Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

Just now, GigglesRR said:

Ah man!!! It’s actually starting to get exciting! I didn’t think being “close” would ever get here! *fingers crossed*

Based on all that I saw, I think for those of us that are mid March , Nebraska - it’s going to happen within the next 2 weeks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Arcangel said:

Based on all that I saw, I think for those of us that are mid March , Nebraska - it’s going to happen within the next 2 weeks

I’m at the end of March so I’m hoping for 2.5 weeks lol maybe 3. I’m wondering how long the next steps take “realistically”. It would be nice if people had an idea. Seems like life is just on hold until then...

Timeline
5 hours ago, GigglesRR said:

What new site?

Uscis has two 2 sites

Old

https://www.uscis.gov

And new: 

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Marie85 said:

Uscis has two 2 sites

Old

https://www.uscis.gov

And new: 

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Thank you 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Arcangel said:

Ok hopes builder....Lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, GigglesRR said:

I’m at the end of March so I’m hoping for 2.5 weeks lol maybe 3. I’m wondering how long the next steps take “realistically”. It would be nice if people had an idea. Seems like life is just on hold until then...

Hi Giggles,

Once NVC gives you a login for the online visa application, you’re looking at about 3 months out. Of course, give yourself time to fill out the application and collect the documentation carefully so you don’t miss anything. It takes 60 days or so to process, and then about 30 days to get an interview date. You get to pick your interview date from a selection of dates. If your visa is approved, you generally get a 6 month window in which to immigrate. Hope this helps!

Timeline
1 minute ago, lilleahbeah said:

Hi Giggles,

Once NVC gives you a login for the online visa application, you’re looking at about 3 months out. Of course, give yourself time to fill out the application and collect the documentation carefully so you don’t miss anything. It takes 60 days or so to process, and then about 30 days to get an interview date. You get to pick your interview date from a selection of dates. If your visa is approved, you generally get a 6 month window in which to immigrate. Hope this helps!

I have an attorney and he has all the needed documents already ready to submit. So after approval, about 3 months left? I petitioned for my husband in Jamaica. I can pick his interview date?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mmefall said:

Just called and they said same info that is listed on site that I knew already. Also said they have stopped transfers to a Tier 2 reps for right now due to call volume & I would have to try at another time 🙄😤

Bull...keep calling another person 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Mrsamoah2018 said:

Bull...keep calling another person 

I did. Tier 2 didnt really give me anything valuable on my case. He just said it hasnt been put into its final review and still going through certain "checks" and everything looks fine as of now. Still dont know what the hell that is supposed to mean 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, GigglesRR said:

I have an attorney and he has all the needed documents already ready to submit. So after approval, about 3 months left? I petitioned for my husband in Jamaica. I can pick his interview date?

Oh that’s good. Yes, about 3 months. I should say, I was able to pick a date at my consulate, which was in Montreal. I was given a calendar of a few-week range and picked the day and time. Maybe not every office works that way though. We did this a couple years ago but circumstances made us have to rescind our application, so here goes round 2!

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Arcangel said:

Happy Friday! It’s a Great day to be approved!

I see they moved back a day 🤬 lol but hey! What’s one day compared to months of waiting?!?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Arcangel said:

Happy Friday! It’s a Great day to be approved!

hey let me get this right, are you saying you got approved? We have the same pd.. 

Edited by Itstyme

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.