TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part IV

2,070 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 minute ago, Katemdedo said:

I figured it was a no no. I just don't really understand why.. if something is personal and not deemed as 'legal' why is it wrong to do? we don't plan on doing anything before our approval, but it just frustrates me how there's no real answers to anything when it comes to uscis. 

I suppose it's just easier to say no altogether than to have to take the time to research and pick apart people's parties on a case by case basis to determine which were legal and which were non-legal and safe. I learned a long time ago that a lot of things won't be given straight answers by USCIS, simply because there's an endless amount of facets that would take forever to be covered. That's why it's so important to do as much research as you can before making any commitments or doing anything that you're unsure of. We couldn't find a straight answer as to whether or not I (the USC) could go to the Embassy with my fiancé, since I was in Sweden visiting while he had his interview. So we just decided to have me go with him, stand outside in the cold and snow for a half hour, just to get to the window and be told the answer to that question is no. And I had to take a cab alone back to our hotel in Stockholm. It was frustrating - again, why couldn't we get a straight answer beforehand? It's just the nature of this beast, unfortunately. :) 

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

I suppose it's just easier to say no altogether than to have to take the time to research and pick apart people's parties on a case by case basis to determine which were legal and which were non-legal and safe. I learned a long time ago that a lot of things won't be given straight answers by USCIS, simply because there's an endless amount of facets that would take forever to be covered. That's why it's so important to do as much research as you can before making any commitments or doing anything that you're unsure of. We couldn't find a straight answer as to whether or not I (the USC) could go to the Embassy with my fiancé, since I was in Sweden visiting while he had his interview. So we just decided to have me go with him, stand outside in the cold and snow for a half hour, just to get to the window and be told the answer to that question is no. And I had to take a cab alone back to our hotel in Stockholm. It was frustrating - again, why couldn't we get a straight answer beforehand? It's just the nature of this beast, unfortunately. :) 

Yeah, you're so right! I guess I haven't come to terms with how unpredictable they're allowed to be towards everyone.  thanks for your response!! :) 

3 hours ago, Katemdedo said:

Hey all! I've had a question for a while and haven't really been able to find any direct answers about it. So I thought I'd ask you guys!

Can couples choose to have a small non-legal wedding with family while still waiting for their approval? Like if it's just a ceremony done before God is it still contradicting the K1 visa process? I know some friends that actually opted to have their (non-legal) marriage before their approval and it didn't affect them with their visa approval.. and they're now approved, but I'm not sure if they'll have to keep it a secret once they have their interview or not..

anyone have any insight on this topic? I'm very curious..

Honestly, I do not believe that the CO or Embassy care if it is legal or non-legal.  It is a wedding and if caught, the K-1 will be denied.  Why take the chance?  Civil weddings are as binding as Church weddings in the US.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

@John & Rose, just got back from vacation with my love and checked your status. So happy you finally got your NOA2! Congrats!

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Just now, Little_Vixen said:

@John & Rose, just got back from vacation with my love and checked your status. So happy you finally got your NOA2! Congrats!

Thank you.  It feels so good to be past that part!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

You're doing the best thing possible - getting right on it and taking care of it :)

You'll feel a lot better once it's sent back, and you're back on track. My fiancé was bummed monetarily after his interview for the same reason, but we decided to consider ourselves approved, he just had to wait a little while longer for the visa. Once it came, we no longer thought about the fact that it even happened.

2 hours ago, britishandusa said:

Hey, I wouldn't worry about it. My fiance got a 221g too because they wanted me to send in another I-134 and proof that I am a USC. It pushed us back a week but he's here now. Your visa will be with you very soon!

Thank you so much guys for your words !! 

I realized that I confused the sealed Divorce decree (original) with the photocopy.. So I had it at home the whole time.. I feel really stupid and mad at myself, I swear !! But It's as you both said an easy fix and will be sent back tomorrow. I will breath when I have the visa in hands tho ! 

Thanks again :wub:

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jolie&Charles said:

Thank you so much guys for your words !! 

I realized that I confused the sealed Divorce decree (original) with the photocopy.. So I had it at home the whole time.. I feel really stupid and mad at myself, I swear !! But It's as you both said an easy fix and will be sent back tomorrow. I will breath when I have the visa in hands tho ! 

Thanks again :wub:

Yay! Yes that is an easy fix!! :) Hang in there - you're just about there and this will feel worth it and very minimal once you are there!

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Yay! Yes that is an easy fix!! :) Hang in there - you're just about there and this will feel worth it and very minimal once you are there!

Absolutely :wub:

I won't breathe normally til it's done but I already know I will forget it soon as we done lol 

My fiancé been amazing today and it's already all fixed in his vision lol 

Thank you so much 

X

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jolie&Charles said:

Absolutely :wub:

I won't breathe normally til it's done but I already know I will forget it soon as we done lol 

My fiancé been amazing today and it's already all fixed in his vision lol 

Thank you so much 

X

Oh I completely understand. It's a much grander sigh of relief one visa is in hand.

Good luck! xo

Håll ut, y'all.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Tanzania
Timeline
8 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Hello back fellow Carolinian:)

I am relocating to NC in Wake Forest, my fiance is staying there yes. 

I am happy to meet you, state neighbor, haha...texted you inbox  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
10 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Ready for something VERY bizarre?  On a whim I called NVC.  Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since NOA2.  They received my petition today AND assigned it a number!!!!!!  In one day my petition was received and assigned!  NOW this is getting real!

This gives me hope. Still waiting on NOA2 here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.