TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part IV

2,070 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Jeto said:

A month ago I had my interview in Australia, fast forward 1 month, and we are officially but unemotionally married! (Our formal ceremony/wedding is June 30th).

Entry into LAX was super easy. 

Filled in a declaration form from the customer service counter, (you couldn't use the computers for K1 visa's apparently), went to the immigration officer, he took my sealed envelope, passport, and fingerprints. Stamped me though in less than 2 minutes!

From plane to baggage claim in under 30 mins!

I entered 2 weeks after my interview. We decided to road trip from Chicago to Vegas in an RV that cost $1/day. Highly recommend it if you have some spare change to drive across the USA! We even received $300 fuel credit!

We stopped into several National Parks and had the best time taking in some of America's greatest sights - Estes, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches, Monument Valley, and of course, Grand Canyon.

We were able to stop into a random town at an SSA office and get my SSN sorted in about 30 minutes.

Finally yesterday, we were able to walk into the Vegas Marriage license office, obtain the license, walk around the corner to the county clerk, and become officially and unemotionally married in less than an hour. (Our witnesses were another couple who were also getting their marriage license. We waited for them outside and we walked together to the clerk office become officially hitched).

We then took a Lyft down to the Vegas welcome sign and snapped a few photos with our official documentation!

Cheesy & corny, but makes for a great story in the future :jest:

Onto the AOS paperwork! :)

Wow. A vegas wedding.

You're tempting me to take the same route lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, purplepink said:

Wow. A vegas wedding.

You're tempting me to take the same route lol

It was fun, painless, and ridiculously easy! Haha :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I was going to do a Vegas Elvis wedding but did not like the packages available for flights and hotels. Got as far as 3 Elvis’s saved.

We are going to Atlantic City for a couple nights since I can drive over easily, saving our holidays to go to Disney in the next few months. 

Edited by George & Roth

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

1 hour ago, George & Roth said:

Don’t worry, one day @The Squirrel will be back and liven it up!

After I was approved, and to a lesser extent @John & Rose, this thread has become less active as we were so popular. System has a bug though showing I have no followers. 

We are now old and boring...

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Hay Naku...It turns out that we had two people show up as "READY" because for some reason, Aira was not included in the information sent to the Embassy.  Only Rose and AJ showed up when they looked at the file.  Since it is already in Manila there is nothing NVC can do about it here so I have to call the Embassy on their Monday to see if I can straighten this out.  I can't leave a 15 year old girl alone in the Philippines while her mother and brother move to the US!!!  LOL

NVC said we have time to fix it.  I checked all the paperwork and she is included.  We have receipts for her MRV, and confirmations of her medical and interview.  It is fixable but it happened right when I thought things were going really smoothly.  Aira is crying and we really don't know how to fix this easily.  Since this is Holy Week the Embassy is closed until Monday so we can only wait until then before we know what we have to do.

5abafb6b9ac8f_ScreenShot2018-03-27at9_14_40PM.jpg.c88325b530890bc675e09c262fe9b8d1.jpg

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

5 hours ago, KBA said:

I think I am one of the only ones left without a NOA2 at this point...hoping I won’t be here waiting a lot longer but really don’t know. I’ve done everything I can think of at this point and the only answer we get is that the security checks are still pending :(

My dear we are both waiting on our NOA 2 😣😔😕 287 days here.. So, now I am focused on my vacation which is happening shortly. I gave up on anxiety and patience hopefully we get approved soon smdh.. But we will keep strong fingers crossed! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, D & JL said:

My dear we are both waiting on our NOA 2 😣😔😕 287 days here.. So, now I am focused on my vacation which is happening shortly. I gave up on anxiety and patience hopefully we get approved soon smdh.. But we will keep strong fingers crossed! 

I hear that...I think I have been through every emotion possible with this process! Fingers crossed for all us left! B-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, D & JL said:

Still waiting here. 286 days. 15 days since they received my RFE.

29 minutes ago, LydiaP said:

Still waiting here. 286 days. 15 days since they received my RFE.

Well my RFE was received over 60 days now smh. And it was documents I had initially sent with my petition. Maybe they misplaced them along the processing phase idk..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, D & JL said:

Well my RFE was received over 60 days now smh. And it was documents I had initially sent with my petition. Maybe they misplaced them along the processing phase idk..

It's not a competition. It sucks for all of us. I hope that you hear something soon.

Timeline
On 28/03/2018 at 9:57 AM, Nearly there said:

We are APPROVED, after 293 long, long days. Never in our wildest dreams did we think the process would take this long. A huge weight has been lifted to finally be at this point. Now we have to just wait for my passport  and packet to be sent out, I am hoping to fly on the 6th April, we do have the Easter break (public holidays) coming up which just may delay things by a few days, I have everything crossed that we get them in time.

I can't begin to describe how fretful the lead up to the interview was, it is so important and the last hurdle, will I forget something, will I find the building, will my medical packet magically open on its own, what will the interviewer be like, what questions will I be asked...... It was a nerve racking morning, but I did find other lovely people facing the interview as well, we were all  having the same minor panic attacks. We joined forces and supported each other, friendly banter while waiting it made such a difference. I wish I knew the outcome for everyone, Jess before me was approved.

I will do a review for the consulate as the past reviews that I have read helped me understand the process of the day and what to expect. Best of luck to everyone still waiting for their interview, be honest, speak the truth and it will be ok.

OMG we killed it sitting there!! It was so fun lmao!

Timeline
30 minutes ago, FutureMerican said:

OMG we killed it sitting there!! It was so fun lmao!

Didn't we just......I wish I could really describe to people, the room, atmosphere and the sheer OMFG its my turn feeling :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.