the STK Embassy

CEAC Admin Status               : 2018-03-09

Medical Arrived STK              : 2018-03-14

Embassy

CEAC Denied 212(a)(4).       : 2018-03-27

CEAC Denial letter email.     : 2018-04-03

Hired Lawyer                          : 2018-04-12

Complaint sent in                  : 2018-04-20

CEAC Issued                           : 2018-05-10??

Embassy Approved                : 2018-03-??

Passport Sent from STK       : 2018-03-??

Passport in hand                    : 2018-03-??

POE - Orlando Airport            : 2018-05-31??

Wedding day                           : 2018-08-08??

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:36 PM, Mike & Tuyen said:

Congratulations!  Welcome to the U.S!  Enjoy the rest of the journey together.

Thank you 

Timeline
8 hours ago, garylenhall said:

Oh wow! Congratulations!

I can imagine how happy you are right now. 

Just yesterday, you were one of us that's on the waiting game, now you got the approval you have been waiting for so long!

Celebrate the movement. 

We are happy for you!

Thank you. 

The waiting is not over, there's still a ways to go but at least I know it's moving forward.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Jeanette & Jason said:

I am beyond sad and full of questions that doesn’t come out. We have a sponsor and paper saying I will get my disability check indefinitely in USA, and if I have any medical expenses I will get paid partly back from Norwegian government. 

Yes, I am 100 % disabled here in Norway and I am on no medication other than alergi and over the counter pain pills.... similar to Advil. I will get all from my Norwegian government and having a sponsor, so how the hell am I going to be a public charge for the American government?! 

We we are going to talk to a lawyer on Thursday over Skype and on top of it all the USCIS approval we have will end at 22 nd April. We don’t even know if that time frame will be extended or ... I am just baffled and upset, we are not giving up, but this is a stupid reason for denial. It’s like they have been trying to find any way to deny us all the way. We have 7 affidavit, 44 page of chats and pictures, official gov letter stating I will get my money indefinitely - though here I am wondering since it wasn’t stamped and signed can be the reason they didn’t believe the authenticity of it - sponsor I-134 papers which works for the American postal services - here I am wondering if they even looked at that application and only saw Jason’s I-134 papers which we know wouldn’t be enough and reason we needed a sponsor.  He is also disabled and gets disability from US government. 

It’ Like disabled people aren’t good enough people to find love... not like we been together for over 8 years or anything..... sighs.

I'm sad for you. I agree, I don't see how you would be a burden to the people, or a public charge if your home country government is paying your disability, your meds are otc, AND you have a sponsor here, if their income is above the poverty line. I hope things go in your favor. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jeanette & Jason said:

I’m so sorry! I think this is the biggest fear.. to go through all of this and then be denied :( Hopefully the lawyer can offer some good advice/options for you! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
19 hours ago, John & Rose said:

The Philippines is probably just slightly warmer than Stockholm!  The US Embassy in Manila sits right on Manila Bay and by Rizal Park.  It is a beautiful area.  Lots of locals hang out there to help the unprepared by offering to sell pens, drinks and watch phones.  A very short walk and you could sit here while you wait in Manila...

DSC_0927.jpg.6f7bebd6f29336b3bea2ad449f7a7875.jpg

Oh...I'm jealous LOL what a view!! I wouldn't have minded taking that in for a while, while waiting on Paul to finish his interview! :P

Stockholm was much colder than Gothenburg, which is where Paul actually lives. I suppose because it's closer to water. I was not prepared for that kind of cold - my southern bones were out of their comfort zone!

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

8 hours ago, Jeanette & Jason said:

I am so sorry.  One thing that is possible is marrying there and filing a CR-1.  One of the issues with the co-sponsor is that the co-sponsor is not enforceable at the K-1 stage.  If you get married and file a CR-1, the co-sponsor will be legally and financially responsible and that is enforceable.  Your odds are much better with the CR-1 with sponsorship because the co-sponsor can be held liable for your bills.  This is an option for you and I pray that this all works out in the end.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/2/2018 at 5:19 PM, Nearly there said:

Thank you, and no not as yet sigh, we bumped into Easter holidays. I am hoping to have it Wed or Thurs so I can fly on Friday. We do have a flexi fare booked. The consulate did say 3-5 working days.......we may just scrape in. Others before me have had it back on the 3rd day after the interview, we need to catch a break as we have bumped into every obstacle on this journey.......finger n toes all crossed :) 

Hi there,

We too had our interview 3/28 and are hoping for Duncan to enter on 4/6.... right there with you for fingers and toes crossed!!!! Is your status still in Administrative Processing?? So glad to read someone else stuck in the post-approval wait with Easter holidays... worst timing ever huh!?!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Jeanette & Jason said:

I will get all from my Norwegian government and having a sponsor, so how the hell am I going to be a public charge for the American government?! 

Is there something where you must stay within EEA countries? 

If all else fails, I would move to Norway or even go over to SoutheastAsia and your benefits would stretch even further based on low cost of living. 

The world is a big place, people can love each other and be together in many countries. USA is not the end of your journey if you do get rejected. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Timeline
On 4/2/2018 at 5:29 PM, Tony and Tillie said:

The interview with the American CO is easy peazy. I was more nervous at the pre-screening with the Filipino CO. They will try to throw you off with one question which they ask at least 3 times. They pretend they see something in their records and ask you about it. But then again, if the relationship is bona fide, what sort of question can you not answer confidently.

Hopefully ours will be a no sweat interview. My fiance is not very good at being under pressure and gets intimidated easily so I plan on being there with him from medical to VOH. I'm excited and nervous at the same time though we're still waiting for our MCN. Thank you Ate Tillie for the tips! :)

CASE FILED/SENT: 9/25/17

USCIS RECEIVED: 9/27/17

NOA 1: 9/29/17

NOA 2: 4/03/18

NVC RCVD. & CASE # ASSIGNED: 4/24/18

CASE LEFT NVC: 4/27/18

CONSULATE RECEIVED CASE: 4/29/18

MEDICAL @ ST. LUKE'S: 5/17/18

SPUTUM TEST: 5/23-25/18

PULMONARY EVAL: 5/30/18

CULTURE RESULT: 7/26/18 NEGATIVE!!!

INTERVIEW DATE: 8/07/18 APPROVED!!!

VISA RECEIVED: 9/01/18

CFO SEMINAR: 9/25/18

US ENTRY:  9/28/18 

MARRIAGE: 10/25/18

AOS FILED: 12/14/18 I-765, I-485, I-131

AOS NOA1: 12/19/18

BIOMETRICS SCHEDULE: 01/08/19

Timeline

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your visa from the US embassy in the Philippines? I praying within 9 days, or do you get it the same day. any info would be helpful. Thanks again and luck to all who are still waiting. My Rose's interview is April 16  hoping to fly her into the states by the 26. Hopeful I'm not jumping the gun.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.