TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part IV

2,070 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
39 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

CONGRATULATIONS!  Now that wait doesn't matter at all.  It is strange how that stress just stops and now the NVC wait stress starts.  I am hoping NVC is quicker than USCIS!

Comparatively, it's like NVC can fold the space-time continuum...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 minutes ago, purplepink said:

Not sure if anyone will know, but will he have to provide his taxes from 2017?

He was being lazy and hasn't filed for 2017 yet. He probably will in the next week, but will his taxes from 2015 and 2016 be okay?

If your interview is after the tax deadline, I think it is REASONABLE for the embassy to expect it. But no one really knows.

It's best to be safe than sorry so I'll tell him to file ASAP. And he can just give that to you for your interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

CONGRATULATIONS!  Now that wait doesn't matter at all.  It is strange how that stress just stops and now the NVC wait stress starts.  I am hoping NVC is quicker than USCIS!

I really hope so too!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Is there any reason?  Is there some skeleton that can justify this bizarre delay?

The only things we can think of is a court case he had (no arrest) in which he was acquitted and travel to the Middle East for work. His father is a US citizen and he had a green card when he was younger but gave it back (willingly) because he ended up deciding to stay in Canada. The Infopass person saying it might be a year was completely disheartening...and it sounds like there isn’t a whole lot we can do about it 

1 hour ago, KBA said:

The only things we can think of is a court case he had (no arrest) in which he was acquitted and travel to the Middle East for work. His father is a US citizen and he had a green card when he was younger but gave it back (willingly) because he ended up deciding to stay in Canada. The Infopass person saying it might be a year was completely disheartening...and it sounds like there isn’t a whole lot we can do about it 

I can see a combination of living in the Middle East and giving up a green card can raise a few red flags.  It can be interpreted as an anti-American act. I’m sure they will do their due diligence on that and find no issues.  Just hang in there and be patient. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

The million dollar question... WHAT’S NEXT NOW??? 😬🤭 I failed to read everyone’s else’s input on what they did after NOA2 cause I couldn’t even bear to get myself to think past the RFE. Any help is greatly appreciated, I’m also checking online. 

41 minutes ago, Kari & Atti said:

The million dollar question... WHAT’S NEXT NOW??? 😬🤭 I failed to read everyone’s else’s input on what they did after NOA2 cause I couldn’t even bear to get myself to think past the RFE. Any help is greatly appreciated, I’m also checking online. 

Here are a few things that can help:

Once you get your number;

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

For our (VJ) tracking:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit#gid=2061710905

To help get your NVC number:

https://sites.google.com/view/post-noa2/home

June 9th NOA1          December 15th NOA2      January 18th NVC Received

January 29th NVC Number     January 31 NVC left    Feb 5th Embassy Received

Feb 9th Filed DS-160 and scheduled interview      March 21st Medical 😭   March 27 second medical 

April 02 medical results   Interview: Grandmother's Birthday. :)  Arrival of Fiancee: 04/13/2018

Wedding Date: 5/27/2018  AOS sent: 6/02/2018 Bio-meterics 8/17/2018  Approved 2 year Green Card: 10/10/2018 Notice of Action 10/15/2018

2 Year conditional Green Card 10/17/2018  Now living our life keeping in mind to fill paperwork for 10 year card 7/20/2020.

47 minutes ago, Kari & Atti said:

After NVC then goes to your consulate, at that point it is good to find people that can help with specific questions.  Looks like you may be Hungary from profile.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Hungary&cty=Budapest

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/search/?&type=core_members&core_pfield_4=Hungary

June 9th NOA1          December 15th NOA2      January 18th NVC Received

January 29th NVC Number     January 31 NVC left    Feb 5th Embassy Received

Feb 9th Filed DS-160 and scheduled interview      March 21st Medical 😭   March 27 second medical 

April 02 medical results   Interview: Grandmother's Birthday. :)  Arrival of Fiancee: 04/13/2018

Wedding Date: 5/27/2018  AOS sent: 6/02/2018 Bio-meterics 8/17/2018  Approved 2 year Green Card: 10/10/2018 Notice of Action 10/15/2018

2 Year conditional Green Card 10/17/2018  Now living our life keeping in mind to fill paperwork for 10 year card 7/20/2020.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I can see a combination of living in the Middle East and giving up a green card can raise a few red flags.  It can be interpreted as an anti-American act. I’m sure they will do their due diligence on that and find no issues.  Just hang in there and be patient. 

Thanks. He didn’t live in the Middle East, only traveled there for work...and has the documentation of it...etc. His brother gave up his green card too but got it back a few years ago with no issue. So, we shall see...I am hoping to have NOA2 by the one year mark! :whistle:

Timeline
30 minutes ago, dlsmal01 said:

Here are a few things that can help:

Once you get your number;

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

For our (VJ) tracking:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit#gid=2061710905

To help get your NVC number:

https://sites.google.com/view/post-noa2/home

2nd one ✅ 

3rd one made cry 😭  

im a ball of emotions right now... thank you for the great information shared. Thank you for taking the time 🙏🏻

4 minutes ago, KBA said:

Thanks. He didn’t live in the Middle East, only traveled there for work...and has the documentation of it...etc. His brother gave up his green card too but got it back a few years ago with no issue. So, we shall see...I am hoping to have NOA2 by the one year mark! :whistle:

Hopefully sooner!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
13 hours ago, akdf2014 said:

Wow, it would be  nice  if we were to have our weddings at the same venue, haha. Which state are u going to live?

California!

Our legal ceremony/wedding will be on the 14th - just decided that over the weekend actually :) It'll be small with just a couple people from his church and potentially his sister.

Our actual reception with friends and fam will be just outside of Chicago end of September.

We'll basically have 2 wedding dates....? ^_^

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

6 minutes ago, Hadassah123 said:

California!

Our legal ceremony/wedding will be on the 14th - just decided that over the weekend actually :) It'll be small with just a couple people from his church and potentially his sister.

Our actual reception with friends and fam will be just outside of Chicago end of September.

We'll basically have 2 wedding dates....? ^_^

YAAAAY! congrats on the 14th also :D i got to know some more stuff - hold on..... hihihi

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 hours ago, purplepink said:

Not sure if anyone will know, but will he have to provide his taxes from 2017?

He was being lazy and hasn't filed for 2017 yet. He probably will in the next week, but will his taxes from 2015 and 2016 be okay?

In the U.K., they looked at out 2017. The officer didn’t bother looking at the previous years. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.