TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part IV

2,070 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nearly there said:

Didn't we just......I wish I could really describe to people, the room, atmosphere and the sheer OMFG its my turn feeling :D

i know right!! Like there is something about the pit of your stomach falling out when window 7 calls ya number LMAO or the relief when he actually smiles at you lmao

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, FutureMerican said:

i know right!! Like there is something about the pit of your stomach falling out when window 7 calls ya number LMAO or the relief when he actually smiles at you lmao

Its now or nothing.........and the rest of the world is silent......just him and you between the approval, you actually don't give a rats ### who can hear what lmao

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, D & JL said:

Well my RFE was received over 60 days now smh. And it was documents I had initially sent with my petition. Maybe they misplaced them along the processing phase idk..

Have you contacted them to see what’s going on? 

24 minutes ago, KBA said:

Have you contacted them to see what’s going on? 

Good morning! I submitted a service request and was told that it was assigned to an officer to be adjucated. But every time there's a request they have to stop processing to pull your petition. Then I called and was told that its in the process of adjucation but unfortunately they could not tell me a date it could be approved decision will be mailed. Its frustrating!!!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, D & JL said:

Good morning! I submitted a service request and was told that it was assigned to an officer to be adjucated. But every time there's a request they have to stop processing to pull your petition. Then I called and was told that its in the process of adjucation but unfortunately they could not tell me a date it could be approved decision will be mailed. Its frustrating!!!

Ugh! They told me the same thing about submitting more inquiries. Not sure if this is true or not...especially since my case is supposedly pending security checks which are done by outside agencies 🤔 Anyway, hurry up and wait I guess!

Timeline
21 hours ago, purplepink said:

LOL. Thanks!!

How does it feel living together?

Have you decided how/when you're going to get married?

It feels so good living together. Natural and right, like coming home. And it's really strange, but awesome, not to have to worry about leaving!

We're aiming for mid to late April to get married.

I'm gonna make a separate post about getting the SSN as we may have hit a snag there. See post below.

• April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

1 hour ago, KBA said:

Ugh! They told me the same thing about submitting more inquiries. Not sure if this is true or not...especially since my case is supposedly pending security checks which are done by outside agencies 🤔 Anyway, hurry up and wait I guess!

My guess is that they just look at a computer screen.  I doubt if they go and pull the actual petition away from the adjudicator just to tell you it is sitting in his pile.  They really are hor$ecrap...

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings all.

I filed the I129F for my fiancee back in June 2017. I haven't heard anything since. I have submitted TWO case inquiries, one in January and one this past Tuesday. I have called uscis several times over the past nine months and nobody can tell me anything other than "your case is still pending" and "you'll just have to wait". Is this the exception or the rule? 

Timeline

CAUTION FOR EVERYONE RE: APPLYING FOR YOUR SSN TOO EARLY

When we were being processed at the border,  the officer asked if we had any questions. I remember reading on site here that the new electronic system in use to process immigrants means your name is in the system as soon as you cross. So I asked when I could apply for my SSN and she replied "Right away!" 

So, yesterday, we went to our local SSN office. At that point I had been in the US pretty much exactly 24 hours.

After a two-hour wait, we were told by the worker that the border officer shouldn't have told us to apply right away as I am not in the system yet. She said she would give it a few days and check back for us, but if it's not in the system by then, she'd have to send my application up to Homeland Security for my clearance, which would add another two weeks on to the waiting time, making it about a month in total to receive my SSN.

We are not sure IF that makes a difference in whether we can get a marriage licence as the probate court website for our county says you both need your SSN numbers. However we know that people from out-of-country come to the US for destination weddings for example, so obviously having an SSN is not required for non-US citizens in some states at least.

So we're in waiting mode now to see what happens. If I don't get my SSN by the end of April, I guess we'll have to see what we can do at that point.

Edited by D and T
  • April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

Timeline
3 minutes ago, D and T said:

CAUTION FOR EVERYONE RE: APPLYING FOR YOUR SSN TOO EARLY

When we were being processed at the border,  the officer asked if we had any questions. I remember reading on site here that the new electronic system in use to process immigrants means your name is in the system as soon as you cross. So I asked when I could apply for my SSN and she replied "Right away!" 

So, yesterday, we went to our local SSN office. At that point I had been in the US pretty much exactly 24 hours.

After a two-hour wait, we were told by the worker that the border officer shouldn't have told us to apply right away as I am not in the system yet. She said she would give it a few days and check back for us, but if it's not in the system by then, she'd have to send my application up to Homeland Security for my clearance, which would add another two weeks on to the waiting time, making it about a month in total to receive my SSN.

We are not sure IF that makes a difference in whether we can get a marriage licence as the probate court website for our county says you both need your SSN numbers. However we know that people from out-of-country come to the US for destination weddings for example, so obviously having an SSN is not required for non-US citizens in some states at least.

So we're in waiting mode now to see what happens. If I don't get my SSN by the end of April, I guess we'll have to see what we can do at that point.

It's kinda nice that you're a few steps ahead of me.

Going to let you make all the fun mistakes first LOOOLL

<3

Definitely keep us (me) updated :)

2 minutes ago, D and T said:

CAUTION FOR EVERYONE RE: GETTING YOUR SSN TOO EARLY

We are not sure whether that makes a difference in whether we can get a marriage licence as the probate court website for our county says you both need your SSN numbers. However we know that people from out-of-country come to the US for destination weddings for example, so obviously having an SSN is not required for non-US citizens in some states at least.

Usually you can get married with passport or some other document but each state has different criteria.   I know here they prefer both to have SSN, but in the fine print it says if one party does not have a SSN then fill out why.

June 9th NOA1          December 15th NOA2      January 18th NVC Received

January 29th NVC Number     January 31 NVC left    Feb 5th Embassy Received

Feb 9th Filed DS-160 and scheduled interview      March 21st Medical 😭   March 27 second medical 

April 02 medical results   Interview: Grandmother's Birthday. :)  Arrival of Fiancee: 04/13/2018

Wedding Date: 5/27/2018  AOS sent: 6/02/2018 Bio-meterics 8/17/2018  Approved 2 year Green Card: 10/10/2018 Notice of Action 10/15/2018

2 Year conditional Green Card 10/17/2018  Now living our life keeping in mind to fill paperwork for 10 year card 7/20/2020.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey Junies, I have a question. I´m booking my flight right now, POE is going to be Miami. It´s crazy how expensive a one way ticket is and so I´m thinking about booking a round trip, just to safe a lot of money. Flight to Miami at the end of April and flight "back" for example in December. 

I would allow the flight "back" to go waste. Do you think booking a round trip could cause a problem at the POE?

Sorry, but after this looooong time of waiting I´m maybe a little paranoid....:rolleyes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 minutes ago, MaSi said:

Hey Junies, I have a question. I´m booking my flight right now, POE is going to be Miami. It´s crazy how expensive a one way ticket is and so I´m thinking about booking a round trip, just to safe a lot of money. Flight to Miami at the end of April and flight "back" for example in December. 

I would allow the flight "back" to go waste. Do you think booking a round trip could cause a problem at the POE?

Sorry, but after this looooong time of waiting I´m maybe a little paranoid....:rolleyes:

I hear most book a round trip cause its cheaper. I also heard that you should cancel your return flight once you land so it doesn't cause trouble with your I94. I understand that sometimes the airliners will enter your data into the I94 system even without you checking in on the flight registering you as leaving the states on that date.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

I hear most book a round trip cause its cheaper. I also heard that you should cancel your return flight once you land so it doesn't cause trouble with your I94. I understand that sometimes the airliners will enter your data into the I94 system even without you checking in on the flight registering you as leaving the states on that date.

Thank your so much for your help. This means I have to cancel it as soon as I´m there and so the flight won´t appear on the 194? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
9 minutes ago, MaSi said:

Thank your so much for your help. This means I have to cancel it as soon as I´m there and so the flight won´t appear on the 194? 

Yes, that's what I heard from people. And it doesn't hurt you in any way. You wont be using the flight anyway so better safe than sorry, right?

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.