Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Layanis J said:

You can be prepared as to who your going to choose to be your agent. But unfortunately until you receive a case number you won’t be able to do anything. Because you need your case number to acces the CEAC page which is were your going to be doing all the NVC process!! Or at least that’s what I know. Hope this helps ☺️

Do you have to wait for NVC to mail you the case number. Or , can you call NVC and get case number over the phone?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Arcangel said:

Do you have to wait for NVC to mail you the case number. Or , can you call NVC and get case number over the phone?

Yes , if they have assigned you one already they can give it to you on the phone and you can get started!! At least that’s what I know! But I’m not there yet , still waiting on NOA2 😭

Nebraska service center hours 

CF0085E4-E1BE-4B3F-81A5-6AE1749FBF05.png

Edited by Layanis J

16 minutes ago, Sweetyp said:

How long does it take for NVC to assign case number. For me its already been 8 weeks and my husband tried to call them and they said no NVC number yet.  So any one know how long it takes after approval to get case number?

8 weeks!!?? I feel like other people have been posting it’s taking like 4 weeks. 

for me they received my case from USCIS but they have not assigned case number. I am not sure how long more its gonna take.   It takes approximately 30-60 days for an immigrant visa application to be transferred from USCIS to the National Visa Center. The National Visa Center recommends that an applicant wait at least 60 days from the date of the immigrant petition approval before calling to confirm the receipt of an application. so its taking more than 2 months for sure after approval

4 hours ago, Hirax said:

Does anyone know about how long will the NVC process take? My NOA2 is Nov 6 and plan to travel to see my husband on Jan 14. Do you guys think I'd be done sending all the documents before then?

where you planning to travel  to see hubby in the USA?.  it takes 6 weeks for USCIS to transfer ur case to NVC. NVC takes another 3 weeks to put ur case in system and assign case number. So more then 2 months, I assume. 

6 hours ago, Sweetyp said:

How long does it take for NVC to assign case number. For me its already been 8 weeks and my husband tried to call them and they said no NVC number yet.  So any one know how long it takes after approval to get case number?

Hi, in my case (NOA2 sept 25 )USCIS transferred my case to NVC Oct 3 and NVC received it Oct 11. We got our case number thru email Nov 8. So for me roughly a month. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It’s a new day. Someone on the Facebook group got approved this morning for March 7th PD Nebraska. Guess we would get some today. Amen.. Fingers crossed 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Itstyme said:

It’s a new day. Someone on the Facebook group got approved this morning for March 7th PD Nebraska. Guess we would get some today. Amen.. Fingers crossed 

Yes!! Thanks to God.. I got my approval this morning!! PD March 7... Nebraska 👏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good morning ... We received our approval this morning!!

PD March 7th - Nebraska

· Received email/txt notification

· New website updated

· Old website NOT updated

· Case tracker app NOT updated

There is light.... Nebraska, keep them approvals  coming!!  

Edited by R.DeLeon79

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.