TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part IV

2,070 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
20 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Manila actually allows the USC in with the beneficiaries. I may not get into the actual interview but I will be there in the Embassy with them. Rose is very nervous about it. I should help with some of those nerves. I was more concerned about the medical and that all went well. 

Oh, that's awesome. I wish I could've gone inside with Paul. I was able to wait outside with him in the freezing cold, lol, which was better than nothing. We got there super early to be first in line that morning.

I know the experience varies by country, but Paul said the interview was not anything near what he was anxious about it being. Of course, he was super relieved when it was over. Having you there will definitely help! I'm glad you are able to be there!

18 hours ago, A & C 1 said:

Interview is April 4th, two more days.  I'm hoping to have VOH quickly to alleviate stress, but have to wait for school to finish before crossing.

Oh that should time out fine then. You're almost there!! This time next month you will be getting all packed up and ready to go! :) 

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Timeline
13 hours ago, Tony and Tillie said:

Me, right here. We had to move our POE from March to April and now to May cause of Tony's very unpredictable work schedule. He's in Alaska probably in the middle of the Bering Sea, and won't be back in WA 'til April 29th. My flight is on May 1st.

Oh that's stressful, I can imagine. But May is right around the corner! And your POE is now officially less than a month away! :D 

Knowing Paul's good to go with VOH is definitely a happy feeling, but I still think I won't feel calm or relax until he's here with me for good.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's so nice hearing everyone's stories.

Hard to believe a few months ago, we were all ready to jump off a cliff lol.

I'm struggling with the Montreal Consulate here.

They seem to be taking their sweet, sweet time with our application. 

Also, they won't take phone calls :D cherry on top of the cake. 

I wonder if sending them an email might delay things? 

1 hour ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Oh, that's awesome. I wish I could've gone inside with Paul. I was able to wait outside with him in the freezing cold, lol, which was better than nothing. We got there super early to be first in line that morning.

I know the experience varies by country, but Paul said the interview was not anything near what he was anxious about it being. Of course, he was super relieved when it was over. Having you there will definitely help! I'm glad you are able to be there!

Me too.  We didn't plan it that way but it worked out.  Also, as a USC, they will give me a locker for the cell phones (no electronics allowed inside).  Others have to bring someone with them or pay the local filipinos who are waiting outside to watch the phones.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

We are optimistically looking for a May 16 POE.  We would try sooner but Rose's nephew is running for Barangay Captain.  He is a great guy and deserves her last vote in the Philippines.  It looks like I will be making another trip!

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Me too.  We didn't plan it that way but it worked out.  Also, as a USC, they will give me a locker for the cell phones (no electronics allowed inside).  Others have to bring someone with them or pay the local filipinos who are waiting outside to watch the phones.

Oh, that's a tad different than Stockholm. I wasn't allowed in, even as a USC, but Paul was able to leave his phone/personal items in a locker at the security building out in front of the embassy building. There was nowhere to sit or wait outside, though, was my only complaint. If it hadn't been below zero, I suppose I could have just stood outside somewhere, but ended up having to take an extra cab ride back to the hotel, which was like 20 minutes away.

20 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

We are optimistically looking for a May 16 POE.  We would try sooner but Rose's nephew is running for Barangay Captain.  He is a great guy and deserves her last vote in the Philippines.  It looks like I will be making another trip!

May 16 is a lucky day apparently! You're the third person, in addition to Paul, who's either already booked a POE flight for that day, or is planning to :D

Håll ut, y'all.

1 minute ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Oh, that's a tad different than Stockholm. I wasn't allowed in, even as a USC, but Paul was able to leave his phone/personal items in a locker at the security building out in front of the embassy building. There was nowhere to sit or wait outside, though, was my only complaint. If it hadn't been below zero, I suppose I could have just stood outside somewhere, but ended up having to take an extra cab ride back to the hotel, which was like 20 minutes away.

May 16 is a lucky day apparently! You're the third person, in addition to Paul, who's either already booked a POE flight for that day, or is planning to :D

The Philippines is probably just slightly warmer than Stockholm!  The US Embassy in Manila sits right on Manila Bay and by Rizal Park.  It is a beautiful area.  Lots of locals hang out there to help the unprepared by offering to sell pens, drinks and watch phones.  A very short walk and you could sit here while you wait in Manila...

DSC_0927.jpg.6f7bebd6f29336b3bea2ad449f7a7875.jpg

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
5 hours ago, BigRob1969 said:

I was just going to the uscis case status page to get the receipt number to put on the form to send to my congressman and I figured while I was there I'd go ahead and check the status, expecting to see the same thing I've been seeing for months but instead it said 

MY CASE WAS APPROVED! I guess it just happened because I haven't even got an e-mail about it yet.

I started to cry for joy. Um....I mean um, something got in my eyes and they teared up at that exact moment-crazy coincidence, huh. 

Congrats - at last... :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, BigRob1969 said:

I was just going to the uscis case status page to get the receipt number to put on the form to send to my congressman and I figured while I was there I'd go ahead and check the status, expecting to see the same thing I've been seeing for months but instead it said 

MY CASE WAS APPROVED! I guess it just happened because I haven't even got an e-mail about it yet.

I started to cry for joy. Um....I mean um, something got in my eyes and they teared up at that exact moment-crazy coincidence, huh. 

You were probably cutting up some onions when you checked the uscis website. ;) Congratulations! :) Hopefully the next step wouldn't take as long... :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 hours ago, Shawn & Rizalyn said:

So this is how it went, Iza and the girls got into the embassy at 6:40 interview time was 7:10. Got to the first window and that when things went to hell.:wacko: When filling out the ds160’s for the the girls she accidently selected k1 instead of k2 for them. So they said go across the street redo them and come back. Here’s a tip, if you need something reprinted dont go across the street from embassy. 2k pesos later, that 20$ each to print, she was back in the embassy. 30 minutes later she was out and MY BABY AND LITTLE ONES ARE COMING HOME!!!!!!!:wub:

more details later on what she was asked in interview. They were rushing back to pack and checkout of hotel. THANK GOD ITS OVER.:jest:

So Iza said that at the fisrt window they only asked her my name and how long we have been together and sent her to a second window. Maybe this was cause of the whole paperwork mishap and they wanted to keep on schedule, who knows. She didnt really say anything about the second window she went to. But then she was called into the interview with the American CO. They asked her what my ex wifes name. when i was divorced. how many times we met in person (5). Iza said she seemed impressed by that and told her that her last interview only met once. She asked if she knows my kids, she said yes she has met them personally in ph and talks to them every night. She asked the little ones there names and if they miss their brother and sister. Then She looked through our photo album and was smiling and joking with Iza during that time. Then told her congradutations your approved.:D She didnt look through any other of her paperwork. Now time to plan their trip home!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, BigRob1969 said:

Congratulations!! 🍾🎉 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.