Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

My projected approval date frame on VisaJourney keeps coming forward, I guess that's a good sign for now. 

On 19/04/2018 at 2:40 PM, Arcangel said:

Hello i had the same question a few weeks ago when my wife was getting ready to visit me while her I-130 is in progress. the short answer is: you are OK.

I spoke to 3 separate Immigration officers at the airport on this and all three told me " it is all about intent" as long as the foreign spouse shows intent- aka a return ticket back home- you are fine. Also they mentioned that as long as the foreign spouse does not spend 5 months in the US, go back home for 2 weeks then return for another 5 months- stuff like that.

And so she visited , we had a lovely time. She stayed for 6 days and returned back to her home country. No issues. 

I hope this helps. we also filed in March 2018 and waiting for NOA2. Waiting is THE worst!

On 26/04/2018 at 6:20 PM, honeymoon22 said:

Hello everyone!

This waiting process is killing me :( So I’m planning to visit hubby in two weeks and wanted to ask you all if anyone else has traveled to the US yet? I’m coming from Toronto, Canada. I plan to have my return ticket ready. I’m not employed cause I am a student and will be finished with university in about a week. I was planning on bringing proof of my graduation date to show that I intend on returning for my convocation ceremony. I will be staying the US for a little over a month. When the officer asks me who I’m visiting, if I say “family” is that considered a lie? Or should I just say “my husband”? Because based on previous travels, when I’ve said “family” they’ve never inquired further and my husband is my family. What do you guys think?

On 27/04/2018 at 12:39 PM, Muffinji said:

Since you do have previous travel records, I think you should be fine with your current plan. It’s not a lie as long as you tell the truth if they inquire further. <- can’t guarantee anything though cause... it’s always the officer at the border that decides. 

Hey lovelies!!!

I just got back from the USA!

I went to see my hubby and also went on a cruise for a week as it was my birthday. 

In total I spent 2 glorious weeks 😁😁😁

I’m from the U.K. so I travel on the Visa Waiver Programme with an ESTA.  For those who don’t know - the visa waiver programme allows citizens of certain countries to travel visa free to USA for up to 90days. No work allowed. 

I flew direct from London U.K. to Seattle, Washington state. 

I landed around 3pm.

It was moderately busy at the airport. It’s not a very big airport so it can get crowded fast. Lines began to form. 

I was able to use the same line as USA passport holders, so I really didn’t wait that long. 

If you have an ESTA, and have traveled to USA before on it, you can use the same line USA passport holders use. 

So this line allows you to self scan your passport and finger prints.

I think it takes a picture too.

It then prints a receipt and you join the line and present this to the border control Officer along with your passport. 

It it took me about 10mins in line to get to the self scanner , then another 10mins or less in the next line to get to the border control Officer. 

There was one line, which was moving pretty fast as there were 4 border control Officers. I am guessing most people in the line were USA passport holders returning home I guess? Dunno if that’s why it was so fast? I’ve used the same line at LAX 2 years ago, and nearly grew another leg and almost missed my connection with the time it took to get through the line !

Anyway, I was seen by a gentleman immigration Officer , and he was really nice. 

* He asked - what are you coming over for?

I said to meet my husband and my parents, as we are going for my birthday cruise on Friday!🚢

(I landed on Monday. )

* He smiled, and said, oh is this your birthday present?!

I said YESSS!! Can’t wait!

* He said Nice! and asked - So where are they ?

I said my husband is already here, as he lives here, and my parents will arrive on Wednesday from New Zealand. 

* He asked - how long are you staying ?

I said 14 days 

* He said - Great. Have a nice day ma’am, and great birthday!

That was it!

The conversation took about 3-4 mins. So it took me roughly 30mins to get cleared at immigration. 

Obviously, I’ve been to Seattle before, but never as married to USC (and to the USA in general more than 10 times ) and have never over stayed, so I wonder if that helped?

I would say if you can, get a direct flight so you’re not worried about connecting flights etc. 

I’m planning another visit in September! 

Thank you so much  to 💓💓everyone 💓💓who reassured me and shared experiences. 

You guys rock ok! 🎸 

So I’m back now.

Still no NOA2 😞

Any March Zombies got their NOA2?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hello Everyone! I filled my petition on March 29th and received my first notice a week after, I am very anxious, I just saw someone who got approved on May who filled on January! Very exciting!! anyone from March here?? 

Edited by adryher21

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~Post merged with existing thread.~~

1 hour ago, adryher21 said:

Hello Everyone! I filled my petition on March 29th and received my first notice a week after, I am very anxious, I just saw someone who got approved on May who filled on January! Very exciting!! anyone from March here?? 

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ryan H said:

~~Post merged with existing thread.~~

How do I  save this forum? Sorry, I am new here! 

Hello everyone! Good luck to you all! 

Timeline
On 5/26/2018 at 1:15 AM, HarryWL said:

My projected approval date frame on VisaJourney keeps coming forward, I guess that's a good sign for now. 

Does it say October for you? I am from March as well and my time frame says approximately October! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
9 hours ago, adryher21 said:

hi! Uhm almost everyone in this topic is from March 😅

well, it depends on when you filed, which service center and also if you get any rfe. I believe some that filed the first 2 weeks of March might have approximately sept-oct in their timeline. 

Everyone is probably anxious as well but, unless like half of January got approved in May, and then feb the month after, I don’t think that one case will be a good estimate for how long the processing time will take. 

As of now, I think it’s mostly still nov-dec in general with a few outlier of jan. 

Patience. 😂

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Muffinji said:

hi! Uhm almost everyone in this topic is from March 😅

well, it depends on when you filed, which service center and also if you get any rfe. I believe some that filed the first 2 weeks of March might have approximately sept-oct in their timeline. 

Everyone is probably anxious as well but, unless like half of January got approved in May, and then feb the month after, I don’t think that one case will be a good estimate for how long the processing time will take. 

As of now, I think it’s mostly still nov-dec in general with a few outlier of jan. 

Patience. 😂

Thanks for the info!! Yeah every case is different! 😊

17 hours ago, adryher21 said:

Does it say October for you? I am from March as well and my time frame says approximately October! 

Currently it says between September 7th and 21st. My priority date is March 9th though. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Michelle609 said:

Mine is apr 19 and it says oct 5-8 

Lucky you! I dont really know how they approximate dates, Many people from january are being accepted now on may and the processing timing says they are reviewing from August on the USCIS website and November from visa journey! Also, I am looking at Nebraska center! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, adryher21 said:

Lucky you! I dont really know how they approximate dates, Many people from january are being accepted now on may and the processing timing says they are reviewing from August on the USCIS website and November from visa journey! Also, I am looking at Nebraska center! 

Hahah sorry I meant march 19 im Aldo in the Nebraska center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.