TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part IV

2,070 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Yes this certainly started moving very fast.  I had a trip planned for Rose's birthday.  If we took the first interview slot she would have interviewed today.  That is just 25 days from NOA2!  As it turned out we scheduled during my visit so I can experience this too.  

My daughter's high school graduation is May 20 so I would love for Rose and the kids to be there for that.  That will be the school that Aira and AJ will go to.

I am looking at houses now and it would be great if they were part of that process.

Yes! It starts moving SO FASSST post-NOA2! We were amazed.

So you get to be there while the interview(s) are scheduled? That is awesome. I was in Sweden during the time Paul's interview was scheduled, and even though I couldn't actually go inside with him, I am so glad I was there. Definitely beat being on the other side of the world, awake in the middle of the night waiting for a phone call! It will be great to celebrate that accomplishment together!

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well I got a response from USCIS about my inquiry on March 31. Exactly what they said in their response to the first; 'your case is being adjudicated, you should receive a notice of action within 45 days...'. 

But I also received a reply from my congressman about my situation with two forms attached for me to fill out so we'll see if he can help or not. I'm having faith and I'm TRYING to be patient. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
26 minutes ago, A & C 1 said:

If all goes well with interview and VOH then yes, May 16 POE is the plan.

Ah, same day as my fiancé's! :)

When is the interview scheduled for? It goes pretty quick - my fiancé's interview was 2/22 and they had to wait for his papers from the doctor from his medical to arrive. He had his VOH by 3/5. so even if they have to wait for something to be finalized, it still moves pretty quick.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

6 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Yes! It starts moving SO FASSST post-NOA2! We were amazed.

So you get to be there while the interview(s) are scheduled? That is awesome. I was in Sweden during the time Paul's interview was scheduled, and even though I couldn't actually go inside with him, I am so glad I was there. Definitely beat being on the other side of the world, awake in the middle of the night waiting for a phone call! It will be great to celebrate that accomplishment together!

Manila actually allows the USC in with the beneficiaries. I may not get into the actual interview but I will be there in the Embassy with them. Rose is very nervous about it. I should help with some of those nerves. I was more concerned about the medical and that all went well. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, BigRob1969 said:

Well I got a response from USCIS about my inquiry on March 31. Exactly what they said in their response to the first; 'your case is being adjudicated, you should receive a notice of action within 45 days...'. 

But I also received a reply from my congressman about my situation with two forms attached for me to fill out so we'll see if he can help or not. I'm having faith and I'm TRYING to be patient. 

Yes, you have to fill out the form so they can do an inquiry for you. I think it’s wirth a at this point. It’s messed up that they aren’t even telling you what the hold up is at this point. Not that “security checks are still pending” is much better unfortunately 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Ah, same day as my fiancé's! :)

When is the interview scheduled for? It goes pretty quick - my fiancé's interview was 2/22 and they had to wait for his papers from the doctor from his medical to arrive. He had his VOH by 3/5. so even if they have to wait for something to be finalized, it still moves pretty quick.

Interview is April 4th, two more days.  I'm hoping to have VOH quickly to alleviate stress, but have to wait for school to finish before crossing.

8 minutes ago, Shawn & Rizalyn said:

20 minutes until interview:whistle:

Let us know!!!!  We are right there with you!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Peter Davis said:

Great news!!!! congratulations

Have you received your passport back yet? 

Thank you, and no not as yet sigh, we bumped into Easter holidays. I am hoping to have it Wed or Thurs so I can fly on Friday. We do have a flexi fare booked. The consulate did say 3-5 working days.......we may just scrape in. Others before me have had it back on the 3rd day after the interview, we need to catch a break as we have bumped into every obstacle on this journey.......finger n toes all crossed :) 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

A new month means I can now say Paul will be home next month!! Even though we went almost a year not seeing one another, these two months feel like an ETERNITY. I have a hard time with patience as it is, lol

It's nice to also be able to say there are no more holidays we have to spend apart, now that Easter has come and gone.

Anyone else with a POE in May?

Me, right here. We had to move our POE from March to April and now to May cause of Tony's very unpredictable work schedule. He's in Alaska probably in the middle of the Bering Sea, and won't be back in WA 'til April 29th. My flight is on May 1st.

Timeline
6 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Manila actually allows the USC in with the beneficiaries. I may not get into the actual interview but I will be there in the Embassy with them. Rose is very nervous about it. I should help with some of those nerves. I was more concerned about the medical and that all went well. 

The interview with the American CO is easy peazy. I was more nervous at the pre-screening with the Filipino CO. They will try to throw you off with one question which they ask at least 3 times. They pretend they see something in their records and ask you about it. But then again, if the relationship is bona fide, what sort of question can you not answer confidently.

9 minutes ago, Shawn & Rizalyn said:

So this is how it went, Iza and the girls got into the embassy at 6:40 interview time was 7:10. Got to the first window and that when things went to hell.:wacko: When filling out the ds160’s for the the girls she accidently selected k1 instead of k2 for them. So they said go across the street redo them and come back. Here’s a tip, if you need something reprinted dont go across the street from embassy. 2k pesos later, that 20$ each to print, she was back in the embassy. 30 minutes later she was out and MY BABY AND LITTLE ONES ARE COMING HOME!!!!!!!:wub:

more details later on what she was asked in interview. They were rushing back to pack and checkout of hotel. THANK GOD ITS OVER.:jest:

Congratulations!!!!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.