TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part IV

2,070 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Martin3517 said:

I tried my luck hahha, still 6 weeks is their answer

They kept telling me 6 weeks too. I called them yesterday, at about 3 weeks, and they said they had just received it. When I asked if they have a case number they said no that it would be about (of course) 8 weeks. If it is then I will call them 8 more times.

15 minutes ago, BigRob1969 said:

They kept telling me 6 weeks too. I called them yesterday, at about 3 weeks, and they said they had just received it. When I asked if they have a case number they said no that it would be about (of course) 8 weeks. If it is then I will call them 8 more times.

Keep calling.  We got our case number the same day they received the petition.  Stay on top of them.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
25 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Keep calling.  We got our case number the same day they received the petition.  Stay on top of them.  

Wow! Will do, thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Martin3517 said:

I tried my luck hahha, still 6 weeks is their answer

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit#gid=606080062

Looks like 10 to 23 days from NOA 2 to NVC number. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ana Maria said:

I don't know how they leave so fast either....

I'm the petitioner, we were approved on March 28th in Brasil.  I did not try to influence Ana's departure time.  We discussed very early on - how much time do you need to exit....3 weeks we said back then.

But, that was just not realistic for us.

We were approved on March 1, had Visa on March 9 morning and flight left March 9 evening. I suppose a flight same day as visa receipt was a bit risky? :wow:

She had been packing in advance of our interview date and the original plan was for her to fly out a few weeks after the interview date. I was expecting to fly back to the US alone but when the visa was going to be done in a week we changed the plan for her to come with me on the 9th. 

I suppose the preparation to leave were being made as soon as we knew interview date. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, KandW said:

How does everyone pack up and leave their home so quickly? Makes me think that I’m moving too slow.

i am right in saying that I have 4 months from the date of my medical to enter the US? (It would have only of been 2 months and 2 weeks from my medical until my flight)

my flight is next Sunday and i have almost sold everything in my apartment. I have sent 5 boxes already and have another 3x boxes and 3 suitcases to send (lol - I’m your typical woman!)

I’m so excited! I thought I done everything in perfect timing but people are flying into the states so quickly. 

Is that all you have? Oh man, you're lucky. 

I sent an oversized suitcase with an excess baggage company. I have 2 cubic meters of boxes. I have so much stuff haha. Lots of books, records, comics, figures... (I'm a right nerd) loads of other bits. I really want to find a teapot! 😳 Show America what real tea is.

Taking my Xbox in my hand luggage so I have something to do whilst I wait for my SS#. Can't wait 6 weeks for that!.😐 I've been packing my stuff months before, got quotes, lists, and such ready so I could book for asap. 

We're still on for May 4th. Signed up for a virtual race too so we can mark our day by stepping forward together and getting some really cool Star Wars medals. Go for a nice walk together, make some money for charity... Yay, Star Wars.

Yaaaaaay. I'm so excited for everyone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
43 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

We were approved on March 1, had Visa on March 9 morning and flight left March 9 evening. I suppose a flight same day as visa receipt was a bit risky? :wow:

She had been packing in advance of our interview date and the original plan was for her to fly out a few weeks after the interview date. I was expecting to fly back to the US alone but when the visa was going to be done in a week we changed the plan for her to come with me on the 9th. 

I suppose the preparation to leave were being made as soon as we knew interview date. 

Ah...yes, keeping ahead of it....and ready.

My Brazilian would have none of it...she wasn't marching to anyone's beat.

One day at a time....especially with this process - and when the approval comes and the VISA is in hand - then we are ready to plan the exit.  :)

5/30/2017: I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox 

6/06/2017:  NOA1 Date

01/02/2018: NOA2  Date
01/24/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/2018: Case Number Assigned

02/12/2018: NVC Email - IN TRANSIT

No NVC Letter Received

02/17/2018:  Scheduled Interview (while still IN TRANSIT)

02/20/2018:  Embassy "READY" status

03/02/2018:  Medical Scheduled

03/06/2018: INTERVIEW Scheduled

03/06/2018: Interview - APPROVED!
03/28/2018: Visa in Hand!!!!
06/11/2018: POE USA - ATLANTA

06/18/ 2018:  MARRIED!   CHARLOTTE, NC

07/27/2018: AOS; i485, i765 & i131 Mailed

07/30/2018: NOA1 Receive Date (i485,i313, i765)

08/10/2018: NOA1 Hardcopies received.

08/16/2018: Biometrics Letter Received

08/30/2018: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

10/22/2018: AOS Interview Scheduled- Electronic Notice

Hi all,

i have a quick question not sure if anyone can help but if you can shed some insight it would be appreciated. We had our interview on April 11 and was asked for additional information. We were advised they need more proof of our relationship. We sent the requested information the following day and our case had been in admin processing since then. All along our receipt date for our case was jan18, as of yesterday it was updated to show April 24 as both the receipt date and last updated date. Does anyone know what this mean? Or how long does AP take and how will we know if we were approved? Please help I'm seriously loosing my mind and feel so lost. Thanks. To everyone that has approvals congrats and to those that are still waiting god bless.

I just got word we were denied.... I'm numb...

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 10.20.07 PM.jpg

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Really confused and don’t know what to say, but I hope it is a mistake!

1 minute ago, Naes said:

Really confused and don’t know what to say, but I hope it is a mistake!

I talked to the Embassy. It isn’t a mistake. They won’t share information but the reason will be in the email and letter. 

It wont keep us apart. If we have to do a CR-1 then so be it. No man can keep us from getting married. 

There was was another denial today for someone who we know here. I won’t say who but we will keep them in our thoughts too. All around, not a great day but it isn’t the end. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

24 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

how is that even possible???

i am so sorry to hear that seriously :( i don't even know what to say or what to think this is just pure confusion :( 

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I talked to the Embassy. It isn’t a mistake. They won’t share information but the reason will be in the email and letter. 

It wont keep us apart. If we have to do a CR-1 then so be it. No man can keep us from getting married. 

There was was another denial today for someone who we know here. I won’t say who but we will keep them in our thoughts too. All around, not a great day but it isn’t the end. 

I’m so sorry to hear that. I hope it works out and the reason is not something big, so cr-1 can work.

2 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

how is that even possible???

i am so sorry to hear that seriously :( i don't even know what to say or what to think this is just pure confusion :( 

We are at a loss too. We will get through this. I will fly there to get married and we will file a CR-1 if we have to. Now we will just wait on the email. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.