TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part IV

2,070 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

I called NVC just now and they told me my case is a “special” electronic case 🤔 I have to press option 5 every time I called to get info or attempt to get a case number apparently because not all the agents have access to this type of “special electronic” cases so there are only a few who can provide info on this. She also told me it will take them up to 8 weeks to assign a case number and they will notify me. Although she did say that if I happen to call a day and they have the case assigned they will give it to me. Anyone has any experience with these electronic cases that can shed some light into how long it takes for them to assign a case number please? 

13 minutes ago, Kari & Atti said:

I called NVC just now and they told me my case is a “special” electronic case 🤔 I have to press option 5 every time I called to get info or attempt to get a case number apparently because not all the agents have access to this type of “special electronic” cases so there are only a few who can provide info on this. She also told me it will take them up to 8 weeks to assign a case number and they will notify me. Although she did say that if I happen to call a day and they have the case assigned they will give it to me. Anyone has any experience with these electronic cases that can shed some light into how long it takes for them to assign a case number please? 

Mine took two weeks to get processed but holidays slowed mine down.

December 15th NOA2      January 18th NVC Received  January 29th NVC Number   January 31 NVC left    Feb 5th Embassy Received

June 9th NOA1          December 15th NOA2      January 18th NVC Received

January 29th NVC Number     January 31 NVC left    Feb 5th Embassy Received

Feb 9th Filed DS-160 and scheduled interview      March 21st Medical 😭   March 27 second medical 

April 02 medical results   Interview: Grandmother's Birthday. :)  Arrival of Fiancee: 04/13/2018

Wedding Date: 5/27/2018  AOS sent: 6/02/2018 Bio-meterics 8/17/2018  Approved 2 year Green Card: 10/10/2018 Notice of Action 10/15/2018

2 Year conditional Green Card 10/17/2018  Now living our life keeping in mind to fill paperwork for 10 year card 7/20/2020.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Phuong Ly said:

I had my interview yesterday. It went well, I got approved. I was at the embassy at 7:30am, finished at 10:40AM. Got my number, wait to be called. Once called, the interviewer only ask me one thing : 

Officer :  Please raise your right hand ( I got so nervous, raise my left hand mid way and was like, oh right hand is the other one). Do you swear to tell only the truth today ? 

Me : Yes 

Officer : Congratulation, your visa is approved. Welcome to America. Please go to the EMS counter to sign up for your visa to be delivered to you. 

And that is it, no question asked, nothing. I have prepared to answer all and everything but luckily I didn't have to. I left right after the officer said so, I was afraid I would say smt silly or like if they changed their mind. 

Such a relief, POE will be middle of May

It has been a long journey and I;m glad I had this community with me. Thank you and Good luck to those who still waiting. 

Congratulations!🍾🎈🎊 welcome to America!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Kari & Atti said:

A lot of people are getting electronic cases now, mine was electronic also. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Phuong Ly said:

I had my interview yesterday. It went well, I got approved. I was at the embassy at 7:30am, finished at 10:40AM. Got my number, wait to be called. Once called, the interviewer only ask me one thing : 

Officer :  Please raise your right hand ( I got so nervous, raise my left hand mid way and was like, oh right hand is the other one). Do you swear to tell only the truth today ? 

Officer : Congratulation, your visa is approved. Welcome to America. Please go to the EMS counter to sign up for your visa to be delivered to you. 

And that is it, no question asked, nothing. I have prepared to answer all and everything but luckily I didn't have to. I left right after the officer said so, I was afraid I would say smt silly or like if they changed their mind. 

It has been a long journey and I;m glad I had this community with me. Thank you and Good luck to those who still waiting. 

LMAO

That's awesome!

Yes, welcome to America! 

Timeline

Montreal embassy - Does anyone that has had their interview already know if you must have a long form birth certificate or if they will except a short one. They email me Thursday afternoon to bring a copy of long form birth certificate and Friday was a holiday, Monday is a holiday and it takes 5 buisness days to get and I leave for my interview in 4 business days 😬

15 hours ago, Kari & Atti said:

Congratulations!🍾🎈🎊 welcome to America!!!

Thank you. Good luck to you 

13 hours ago, BigRob1969 said:

LMAO

That's awesome!

Yes, welcome to America! 

Thank you. It was a little strange but I;m glad it s over now

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Shawn & Rizalyn said:

Anyone hear that in philippines they asking for them to turn over their social media?

I haven't, but I did read last night in a news article that they were going to try and make that into a standard process for all visa applicants starting in a couple of months. I think after May of this year.

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

Timeline
6 hours ago, JSCGPV said:

I haven't, but I did read last night in a news article that they were going to try and make that into a standard process for all visa applicants starting in a couple of months. I think after May of this year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/03/29/politics/immigrants-social-media-information/index.html

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 3/28/2018 at 10:27 AM, Nearly there said:

We are APPROVED, after 293 long, long days. Never in our wildest dreams did we think the process would take this long. A huge weight has been lifted to finally be at this point. Now we have to just wait for my passport  and packet to be sent out, I am hoping to fly on the 6th April, we do have the Easter break (public holidays) coming up which just may delay things by a few days, I have everything crossed that we get them in time.

I can't begin to describe how fretful the lead up to the interview was, it is so important and the last hurdle, will I forget something, will I find the building, will my medical packet magically open on its own, what will the interviewer be like, what questions will I be asked...... It was a nerve racking morning, but I did find other lovely people facing the interview as well, we were all  having the same minor panic attacks. We joined forces and supported each other, friendly banter while waiting it made such a difference. I wish I knew the outcome for everyone, Jess before me was approved.

I will do a review for the consulate as the past reviews that I have read helped me understand the process of the day and what to expect. Best of luck to everyone still waiting for their interview, be honest, speak the truth and it will be ok.

Great news!!!! congratulations

Have you received your passport back yet? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 3/31/2018 at 5:11 AM, Phuong Ly said:

Congratulations!  Welcome to the U.S!  Enjoy the rest of the journey together.

Mike & Tuyen

First Meeting

Second Meeting

Engaged

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2 :                              

NVC # Received

Interview Date   

Interview Result

Visa in Hand 

POE SFO                        

Married!!!!!!!

AOS/EAP/AP Mailed

AOS/EAP/AP NOA1

Biometrics Portland

Interview Portland

2016-09-30TuyenMike.jpg.07bbb29ef41b057de949396e27a8063c.jpg

2017-02-14

2017-02-18

2017-04-17

2017-04-24

2017-09-18

2017-09-30

2017-10-20

APPROVED!!!!!

2017-10-28

2017-11-14

2017-12-04

2018-02-02

2018-02-17

2018-03-14

2018-05-10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.