Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, IKD said:

Hello mrsgeorge 

We both are in same place ....

M also at TSC n waiting 

But Be positive 

We ll also getting approved very soon.... 

Fingures crossed.. i have anxious ever since people started getting approvals from last month or so..so u can imagine the anxiety and excitement of thinking u r next..

Hey guys, hope everyone is as excited as me in this process... I would like to ask everyone... Did anyone already received the NVC letter. I was also told my file was received but they couldnt see any case details... they asked me wait 2 weeks and call back to see if any updates have been made, but I'm so anxious about moving towards the final step that I can't wait. I'll call again tomorrow morning to see if I they can see my file on their system already. 😁

6 hours ago, Amadita said:

Hey guys, hope everyone is as excited as me in this process... I would like to ask everyone... Did anyone already received the NVC letter. I was also told my file was received but they couldnt see any case details... they asked me wait 2 weeks and call back to see if any updates have been made, but I'm so anxious about moving towards the final step that I can't wait. I'll call again tomorrow morning to see if I they can see my file on their system already. 😁

Hi, I’m also waiting for their letter. My husband called NVC and said they received our case last October 11. Keep us updated when they see your case in their system. 😊 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/18/2018 at 9:22 PM, Keila_27 said:

Hello, USCIS sent it to NVC Oct 3. My husband called NVC yesterday and they said, they can see it but not yet on database. Its confusing though. It might be there already but not yet formally encoded in their system. I believe so. But we will call again to check. How about your status? Still waiting too?

Hello, NVC received our package Oct 12. The lady said that we should wait 7~8 weeks for our case # to be ready. Waiting game again😐

1 hour ago, Emeaba said:

Hello, NVC received our package Oct 12. The lady said that we should wait 7~8 weeks for our case # to be ready. Waiting game again😐

Hello there, yes that’s what they will say, wait up to 8 weeks. But hopefully it will be faster. 🙏 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/21/2018 at 7:35 AM, Arcangel said:

This is spectacular news!

Mid March Nebraska this week fo’ sho’!

Wow!! Congrats buddy... I know how much you were waiting for this. Best of Luck....and hopefully I get mine soon!!!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mozambique
Timeline

Called the NVC on Friday night at about 11pm.   The call went right through immediately after selecting menu options.  They indicated they had recived the file from USCIS about two weeks back but they had not finished entering the data to the system and it would take 6 - 8 weeks. 

They also mentioned it would be done with CEAC processing, or all via online document submission, is this normal or an expedited method?   I figured if not normal it is possible since my wifes was just done within the last two years they dont need me to mail documents? 

2 hours ago, MozambiqueSoninha said:

Called the NVC on Friday night at about 11pm.   The call went right through immediately after selecting menu options.  They indicated they had recived the file from USCIS about two weeks back but they had not finished entering the data to the system and it would take 6 - 8 weeks. 

They also mentioned it would be done with CEAC processing, or all via online document submission, is this normal or an expedited method?   I figured if not normal it is possible since my wifes was just done within the last two years they dont need me to mail documents? 

When you called, what menu options did you have to pick to get to speak to someone and not just the auto machine. I called this morning but wasn’t directed to a rep.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mozambique
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Rosalessss1023 said:

When you called, what menu options did you have to pick to get to speak to someone and not just the auto machine. I called this morning but wasn’t directed to a rep.

the first time I didn't select and option, I just stayed on the line for a rep.    When I tried this during the day, I have sat on hold for hours without getting through.   When I called at 11pm I got right through.   The lady the answered said when I called back in the future I should call back using option '5' for CEAC processing.  She asked me to hold to see if she could get a manager from that department to take my call, but said they were all busy, so I could try again on monday or hang up and call back using number 5 from the menu.  I called back, pressed 5, and again got right through to an operator.   

That is also why I asked my second question - I do not know if it is expected that we ALL get CEAC - or if CEAC is used in only some situations.   If CEAC processing is normal than I would say call and use the Number 5 option.   I would also recommend calling very late at night - they are open till midnight - this way you do not spend hours on hold just to not get anywhere.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.